Author Topic: Highway pegs for the C-10  (Read 125322 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
Re: Highway pegs for the C-10
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2012, 07:32:29 PM »
I guess I am wondering why there is no discussion around attaching pegs to tip over bars? Is it mostly preference or comfort or? They sure look nice? 

Mike
Its all personal prefence. That and a lot of us are 'frugal' sob's  :P
Hwy pegs can be aquired for a lot less $$$.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:44:18 AM by snarf »
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline RedEX

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2012, 01:07:13 PM »
No problems removing the fairing. The hole, even with the rubber gromets is slightly larger than the pegs and clevis. Just remove the screws and it will slip right off.
To be honest this is sorta a bad time with work and the rally just around the corner. It is a long weekend so I may be able to work a little magic. I will keep you posted.
Thanks for your interest.
Chris...
Well thank you Snarf but if this is a busy time then don't worry about it for now- and you should get to enjoy your holiday weekend too!  The bike is new to me, maybe I should just try it like it is and see how I like it.  The stock foot pegs are certainly much bigger and more comfortable than what I have on the EX!

Offline RedEX

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2012, 09:14:06 AM »
Well a nice long two-up ride reveals that am missing the highway pegs that I've become so used to on my other bike.  Looks like I'll need a set whenever you have time!  Thanks Snarf. 

Offline red44

« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »
Sent you a PM snarf.

Offline RedEX

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2012, 04:13:38 PM »
Just wanted to give a big "Thank You" to Snarf, for rushing out a set of his highway pegs (and block-off plates).   They look great, and the installation is almost done.  (Yea they're the "VC" ones, and I'm about to "take the plunge" with the hole saw.  :yikes:  Nah,,, it doesn't look that bad!)   I was doing the valve adjustment on the bike anyway so Connie was in the perfect state of undress,  ;) and the top end looks sooo much better without all that hose clutter.  Nice products, thanks Snarf!   :chugbeer:

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2012, 05:13:42 AM »
Just wanted to give a big "Thank You" to Snarf, for rushing out a set of his highway pegs (and block-off plates).   They look great, and the installation is almost done.  (Yea they're the "VC" ones, and I'm about to "take the plunge" with the hole saw.  :yikes:  Nah,,, it doesn't look that bad!)   I was doing the valve adjustment on the bike anyway so Connie was in the perfect state of undress,  ;) and the top end looks sooo much better without all that hose clutter.  Nice products, thanks Snarf!   :chugbeer:
:pukeface: well thats how I felt when I put the pilot bit through the plastic for the first time.  The other side feels like you have been doing it all your life.  remember measure twice and cut once  :-[
Also THANK YOU for the kind words
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline kiteman

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2012, 02:44:20 PM »
Hi Snarf.  Was waiting to hear back from you on getting a set.  Any word?
2004 C10  2nd owner
1995 Honda Nighthawk

Offline kiteman

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2012, 03:58:26 PM »
Hi Snarf.  Sent you a PM if that's helpful for getting back to me.  Thanks....
2004 C10  2nd owner
1995 Honda Nighthawk

Offline RedEX

« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2012, 08:32:40 AM »
A little follow-up... Snarf your highway pegs really saved the day on our trip to Tennessee a couple of weeks ago.  The ankles were getting a little hot ( :o) while riding in full gear in 102 degree weather.  (Like, blistering!)  So it was really nice to be able to move my feet out of the burn zone and onto the highway pegs, it helped a lot.  Thanks again Snarf!

Offline kiteman

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
Hi Snarf.  Have a set ready for me?  Reply here, PM me, or get me by email please...
2004 C10  2nd owner
1995 Honda Nighthawk

Offline Nemo

Snarf!!!! Your pegs are deer proof.
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2012, 01:52:37 AM »
Had my first run in with a deer last week. The deer came out of nowhere and it happened so fast. all I could do was hang on. I just rode it out and came to a stop. I didn't go down.  The deer hit me right in front of your peg and ripped everything that was bolted on the right side of the bike Off. I didn't know the parts were ripped off till I turned around. Saddle bag, the little scoop by the right leg.  Man what a mess all the way around. I feel your pegs saved my right leg from getting smashed. I was doing around 50 mph.

Never ride faster then your guardian angel.........

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2012, 05:10:13 PM »
 :)  ;D WOW that is fantastic and sad news all at the same time.
I hope to be able to use both my arms in the near future and be able to get back into making things again.
Im glad that you made it through the experience safe.
2002 Conc

Offline Jake

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2021, 06:35:55 PM »
Going to try and send out money this week, need to get some before my June ride to the Dragon.
I rode my 2016 C14 to the Dragon last August vis Devils Tower and Sturgis!!  Across SD to Iowa and then Missouri, Kansas, and Tennessee. Rode the Tail of the Dragon below Knoxville and after stopping at the Deals Gap store to buy a T Shirt headed back through Chattanooga, Memphis, Arkansas, OK, Texas Panhandle and then home to Albuquerque. 4600 and a couple of miles in 8 days. AND, I had highway pegs that were a life saver. You will not regret getting them. Enjoy.

Offline jacksdad

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2021, 07:13:03 PM »
Hi there, are these still available?
If not, has anyone found alternatives or have new/used sets for sale?
I'm in the UK so if by chance you have them, I'd need them shipping, thanks! 😁