Author Topic: throttle locker:???  (Read 5388 times)

Offline Dan

throttle locker:???
« on: May 27, 2011, 05:40:29 AM »
miss the old board, ok, what was the o-ring, or which one from cat that people said worked so well, and how did one disengage it, or did it just put enough pressure that one could simple twist the grip on the hway if necessary???

Thanks

Offline Dan

Re: throttle locker:???
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 05:41:16 AM »
thanks again for the knowledge boys, need to get these threads back out there... have a great holiday...  get some rides in...

Be safe.

dan

Offline nosaint7

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 07:17:32 AM »
Got one of these:
http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

Works fine for me.  Simple AND cheap.
current: 2003 C10
past: Yamaha Vstar, Yamaha XS750, Suzuki T500, BSA 650 Lightning (yup - I'm OLD!)

Offline Centex

• Arena
    • Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 12:18:48 PM »
Dan, PM me with your mail address and I'll drop the bright yellow CAT silicon O-ring in an envelope to ya.

I don't remember the part number and I didn't pay for it - when I went into the local CAT house to buy it, the guy at the counter pointed to his helmet on the shelf behind and refused payment for the 'cruise control'.

While it works to hold the grip, and you can overcome the friction to roll off the throttle, I cannot move it back to the bar-end to completely 'dis-engage' it without coming to a complete stop and using two hands.

It easily rolls into the gap between the bar-end and the grip,  but is too tight to roll-it back out while moving.

Maybe others know a trick but for me it was not an acceptable solution.

nosaint ... that looks slick and is worth the $20 to try IMHO for the ocassional cruise wrist relief ... either lift it with the finger or clutch-in and roll the throttle forward to instantly and completely disengage while on the go ... hopefully it doesn't interfere with my finger that constantly covers the brake ... THANKS for that link!!
Alan in Central Texas
2004 Connie COG 9476
2001 Ducati M750

Offline nosaint7

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 01:21:01 PM »
cut...
nosaint ... that looks slick and is worth the $20 to try IMHO for the ocassional cruise wrist relief ... either lift it with the finger or clutch-in and roll the throttle forward to instantly and completely disengage while on the go ... hopefully it doesn't interfere with my finger that constantly covers the brake ... THANKS for that link!!

clutch-in and roll the throttle forward - works for me.  I too have index finger covering brake - no interference (but I've got thin/long fingers).
past: Yamaha Vstar, Yamaha XS750, Suzuki T500, BSA 650 Lightning (yup - I'm OLD!)

Offline GeeBeav

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 01:21:41 PM »
Got one of these:

+1 on the GoCruise. Brilliantly simple, works great.
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Offline Tele130

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »
Dan, PM me with your mail address and I'll drop the bright yellow CAT silicon O-ring in an envelope and mail it to ya.

DONT use a regular letter envelope to mail it!!!!!!  If it makes it to it's destination it would be amazing. Use a "Bubble" type envelope and make sure the window clerk marks it "Non Machinable".
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline timmerz

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 08:01:15 PM »
Got one of these:

Just bought one...first time I've seen them, makes perfect sense to me! Thanks a mil for posting that link!
Tim

Offline tvpierce

• '99 Concours
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 05:56:38 AM »
While it works to hold the grip, and you can overcome the friction to roll off the throttle, I cannot move it back to the bar-end to completely 'dis-engage' it without coming to a complete stop and using two hands.

It easily rolls into the gap between the bar-end and the grip,  but is too tight to roll-it back out while moving.

Sounds like you had too much of a gap between the grip and the bar end weight.  Compressed air will help you move the grip if it's not glued on.

I have a Cramp Buster that makes the on/off motion easy and seamless.
I don't want a pickle... I just wanna ride my motorsickle.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 02:15:15 PM »
Got one of these:

I assume but will ask anyhow. Did you get the smaller size? Thanks.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline booger

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »
Got one of these:

I use the Go Cruise and am completely satisfied with it.  However, as I said in previous threads, I don't consider $20.00 for 50 cents of plastic cheap.

Offline nosaint7

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 07:03:56 PM »
I assume but will ask anyhow. Did you get the smaller size? Thanks.

YES - smaller size

Offline nosaint7

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 07:11:50 PM »
I use the Go Cruise and am completely satisfied with it.  However, as I said in previous threads, I don't consider $20.00 for 50 cents of plastic cheap.

LOL! agree!  To be more accurate, I should have said "cheap in comparison to other throttle locks and/or cruise controls".  Simple idea, simple to install, simple to use.  Ran several other types of throttle locks on my cruiser - switched to this when the "vista-cruise" shook itself to pieces from that classic V-twin vibration.   

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 10:39:24 AM »
I am going to make one out of a scrap piece of cherry. If memory serves me right  there were ones made out of metal rod back in the day.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1