Author Topic: Fight the Iso!  (Read 1224 times)

Offline j_wahl91

Fight the Iso!
« on: May 14, 2020, 07:57:51 PM »
So, with these times of isolation and staying home, I figured it would be cool to share pics of your ride and places you've been! Give everyone a chance to be away from home within, well, the comfort of their home!

I'll start this off with a pic of my dragon out at Seneca Rocks, West Virginia, USA. Ended up doing about 350 miles or so that day, and I've got to say my plans on a TBE and some other cosmetics are on hold 'til I get a new seat.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Fight the Iso!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 08:02:13 PM »
ahhhh Yoder's store..... is the Princess Pocohontas campgrounds open for business yet?.. my fave spot, have stayed in the cabins a few times for my "anniversary with wife".. nice place.. ride safe now..

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline j_wahl91

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 08:11:34 PM »
ahhhh Yoder's store..... is the Princess Pocohontas campgrounds open for business yet?.. my fave spot, have stayed in the cabins a few times for my "anniversary with wife".. nice place.. ride safe now..

From what I saw, some of the cabin spots seemed to have people there. I could be wrong, but it was quite the scenic ride

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 12:32:28 PM »
I'm not fighting the "iso" at all.  In fact I'm enjoying it a lot.  My job is deemed "essential" (I work for a company that makes equipment for internet server farms, etc., so guys like us can do stuff like this).  When I go to work (3.2 mile commute) at 4:30 am, there are NO other cars on the road, and very few even at 3:30 coming home.  The freeways in Washington are depopulated, but the speeds are WAY up, you have to do 75 to 80 or get run over.  When I go to my vacation cabin, I get there in record time.  Gasoline is $2.23/gal, but I don't have anywhere else to go.  I can sit around on my butt all day and surf the 'net or watch TV and my fiance doesn't bitch at me.   My sister doesn't want me to visit her because I might be contagious.   My idiot friends don't come visit me and waste my time with their crap. 

What's not to like?

There just doesn't seem to be a down-side for me.

A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 06:37:04 AM »
Looks like a fellow Virginian with a 2017! Route 33 out to Seneca Rocks is a good ride. There is a group of us that normally do a “Pizza Run” at least once a year to the pizza joint up on the second floor there.

I’ll be out there the week after Father’s Day for the Mid Atlantic Meet (M109R meet). Planning to take the Connie tho. To much fun to be scrapping pegs all week. I like doing the route 33 out to Elkins then head south to Route 250 back to VA. We will be staying at the Sleep Inn in Staunton VA for the week. Feel free to stop in and say hi or join us for a ride if you are in the area. Just look for the Easy ups in the back parking lot of the hotel.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 07:16:35 AM »
Route 33 out to Seneca Rocks is a good ride. [...] I like doing the route 33 out to Elkins then head south to Route 250 back to VA.

I have been that route, myself.   It really is a nice ride.  Some areas, especially near the mountains, are just breathtakingly beautiful.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline j_wahl91

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 09:40:13 PM »
Looks like a fellow Virginian with a 2017! Route 33 out to Seneca Rocks is a good ride. There is a group of us that normally do a “Pizza Run” at least once a year to the pizza joint up on the second floor there.

I’ll be out there the week after Father’s Day for the Mid Atlantic Meet (M109R meet). Planning to take the Connie tho. To much fun to be scrapping pegs all week. I like doing the route 33 out to Elkins then head south to Route 250 back to VA. We will be staying at the Sleep Inn in Staunton VA for the week. Feel free to stop in and say hi or join us for a ride if you are in the area. Just look for the Easy ups in the back parking lot of the hotel.

I used to have a 2014 M109R B.O.S.S, wish I knew about that group. I miss that bike dearly. But I'll see if my wife is interested, I'd love to go out there again and hopefully my Sargent seat will be in. What days are the meet?

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 01:06:36 AM »
Visit to an RAF Memorial last weekend on the C14. Couple of WLA Harleys in the background.
The memorial commemorates all the Mosquito crew who lost their lives flying from that base (Bradwell, UK)
Not that many miles ridden (70 round trip) but my first ride since last year and a chance to try out the Corbin I bought under lockdown.
It's better than most of the other saddles I've tried, but I'm still going to order a Day-Long shortly.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 05:35:22 AM »
One of the best aircraft ever made!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 06:15:45 AM »
I used to have a 2014 M109R B.O.S.S, wish I knew about that group. I miss that bike dearly. But I'll see if my wife is interested, I'd love to go out there again and hopefully my Sargent seat will be in. What days are the meet?

I’m planning to be there 6/20 - 6/28. Most wont get there until 6/22. Several guys tend to trickle in throughout the week depending on what their schedule permits. 6/26 and 6/27 will have the most attendance. In previous years, we have had anywhere from 50 to 150 bikes. I’m expecting this year to be the smallest attendance ever due to everything going on.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline j_wahl91

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 07:17:07 PM »
I’m planning to be there 6/20 - 6/28. Most wont get there until 6/22. Several guys tend to trickle in throughout the week depending on what their schedule permits. 6/26 and 6/27 will have the most attendance. In previous years, we have had anywhere from 50 to 150 bikes. I’m expecting this year to be the smallest attendance ever due to everything going on.

I wouldn't be surprised either. I'll see if I can make it out, unfortunately I'm limited to Sunday's since I work 6 days a week and I've got a date with my smoker and a 15lb pork butt on Father's day.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2020, 12:54:48 AM »
Everyone will be pulling out heading home on 6/28 (Sunday).
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R