Author Topic: What is the actual weight of the center stand on an '08 C14  (Read 920 times)

Offline teqnc2

Now that I've added a bunch of farkles to my '08 C14, it weighs more than the stock weight.

I'd like to get back towards the stock weight. I'm wondering whether removing the center stand will make much of a difference?

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Re: What is the actual weight of the center stand on an '08 C14
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 06:29:09 PM »
The center stand is probably around 7-10 pounds, but I wouldn’t ever take mine off.  It’s too useful for doing routine maintenance, cleaning, and repairs.  As long as you haven’t added a bunch of weight a long ways from the center of gravity, it shouldn’t affect you too much.

Hey, you could always reflash the ecu and get that power to weight ratio back.   ;)
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: What is the actual weight of the center stand on an '08 C14
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 06:44:16 PM »
If you've dumped the stock exhaust I doubt the farkles you've added will overcome the weight savings.