Author Topic: Earfuze review (bad)  (Read 7386 times)

Offline stewart

Earfuze review (bad)
« on: March 11, 2012, 07:32:24 PM »
I've been using the Earfuze earplugs for 3 years now and when asked I've always given them a +1 review as they were affordable and worked as advertised. But in the last 2 years I've had to replace them twice and my opinion is now a -1.

The first time I figured I must have done something after they failed to work before a long weekend ride with my wife.

The second time was today and 1st ride of the season. Earbuds were packed away working perfectly fine last day of the season last year, plug them in this morning and nothing but noise in one ear and a very soft sound in the other. What the...?

I will follow this post up with a note to the supplier, but I doubt I'll hear back as I sent them a note the 1st time as well.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Earfuze review (bad)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 04:48:37 AM »
Thanks for the review and the more that you can add to it, the better.  It's prompted me to add a new sub-board to the C14 Wiki area, Bike/Accessory Reviews.  I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now and your post pushed me over the edge.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?board=38.0

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stewart

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:55:18 PM »
I sent a note to the supplier documenting my experience, zero response. Need I say more.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline connie1

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 12:27:06 AM »
Forget earfuze...they probably sell you the cheapest Chinese made earphones made.  Get yourself a really good set (ask a teen for help).  They sell silicone molding materials at craft stores (google- silicone molding putty) and use the new earbuds to make your own.  You'll love the difference in sound quality.
Man do I love this bike! Red '09

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 07:56:09 AM »
My experience with EarFuze is that you get what you pay for, and they're dirt cheap.  And you can find home made customer ear plug materials online easily too.  Companies like Radians, just google them.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384