Author Topic: What is the point of selling different colors in different countries?  (Read 13261 times)

Offline Mister Tee

Re: What is the point of selling different colors in different countries?
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 12:16:24 PM »
are they this color in  japan?

I would say they have zero that color.

hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Offline quickwilly

• Meh
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 12:58:05 PM »
you're not good in geography, are you?  ;) From where I live, in a 300 miles radius 11 different languages are spoken:
1. German
2. Slovakian
3. Czech
4. Hungarian
5. Slovenian
6. Croatian
7. Bosnian
8. Italian
9. French
10. Czech
11. Luxemburgish

But we've got the fastest colour anyway... BLACK. It's so fast that everybody speaks not only one language, but one word: wow!!!

Luxemburgish???? ....as in "Its almost Luxemburg"

Sorry....struck me as funny 
2009 Connie
2000 ZX-12R

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 01:02:03 PM »
I would say they have zero that color.

hahahahahahahahaha!!!

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Cheesecake

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 11:26:17 PM »
I think Kawasaki Heavy Industries offers all these colors but it's up to your country's distributor to decide which colors he wants to store and get stuck with if they don't sell. Kawasaki USA doesn't want to take all the colors and stock up warehouses with them. They have meetings and ask Mark what colors he likes. Those are the only colors they stock, and our USA dealers can only get those colors.
2008 C-14

Offline JeffM

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 09:04:21 AM »
I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find someone to swap tupperware with you in another country so you could each have something neat.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »
I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find someone to swap tupperware with you in another country so you could each have something neat.

Anybody on here want to trade black for green?  ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2012, 09:48:12 AM »
I think Kawasaki Heavy Industries offers all these colors but it's up to your country's distributor to decide which colors he wants to store and get stuck with if they don't sell. Kawasaki USA doesn't want to take all the colors and stock up warehouses with them. They have meetings and ask Mark what colors he likes. Those are the only colors they stock, and our USA dealers can only get those colors.

I bet MARK at Kawi is deciding for USA
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2012, 10:04:25 AM »
Ok, I get the idea that they only want to stock certain colors but what about being able to order the color you want? Since they have the panels in many different colors why not allow someone to order from the factory in the color they want?

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2012, 10:16:15 AM »
I bet MARK at Kawi is deciding for USA

Somebody clearly forgot to consult with the forum.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2012, 10:28:17 AM »
Makes podunk Euro countries feel special? Since they can't ride 3000 miles and still speak the same language they get the pretty green color.
Maybe so, but then neither can y'all.  ::)
May be y'all could speak a *similar* language but east coast is different from west coast, midwest from deep south.
Then again, I can ride 20 miles and the accent changes markedly.
Yup, south Essex sounds like eastern London, but northern Essex sounds like Suffolk.
About as much difference as Jaw-ja to New Yoik.
That said I speak several languages so European travel isn't that difficult.
However, I don't speak or read a word of Greek and I still managed to order food and beer and managed to get laid in Greece!  ;D
It's amazing what ya can do when ya don't know what ya can't do. <LOL>

As for making us feel special  :P, we are so they should.  ;D
Y'all are just jealous because you have to ride 1000s miles to Mexico to see something more than a few hundred years old.
I can ride about 15 miles to see the nearest bit of Roman architecture (a mere 1900 years old) and 700 miles and a short ferry crossing gets me to a village thats over 4000 years old.
http://www.orkneyjar.com/history/skarabrae/

As for the colours, with the C10 they stopped selling it here in 1999.
Y'all got it until 2006 so don't go bellyaching about the damned colours when we didn't even get the bike!

If ya want the Green then write to Kwakasaki USA and tell them ya want the green.
If enough of ya do it they may well import it.
Personally I want a Team Kawasaki Green one.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »
Ok, I get the idea that they only want to stock certain colors but what about being able to order the color you want? Since they have the panels in many different colors why not allow someone to order from the factory in the color they want?

Kawi (or the euro brands) don't allow for factory direct orders for different  "color" or "pickup".  They are made in bulk per requirements of different countries, etc

I learned the whole process for stealerships when I recently tried to buy a BMW S1000RR to ride around Bavaria and then ship across the pond to USA. Not only could i order factory direct, but I couldn't go through a dealer and pick it up overseas.  Laws for "recreational" vehicles are diferent than cars.  If I want to do this with a BMW car manufactured at a german plant its no problem  >:(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2012, 12:00:38 PM »
snip...

Y'all are just jealous because you have to ride 1000s miles to Mexico to see something more than a few hundred years old.

Say what?

To name a couple that I have seen myself.

http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/mounds/builders.htm

http://www.blm.gov/co/st/en/fo/ahc/who_were_the_anasazi.html
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »
Say what?

To name a couple that I have seen myself.

http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/mounds/builders.htm

http://www.blm.gov/co/st/en/fo/ahc/who_were_the_anasazi.html

+1 :thumbs:

Here is a place that was home to 1000's of people between 850 AD and 1250 AD. The stone work on the 1000 room buildings are amazing.
http://www.nps.gov/chcu/index.htm

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2012, 02:39:20 PM »
Kawi (or the euro brands) don't allow for factory direct orders for different  "color" or "pickup".  They are made in bulk per requirements of different countries, etc

Now that's just stupid.

Not only could i NOT order factory direct, but I couldn't go through a dealer and pick it up overseas.  Laws for "recreational" vehicles are diferent than cars.  If I want to do this with a BMW car manufactured at a german plant its no problem  >:(

FIFY

Again stupid........ Isn't this because those bikes don't have the limiters in them?

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2012, 02:52:46 PM »
I dunno but they lost a quick sale over that and I'm still shopping for a sportbike

Offline katata1100

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2012, 04:00:32 PM »
Ideally, they would do market research with focus groups to see what colors people prefer. But, since this kawasaki we are talking about, I think the head of marketing blows his nose in a tissue and the most predominate colors in the booger/mucus mixture become the new colors.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 04:58:30 PM »

It is insane.  Like I have already said, I bought a 2011 Versys which is the the same color in europe.  I couldn't get the red handguard shells from Kawasaki USA so I had to order from the UK.  People have also orded full plastics from the UK and had them sent here.  Probably be cheaper to paint the bike, if you know a good painter.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »
Ideally, they would do market research with focus groups to see what colors people prefer. But, since this kawasaki we are talking about, I think the head of marketing blows his nose in a tissue and the most predominate colors in the booger/mucus mixture become the new colors.

Thanks for that bad visual.   :doublepuke:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 05:05:10 PM »
Maybe so, but then neither can y'all.  ::)
May be y'all could speak a *similar* language but east coast is different from west coast, midwest from deep south.
Then again, I can ride 20 miles and the accent changes markedly.
Yup, south Essex sounds like eastern London, but northern Essex sounds like Suffolk.
About as much difference as Jaw-ja to New Yoik.
That said I speak several languages so European travel isn't that difficult.
However, I don't speak or read a word of Greek and I still managed to order food and beer and managed to get laid in Greece!  ;D
It's amazing what ya can do when ya don't know what ya can't do. <LOL>

As for making us feel special  :P , we are so they should.  ;D
I can ride about 15 miles to see the nearest bit of Roman architecture (a mere 1900 years old) and 700 miles and a short ferry crossing gets me to a village thats over 4000 years old.
http://www.orkneyjar.com/history/skarabrae/

As for the colours, with the C10 they stopped selling it here in 1999.
Y'all got it until 2006 so don't go bellyaching about the damned colours when we didn't even get the bike!

If ya want the Green then write to Kwakasaki USA and tell them ya want the green.
If enough of ya do it they may well import it.
Personally I want a Team Kawasaki Green one.

;D
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline daringdave

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »
Seems like a good time to ask about the difference in motor oils sold in different countries... are they all the same color?  C'mon, how about an oil thread hijack?  ;D ;D :P
2010 Neptune Blue