Author Topic: Potatoes on the grill  (Read 1211 times)

Offline ARS

Potatoes on the grill
« on: August 12, 2013, 09:52:55 PM »
I maybe reinventing the wheel here, but I was grilling some pork chops this weekend and was too lazy to cut up some potatoes and wrap them in aluminum foil so I just nuke’m for 7 minutes.  After a couple bottles of barley pop I thought why not finish them on the grill, so I covered them in olive oil and an unhealthy dose of sea salt and place them off the side of the coals and covered the grill and let the applewood do its job. Just before taking ‘em off I rolled them over the coals to crisp up the skins a bit and BAM!
Pitch the tinfoil, you have to try it.  Simple, foolproof, delicious, and a big hit.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Potatoes on the grill
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 04:27:16 AM »
I maybe reinventing the wheel here, but I was grilling some pork chops this weekend and was too lazy to cut up some potatoes and wrap them in aluminum foil so I just nuke’m for 7 minutes.  After a couple bottles of barley pop I thought why not finish them on the grill, so I covered them in olive oil and an unhealthy dose of sea salt and place them off the side of the coals and covered the grill and let the applewood do its job. Just before taking ‘em off I rolled them over the coals to crisp up the skins a bit and BAM!
Pitch the tinfoil, you have to try it.  Simple, foolproof, delicious, and a big hit.

:thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 10:13:18 PM »
I take the nugget potatoes and, if they are too big, cut them in half otherwise leave them whole and douse them in olive oil, a little pepper (salt if you want) and put them on the top rack of the grill. If you want them crisp, put them on the grill itself. You can use grilling spices as well.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 10:46:04 PM »
Do it all the time......yum.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey