Author Topic: Adjustable air box intake  (Read 10679 times)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Re: Adjustable air box intake
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 05:13:54 AM »
I have them out 2 turns per the "kit" instructions (I think that is what it said).  I'll give it a try.  So is 40% blockage a decent or standard amount of "blocking"?
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 05:27:24 AM »
I have them out 2 turns per the "kit" instructions (I think that is what it said).  I'll give it a try.  So is 40% blockage a decent or standard amount of "blocking"?

I'm guessing that your foam for 40% blockage is around 1-3/4" long, I believe that is what SISF recommends as a starting point and for some it works just fine.

If you have another piece of foam you could try cutting it 1/8" smaller than your current size and see how that works but I would only make one of the adjustments at a time so you can see how each difference affects your bike.

Right now I'm running at 36% to 37% blockage and the bike is running great, but I've got SISF's power cams and very different jetting than his standard 2mm jet kit.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 05:28:45 AM »
Thank you Sir - Just what I was looking for.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington