Author Topic: Gas cap maintenance  (Read 5481 times)

Offline Snype

Re: Gas cap maintenance
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2018, 03:31:45 PM »
I get the concerns.. The $15 was not so uncomfortable to put out on a product that fixed my issue.  This is designed for fuel valves in airplanes.  I am sure it has gone through a butt-load of testing.  The biggest thing I was looking for was something that did not dissolve into my gas and contaminate my injectors.  I was thinking of a variety of more common greases; but most had some version of a petroleum base, or a base that had the possibility of clogging things in the engine.  I was a little nervous to use this stuff, for fear that I clog something, so I used it very sparingly and worked hard to get it into the lock; and then tried to squeeze out any excess.  I am still amazed at how easily this cap turns after only one application.   

I don't sell the stuff, nor get any kickbacks.  Just one Connie owner that found an amazingly good fuel resistant lubricant.

Snype

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2018, 06:57:23 PM »
I had googled it before I asked. I found it on skygeek. Started to order it, but shipping cost more than the lubricant did. That is why I asked. I was hoping there might be somewhere to order with more reasonable shipping rates. Guess not.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2018, 07:28:33 PM »
https://www.wagaero.com/maintenance/lubricants/ez-turn-lubricant-5-oz-tube.html

That site won’t tell you what the shipping charges will be. They just have a statement in the checkout process that says the shipping charges will be assessed and charged at the time of shipping along with a $3 handling fee. I don’t like the idea of not knowing if it is going to cost $5 or $100 for shipping before I place my order.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2018, 07:30:17 PM »
https://www.wagaero.com/maintenance/lubricants/ez-turn-lubricant-5-oz-tube.html

They want $12 plus won't disclose shipping AT ALL, even after entering all information!!!  EXCEPT that is it $3 plus whatever UPS costs, so I am guessing it is at least $10 more.  I have never seen a site collect payment information and still not tell you what you are going to pay.  I filled it with fake info and it actually accepted the order, and gave me an order number, still not saying what it will cost.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2018, 07:31:26 PM »
That site won’t tell you what the shipping charges will be. They just have a statement in the checkout process that says the shipping charges will be assessed and charged at the time of shipping along with a $3 handling fee. I don’t like the idea of not knowing if it is going to cost $5 or $100 for shipping before I place my order.

LOL!  I just posted nearly the same thing.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc