Author Topic: OCC  (Read 15630 times)

Bob

Re: OCC
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 09:45:18 AM »
The law suits may be real but have ya thought the show's producers are paying the bill?

Actually when this started two years ago. Jr. was appearing on the show doing stupid  stuff, just to appear. That was because he had to under threat of breech of contract. The law suit was going on when Jr. spent little time on the show. The law suit was going on when their was no show (it was cancelled). And it continues.
 The thing that made this show take off in the first place is that it's a real (you could say dysfunctional) family at it's best and worst. Like I said, yes somethings are always going to be planned out and scripted on any and every show to some extent. But do you really think that everybody would miss their oldest son's first wedding just for ratings on a TV show? Because Sr. was not there!
 You don't have to like the people on the show. You don't have to like or ride the style bikes they design and craft on the show. But to say it isn't real isn't right either.
 But to be totally fair. Some of the show has to be scripted somewhat. They have to know some of the things that will happen before hand. But they have no way of knowing how things will turn out or how they will look after the hours of footage is edited to make an interesting show. But the shows real no holds barred platform is what has always made it interesting for a lot of viewers. I personally haven't liked a lot of the bikes Sr. and his crew have turned out. But I appreciate what it takes to make them. Even if I don't plan on owning or riding one. But if I was, I would definetly go with one of Jr.'s designs. They just appeal to me much better. But I probably would still never spend the money on one of his either!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 10:07:03 AM »
Sorry T,
I won't waste my satilite time on that show. Don't care for the bikes, the people or the concept. And when they burned a Connie for fun, well that sealed the deal.
Garbage, I'd rather watch re-runs of Oprah.Ride safe all.
Greg

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 10:11:54 AM »
Who says the lawsuit hasn't been scripted?
It's part of the show and they are being paid to use it in the show.

Reality TV shows aren't.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 10:14:56 AM »
I just think the digs he (Paul Sr.) throws at his kids are so uncalled for and show what a real DOUCHE BAG he is. example: when they went to Alaska on the crab boat, as soon as he got off he had to say "Junior and Mikey wouldn't have had the balls to do this", give me a break what an AZZCLOWN!  Go tell everyone how great you are Senior ya DICK!

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 10:15:55 AM »
Ah, he was only saying what was in the script. It's called "product placement". Sr was on one show to promote another.

Offline Tom J.

• "Disciples of Displacement" charter member
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 10:26:38 AM »
Script or not, they ARE his biological children aren't they? -or is that 'scripted' too?  Talk sh1t about your own children, 'throwing them under the bus' for what? Just to bolster some ratings... yea, Sr. IS a total douche.
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 10:40:49 AM »
And Jr's participation in the whole thing makes him Sr's equal.

Offline Tom J.

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »
Equal? Yes!  They are both a couple of GREEDY DRAMA QUEENS...they just like to :stirpot:
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 10:48:31 AM »
ED ZACHARY! They are being paid to do this!

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 12:38:25 PM »
You have to admit though that they make some killer machines!! My god have you seen the crap that they put on those bikes? If you wrecked you would get skewered, stabbed, punctured, sliced, diced, cut, smashed, crushed, harpooned, macerated, burned.....etc. My first time watching this show was during the first days of the Iraq War. They had an  American Chopper marathon and I thought "lets watch and see how they build choppers". Shortly into viewing the show all he!! broke out between sr. and jr. and I thought WTH. But initially I was hooked and watched regularly in the early days. But every bike build had the same sequence of events. An idea, some sheet metal work, factory frame, motor and drive train, jr. is late and lazy, deadline, someone else does the painting, chroming, bike comes together and sr. says " I knew Pauly could pull it off". Got boring real fast.
And now it seems a little more interesting again and Pauly's bikes do have the edge if you are into art on 2 wheels with little attention to technology and performance.
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
  • The C14 is vastly overrated.
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
yup, and what really got me was that whatever design element jr wanted on a bike (and sr didn't) that caused a fight in the first place, was always praised by sr at the end.
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline booger

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 05:08:20 PM »
So.... Booger, are you then saying that you only watched Oprah 1st run shows?
Uh huh, that's what I thought!!! ;D

The day you see me watching Oprah is, oh well, not going to happen........

Offline Tom J.

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 06:22:01 PM »
I wouldn't waste my time watching Orka either, although you have to admit, she did build an empire.  I was just yankin your chain a bit  ;)
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 06:31:36 PM »
My god have you seen the crap that they put on those bikes? If you wrecked you would get skewered, stabbed, punctured, sliced, diced, cut, smashed, crushed, harpooned, macerated, burned.....etc

And that's before you hit the pavement.    :o
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Bob

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »
You guys don't really think they ride them more than just a short distance, do you?  ;D

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 06:38:42 PM »
It is more interesting lately to watch.  I liked Sr's oldschool bobber he did in the earlier times.  The Caddilac bike that Jr is building looks like it will be off the hook!

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »
Thanks for the insight into the Teutel feud Capn'Bob, it is cool to hear from a "local" what really happens.

I really like the bike Jr is building except for the exhaust.  I like the idea of using the air ride to rest the bike on the pipes for a "sidestand" but the quad pipes just does not go with the Cadillac theme. The rear fender and tank on the other hand will be very close to mimicking the CTS-V.  I will give it to Jason at OCC for creating a fairly good looking bike though.  The frame was hideous but the tail pipes and grille mesh by the tank look very nice.  At least Jr's will be able to be riden since it has air ride, where the OCC bike will be about as comfortable as a bed of nails.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2011, 08:55:59 PM »
several months ago i did some searching around the net concerning the jr/sr lawsuit and came across a whole lot of interesting sh1t. the steel mill run by dan was being sued for breach of contract and jr/sr were involved in the sense that they raided the equipment from the one plant and moved it to another to avoid paying restitution.

i also came across vinnie's and cody's business venture...found lots of video and stuff about them. haven't really heard much else since.

jason, christian, and that bald-head skank are total f**ks and i wouldn't mind seeing the building crash on them. rick is about the only decent man there.

jr's caddy bike looks like it'll totally rock. i like the 4-tip exhaust, and while the caddy itself doesn't have such a setup, i think its uniqueness enhances the overall design and appearence.

jason's bike looks nothing like a caddy...and as i was watching that episode again, i noticed that the engine + nitrous would put out somewhere in the neighborhood of 200hp...and yet they put a SINGLE disc in front! wow.
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline Ziggie

• Arena
  • C-10, V-Strom, WR 250R, 1200 Multistrada
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2011, 09:34:21 PM »
This about the best ride I've every seen with Paul Jr and the OCC gang handle;

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2011, 09:40:29 PM »
i like my tails a loft softer (and without silicone).