Author Topic: Anyone familiar with Sliders Kevlar Quest 3 Waterproof Pants?  (Read 3210 times)

Offline jjsC6

Title says it all. Right now I ride with dedicated riding pants (First Gear overpants for cooler weather or Olympia mesh pants for hot weather). Wondering how these Sliders compare.

http://www.compacc.com/p/Sliders-Kevlar-Quest-3-Waterproof-Pants
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline Locol

Re: Anyone familiar with Sliders Kevlar Quest 3 Waterproof Pants?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 09:26:03 PM »
Don't know about the sliders, but I have been using the kevlar motoport pants for about 4 yrs. now. Built to last, great protection, and perfect for a wide range of temps.

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 03:18:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I'm going to hold off for now but will still be interested in any feedback.
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 10:46:15 AM »
I have not found any motorcycle gear that says it is waterproof that cost $200 or below to be actually waterproof.  They usually leak in the worst places.  I have the slider all season mesh gear and the latest quest gear.  They are OK and will hopefully protect if I ever go down.  I have been wearing 10 year old gore-tex rain gear, but am looking for Hi-vis raingear and am considering the motorport raingear.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 11:45:20 AM »
First Gear and Olympia are OK for the money, but peek at some KLIM or AEROSTITCH gear, its what they say it is
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 12:18:36 PM »
First Gear and Olympia are OK for the money, but peek at some KLIM or AEROSTITCH gear, its what they say it is

:goodpost:

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 04:15:02 PM »
Aerostich will leak... don't let the price fool you.  I had a one piece RC'er for 3 months.  I was lucky it was recalled due to hi-viz fading.  It leaked in the crotch from day one... not happy... until the recall.  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 05:58:33 AM »

I have been doing a lot of research on this and have decided that you can't have venting and waterproof in the same garment.  It just doesn't work for all day, day after day, riding in the rain.  I was hoping to find something that would handle all of my riding needs without spending $2000.  Doesn't exist.  Then I thought something that would handle the scattered showers situation without getting too hot, and that doesn't exist. 

In the summer heat I wear mesh and am OK with getting rained on if it stays hot.  In the spring and fall I want to stay dry without sweating, so I need something breathable.  In the winter I want to stay warm and dry, so I need something that will also repell the water because a wet outer layer will suck the heat away.

My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 10:31:17 AM »
Aerostich will leak... don't let the price fool you.  I had a one piece RC'er for 3 months.  I was lucky it was recalled due to hi-viz fading.  It leaked in the crotch from day one... not happy... until the recall.  8)

???

What kind of bike were you riding? The crotch area on my Stich barely get's wet at all when riding in the rain on my C14, I've never had any leakage down there (at least not coming in from the outside... ;) ).

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 11:21:50 AM »
C14...  ;D  j/k

I still had my Wing.
Rob

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »
C14...  ;D  j/k

I still had my Wing.

I've never rode a Wing (but would like to someday), is there less front coverage on them to block the rain? When riding my Connie with CB shield up I stay really dry, unless stopped in traffic...  ???

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 11:36:21 AM »
Mucho front coverage... much more than the C14.  The sitting position is different, more upright.  As with everything you buy... my suit could have had a bad seam in it.

I know some that seal theirs as soon as they get them... others never have a problem... some leaked like mine.
Rob

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 02:46:23 PM »

???

What kind of bike were you riding? The crotch area on my Stich barely get's wet at all when riding in the rain on my C14, I've never had any leakage down there (at least not coming in from the outside... ;) ).

Have you been in an all day rain, or a 30 minute downpour?  The only thing that has ever kept me dry is my gore-tex hiking gear.  Frogg Toggs work OK, but water will pass through the seat in an all day rain.  Every piece of supposedly waterproof gear I have worn leaked somewhere. 
The nice thing about motoport is that they supposedly stand behind their product and their claim of waterproofness.  I have read many posts over at ADV about them.  I found a lot of posts about stich gear leaking in various places. 
My Concours Travels:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 07:59:48 AM »
Well remember we are on motorcycles, to stay 100% dry perhaps put the top up on one of these  :D

Fiat 500

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 11:09:08 AM »
Well remember we are on motorcycles, to stay 100% dry perhaps put the top up on one of these  :D

Fiat 500

Sacrilege!  I actually enjoy riding in the rain, but do want to stay dry when it is cool out.  Motoport made my new rain jacket.  Should get it next week.
My Concours Travels: