Author Topic: Secondary Butterflies  (Read 69384 times)

Offline poopster2009

• 2009 Concours
Secondary Butterflies
« on: January 01, 2014, 11:33:18 AM »
I bit the bullet and installed a power commander and removed the secondary flies. Best thing I have done to it. The bike pulls like crazy now from bottom to top. No "soft" lower end. Dam it even shifts better or smoother, because of the mixture I think. Removing the flies was easy. I heated each screw with a 30 watt wood burning pen for about 2 minutes a screw. Put it in contact with screw head and let it heat. I did get the long handle JIS #2 screwdriver and it fit the screws perfect. Just use a steady down turning pressure and they will come right out. When each screw was almost ready to come out I put a telescopic magnet next to the screw and didn't lose one. The plate you will have to use a long finger needle nose pliers  for them to pull them out. At the same time I changed the Anti-freeze. Love this bike. It now performs beautifully.  My first Kaw was a 73 750 smoker. Lucky I am still around. Had all cruisers after that of different brands. Rode my son's suzuki 1000. That is a fast bike all modded up.

Offline poopster2009

• 2009 Concours
Butterflies gone-
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 11:42:53 AM »
I bit the bullet and installed a power commander and removed the secondary flies. Best thing I have done to it. The bike pulls like crazy now from bottom to top. No "soft" lower end. Dam it even shifts better or smoother, because of the mixture I think. Removing the flies was easy. I heated each screw with a 30 watt wood burning pen for about 2 minutes a screw. Put it in contact with screw head and let it heat. I did get the long handle JIS #2 screwdriver and it fit the screws perfect. Just use a steady down turning pressure and they will come right out. When each screw was almost ready to come out I put a telescopic magnet next to the screw and didn't lose one. The plate you will have to use a long finger needle nose pliers  for them to pull them out. At the same time I changed the Anti-freeze. Love this bike. It now performs beautifully.  My first Kaw was a 73 750 smoker. Lucky I am still around. Had all cruisers after that of different brands. Rode my son's suzuki 1000. That is a fast bike all modded up.

Son of Pappy

Re: Secondary Butterflies
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 11:51:24 AM »
It has began!!  Next up is a set of ZX14 Throttle Bodies and a full exhaust from AreaP ;D

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: Flies are gone-What a bike
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 12:14:32 PM »
Reading this is like deja vu all over again.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 12:30:46 PM »
Refreshing isn't it, when someone sees the light? 

poopster (something disturbing about typing that), what map are running?

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 02:16:06 PM »
...What SOP said...

I have been riding  "Silverdammit", the 2008 C14 modded by SOP with ZX14 TBs, Power Commander, and full Area P system the last few weeks.  Winter seems to be delayed on her way to the SoCal mountains, and I have been taking advantage of the warm-ness.  O...M...G...

just sayin.

saxman 
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Butterflies gone-
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 03:27:31 PM »
Not sure why this identical thread has to be posted in two places:
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16147.0
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16142
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 03:29:59 PM »
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding...Hence my comment in the other post.
          :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 03:35:19 PM »
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding...Hence my comment in the other post.
          :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

:)  I just woke up from a nap and your other post flew over my head
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 04:43:09 PM »
Yeah, in all the years this modification has been being done to the C-14, I think there was only one guy who said he did not notice a difference other than fuel consumption. Otherwise, this is the best, easiest bang- for- the- buck performance mod. that I think can be done to a C-14. It does not really change the bike's overall max. performance because at high engine speeds and loads, the 'flies are open anyway but at low and mid- range engine speeds this mod. makes a huge difference, especially when the bike is loaded with a lot of weight.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 04:59:33 PM »
We entertain all types of members here, Gary.  You know that, even the ones that poop...as long as it's discreet of course.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 05:03:02 PM »
I've locked the other thread.  When I get sober, which will be tomorrow, I'll try merge most of it with this one.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 05:06:57 PM »
Is tomorrow a special day? The day after New Year's.... is it the day the English don't drink or something?

:rotflmao:

Brian

I've locked the other thread.  When I get sober, which will be tomorrow, I'll try merge most of it with this one.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 05:10:19 PM »

Yeah, you might want to wait.  On forums I run, I ended up totally hosing everything when I tried to merge two into one.  I think I have the hang of it now, but you will want all your faculties :)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 06:07:49 PM »
Is tomorrow a special day? The day after New Year's.... is it the day the English don't drink or something?

:rotflmao:

Brian

I've resolved to not drink anymore this new year.  I've also resolved to not drink any less.  Today is a holiday so drink I must.  Tomorrow is work.  There's always the evening to drink.  You see, today I've had some Christmas pudding (a little late, I fear), however I've dabbled with some hard sauce and it is quite good.  Methinks I put too much apple brandy in it so I'll calm it down with a bit of wine...

Yeah, you might want to wait.  On forums I run, I ended up totally hosing everything when I tried to merge two into one.  I think I have the hang of it now, but you will want all your faculties :)

You got that right...that's why I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Quite..

Son of Pappy

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 05:30:15 AM »
I quit drinking last year, seriously, around 10ish.

Gonna start again, tonight, around 730ish, gotta wash the flies out ya know!!

Offline poopster2009

• 2009 Concours
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 09:47:22 AM »
Refreshing isn't it, when someone sees the light? 

poopster (something disturbing about typing that), what map are running?

The 004 map from power commander direct site. Muzzy slipon exhaust, stock air cleaner and no flies.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 04:27:21 PM »
I just like your forum name.  ;D
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 06:17:16 PM »
Of course you do..you can't help yourself.