Author Topic: Mirror Stems for Tall Mirrors for Cole Weather Gauntlets  (Read 3898 times)

Offline Kas

Mirror Stems for Tall Mirrors for Cole Weather Gauntlets
« on: November 18, 2013, 06:09:02 PM »
We have developed a Mirror Stem which allows a tall mirror application for Hippo Hands or the likes.  It gives you an unobstructed rear view  over gauntlets or extra baggage for the extended trips.

The Mirror Stems are powder coated billetted aluminum and replaces the clamp side of both handlebar mounted master cylinders.  They use the stock allen head bolts.

The Mirror Stems are sold in pairs for $99.00 delivered (Mirrors Not Included).

Son of Pappy

Re: Mirror Stems for Tall Mirrors for Cole Weather Gauntlets
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 07:44:48 PM »
How did you guys address the Hippo Hands collapsing at speed?  My experience was they would actuate the brake light at legal speeds and at hooligan speeds enough pressure on the clutch lever to cause slippage.

Offline Kas

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 08:17:22 PM »
One PD uses a stiff wire clamped to the bar, formed to keep the Hippo Hand away from the levers. They developed this because they were convinced the Hippo Hands were causing excessive brake wear by riding on the brake lever.  They have found they wear out brakes faster in wet weather. 

Son of Pappy

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:27:58 PM »
I would concur with their findings.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 12:24:51 PM »
Nice.  I DESPISE the mirrors on my 09.  Could you post a photo from the front of the bike?  What mirrors did you use for the photo?  Thanks

Offline Kas

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 03:33:11 PM »
The mirror used in the posted photos is from a 650 Versys.  I think the lines of the mirror fit the Concours.  The most popular is the KLR 650 round mirror.  There are several mirrors that fit the 8mm tapped base.

My 09 is torn down currently.  Its going back together soon and I'll try for some front photos. 

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 03:49:19 PM »
Thanks. Do you have a website?