Author Topic: Seeing the surgeon  (Read 29258 times)

Offline Jettn Jim

• NE PA Some on High Adventure Most!^)-
Re: Seeing the surgeon
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2012, 07:49:10 AM »
Haha haha yup Lightning in the Blood fer sure buddy!  ;) Yup yup and yup to the questions!  I plan to be back out there this summer on the bike and in the fall I may bring out the 4x4 van with boat in tow.  Well stocked with Kind and that deal sounds like a plan!  :thumbs:
Peace ma Brother and you ain't kidd'n about need'n the prayers.... just came back from a 3200mi ride and found m'self pushing those limits again... ::)
BECAUSE ONE HAS SIGHT...DOES NOT MEAN ONE HAS VISION...

Son of Pappy

« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2012, 08:44:53 AM »
Well, back to see him again, I have an appointment this Afternoon to see what the next step is.  Medication will NOT be the answer and I have no desire to repeat surgeries every 6-9 months.  I was recently hired at my dream job, won't start until the 5th of July (Program Manager of Puget Sound Safety Off Road (PSSOR).  Part time gig (100 hours a month) and any training classes I teach.  They are aware of my pending surgery and very supportive.
Wish me luck :)

Offline okxd45

« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2012, 09:31:12 AM »
Well, back to see him again, I have an appointment this Afternoon to see what the next step is.  Medication will NOT be the answer and I have no desire to repeat surgeries every 6-9 months.  I was recently hired at my dream job, won't start until the 5th of July (Program Manager of Puget Sound Safety Off Road (PSSOR).  Part time gig (100 hours a month) and any training classes I teach.  They are aware of my pending surgery and very supportive.

The job sounds perfect for you!  Hoping the doc has got an answer........other than pain meds!

Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Jettn Jim

• NE PA Some on High Adventure Most!^)-
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2012, 11:33:55 AM »
GREAT news Chet.... congrats!  Back out in Idaho again... maybe we can get togther to ride or BS?

Peace,
Jim
BECAUSE ONE HAS SIGHT...DOES NOT MEAN ONE HAS VISION...

Son of Pappy

« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2012, 12:23:16 PM »
GREAT news Chet.... congrats!  Back out in Idaho again... maybe we can get togther to ride or BS?

Peace,
Jim

That is a real good possibility, I'll be at the property for 9 days at the end of the month, I'll have the KLR with me, feel free to drop on in.
The job sounds perfect for you!  Hoping the doc has got an answer........other than pain meds!
Thanks!  I'll post up this eve, I hope it's some good news.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2012, 03:38:46 PM »

That is awesome!  (The job, not the continuing back issues).  Good luck with the Doc and enjoy the new job.  Pick a position that you love and you will never "work" another day in your life. 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2012, 05:30:22 PM »
So, basicly I was told to "Suck it up Buttercup".  Nothing this doc could/would be willing to do.  I'm seeking another surgeon as I will not live a synthetic life.

And Jeremy, I agree completely ;D

Taff

« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2012, 07:10:30 AM »
So, basicly I was told to "Suck it up Buttercup".  Nothing this doc could/would be willing to do.  I'm seeking another surgeon as I will not live a synthetic life.

And Jeremy, I agree completely ;D

Chet, good luck on the back surgeon and congratulatiions on the job. I have a stressful job so like Jeremy says, you wont "work another day in your life".

Offline leyenda30

« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »
SOP, I don't know your situation but have you considered acupuncture as a means to lessen the pain to deal with it? I had muscle spasms in my lower back and three visits did  wonders for me. It's like anything to get a good person doing it, but might be an option for you short term if nothing else.  Good luck. JP
08 Kawasaki Concours
05 Honda VTX
07 Husky SM610 sold

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2012, 02:51:13 PM »
Spinal Decompression?
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Son of Pappy

« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2012, 05:52:14 PM »
I have an inversion table, works wonder, but the pressure on the hips?  I will be trying out an accupuncture treatment, they can get pricey but if it works?  My issues are a herniated disc, degenerative bone loss, and Stenosis.  I'll keep on trucking, just need to pace myself better and avoid prolonged repitition.  Leverage is my friend (and a big backhoe).

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2012, 05:58:19 PM »
Okay so a fistful of ibuprofen.... :rotflmao:

Whatever works.....

Son of Pappy

« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2012, 06:20:44 PM »
Okay so a fistful of ibuprofen.... :rotflmao:

Whatever works.....
AKA "Ranger Candy"!!  Take 2 800mgs before movement and 2 at completion of mission.  I still have a couple of quart jar sized medicine bottles.  Kinda getting a whiteish coating on them, wonder if they are any good?

Offline leyenda30

« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2012, 08:14:42 PM »
Big backhoe is definitely a back saver!  ;D
08 Kawasaki Concours
05 Honda VTX
07 Husky SM610 sold

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #174 on: June 17, 2012, 12:23:58 PM »
AKA "Ranger Candy"!!  Take 2 800mgs before movement and 2 at completion of mission.

Then you should be good, your feet are numb. LOL.