Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853563 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #340 on: December 21, 2014, 04:53:47 PM »
An uneventful day except for one thing.  I hit a deer, a fully grown doe, to be exact. [...]

OMG you are lucky!  I hate hearing stories about deer- they freak me out.  Every time I ride back from Richmond at night on rt 5 I see lots of "eyes" on either side of the road and pray none jump onto the road.  Thank God you are OK.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #341 on: December 21, 2014, 04:55:37 PM »
Thanks.  It happened at 9AM, a time when one doesn't expect to see wildlife on the road.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #342 on: December 21, 2014, 05:05:18 PM »
Good for you, tomp! May all of your future rides be as blessed.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #343 on: December 21, 2014, 06:27:29 PM »
Glad your attack :yikes:by deer turned out as well as it did.
Merry Christmas and best of the season to you and everyone here.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #344 on: December 21, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »
The lucky stars were with you Tom P. I've had 2 deer strikes in Upstate NY where they grow 'em big. Once on my '74 Z-1, and once on my '82 Maxim 1100. Like you say, I was also lucky not to have T-boned them, but they caused considerable damage nonetheless, and enough damage to my psyche that I gave up riding for a year or two. There are way too many deer in Upstate NY.

elp_jc

« Reply #345 on: December 22, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »
Glad to hear that story with a happy ending (at least for you ;D). Deer scare the hell out of me on a bike. I live in the desert, so I only have to deal with deer in mountain trips. When in deer country, I park the bike well before sunset, and don't touch it until the next day well past sunrise. But just like you, I've had TWO deer encounters in the middle of the day (but seldom traveled roads), when I wasn't expecting any. None as scary as the OP's, but enough not to be comfortable on desolated roads. Scary was a bull encounter I had maybe 20' in front of me after a panic stop out of an apex. He was very aggressive, and didn't know what the hell to do. Try to turn my bike around and get charged, or try to get around it with a jack-rabbit start. After some thought, decided walking back with the blinkers on was my best option, and it worked. Second scariest animal encounter was a family of wild pigs (mom in front, dad at rear) while cresting a small hill at about 80. No chance in hell to stop, so aimed between 2 of the 'little' (were still pretty big) ones with great accuracy, probably clearing both by an inch, and all I heard was squealing as I went by, with all pigs scrambling all over the place. I'd have been down in a hurry if I had hit one. And that's it, thankfully :).

sailor_chic

« Reply #346 on: December 22, 2014, 05:30:17 AM »
Wow Tom, that is quite a story. Glad to see that your back here, uninjured. You certainly were being watched after.

I have yet to meet up with my new riding buddy again. Our work schedules are opposite right now. He is due home at the end of the month which is about 5 days before I ship out again. So hopefully we get a ride in.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 06:43:52 AM by sailor_chic »

Offline tomp

« Reply #347 on: December 23, 2014, 04:18:52 PM »
Wow Tom, that is quite a story. Glad to see that your back here, uninjured. You certainly were being watched after.

I have yet to meet up with my new riding buddy again. Our work schedules are opposite right now. He is due home at the end of the month which is a bout 5 days before I ship out again. So hopefully we get a ride in.

Hope you are able to spend some fun time together. 

Wishing all here the Merriest of Christmases.  If you ride this week, watch out for reindeer crossing the road, especially if pulling a sleigh with a fat guy aboard.  Lots of kids waiting for him....   tomp

sailor_chic

« Reply #348 on: December 24, 2014, 06:50:31 AM »
The past two days were busy days in the garage. On Monday I pulled off my handlebars, risers and upper triple tree. I also removed the passenger and driver foot pegs and mounts, rear brake pedal, shifter and had all this stuff powdercoated black. While that was getting done, I made a mounting block for my Fuzeblock which is now mounted under the right side of the upper fairing. This is powering my new Garmin 660 GPS and my new driving lights that are mounted on the front fender.
I was working on my bike for what seemed like forever. But I can stand back and say that I have achieved professional results.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:31:10 AM by sailor_chic »

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #349 on: December 24, 2014, 07:04:25 AM »
Congratulations!  I'm glad to hear you got it all sorted out and are pleases with the results!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #350 on: December 24, 2014, 07:57:43 AM »
The past two days were busy days in the garage. On Monday I pulled off my handlebars, risers and upper triple tree. I also removed the passenger and driver foot pegs and mounts, rear brake pedal, shifter and had all this stuff powdercoated black. While that was getting done, I made a mounting block for my Fuzeblock which is now mounted under the right side of the upper fairing. This is powering my new Garmin 660 GPS and my new driving lights that are mounted on the front fender.
I was working on my bike for what seemed like forever. But I can stand back and say that I have achieved professional results.
Close up pics when completed, please. . .

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #351 on: December 24, 2014, 08:28:26 AM »
Just ordered a center stand and a radiator guard.   :banana
Any day i get to buy stuff for my primary relationship is a good day indeed

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #352 on: December 25, 2014, 11:17:10 PM »
Moved her into my garage at our new (to us) house the other day! Also got the delkevic exhaust installed. Booya! (Garage is very much a work in progress...)
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #353 on: December 26, 2014, 04:49:37 AM »
Checked the tire air pressures in prep for my ride tomorrow to southside VA.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

sailor_chic

« Reply #354 on: December 26, 2014, 07:37:06 AM »
Close up pics when completed, please. . .

Here ya go...

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #355 on: December 26, 2014, 08:27:32 AM »
Moved her into my garage at our new (to us) house the other day! Also got the delkevic exhaust installed. Booya! (Garage is very much a work in progress...)

Did you have to pay extra for the curved floor and ceiling? Looks like a very novel idea. :o

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #356 on: December 26, 2014, 08:39:11 AM »
wide angle lens FTW
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline tomp

« Reply #357 on: December 26, 2014, 08:41:57 AM »

Did you have to pay extra for the curved floor and ceiling? Looks like a very novel idea. :o
I was going to ask the same question earlier today.  Kinda reminds me of the ceiling of some living rooms I've seen... ;D

What size lens?  Around an 18MM or so?

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #358 on: December 26, 2014, 10:07:08 AM »
I was going to ask the same question earlier today.  Kinda reminds me of the ceiling of some living rooms I've seen... ;D

What size lens?  Around an 18MM or so?

Being a retired homebuilder, I would have charged a lot more for that special garage..

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #359 on: December 26, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »
Installed a Baldwin Seat.
Planned to try it out today,,, but it's raining....

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:29:43 PM by connie_rider »