Author Topic: How to attach key fob to key chain?  (Read 757 times)

Offline zhangjx0545

How to attach key fob to key chain?
« on: October 03, 2020, 12:37:19 PM »
Hello everyone
How do you carry the key fob? I like to attach to my key chain, but wondering what do you recommend to connect fob to the keychain ring?
Thanks!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: How to attach key fob to key chain?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 12:43:09 PM »
Hello everyone. How do you carry the key fob?

By putting it, permanently, in a zippered pocket in my riding jacket.  I then made a "normal" metal key that is on my key ring that I carry in my pocket to open the bags and tank.

I like to attach to my key chain, but wondering what do you recommend to connect fob to the keychain ring?

I don't :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 02:25:51 PM »
Hello everyone
How do you carry the key fob? I like to attach to my key chain, but wondering what do you recommend to connect fob to the keychain ring?
Thanks!

In the tank bag unless I'm out of view of the bike in an unknown area.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 06:17:20 PM »
Hello everyone
Thanks!

Having lost my fob when I left it hanging off the back of my top case, I now keep the replacement FOB on a long orange lanyard and it is always kept in my deepest
left hand pocket. Usually it's in a jean pocket under my outer riding pants. This way the fob is with me at all times until I undress. I had spare keys made for the saddle bags and top case, those are also on a long lanyard (red) and I keep those in a riding pants pocket.  I don't recommend putting the FOB on a keyring. However if you want to put it on a key ring I'd use another key ring in between the two with nothing else on the interconnecting ring but the FOB. The larger the interconnecting ring is, the easier it will be to replace the FOB battery without removing the fob from the ring.

Offline jwh20

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 10:46:57 AM »
I just attach a lanyard to it which I loop around a belt loop and then put the FOB into my pocket.  If I neglect to replace it then the lanyard serves as backup.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 05:42:49 AM »
That's what I did.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Online Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 09:00:53 AM »
If you REALLY want to attach it to your key chain then get a phone-charm cord like this.

Like the others I strongly recommend NOT putting the fob on your key chain.
I put mine in a zipped up pocket in my jacket so the jacket becomes my key.
If you ride in the rain a lot, then put the fob inside a sealed ziploc bag and then put it in a zipped pocket.
No jacket, no ride!  ;D

I love it when people watch me walk up to the bike fully dressed (lid on, jacket zipped up, gloves on) get on, start her, and just ride away.
You can see their disappointment when you DON'T have to take your gloves off, fumble around in pockets to find the key, then put gloves back on again like they would have to. :rotflmao:
I love KIPASS!  :popcorn:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK