Author Topic: Oil Tester  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Shoe

Oil Tester
« on: May 20, 2011, 07:37:20 AM »
This is a copy an email message I received from a person I trust so I thought I would pass it on to the forum for comments. I know there are some very knowlwdgeable oil folks on the forum. How about some feedback.

"Hey there CyberBuddies, I receive an eMagazine whose staff scours the world for new stuff, very frequently, cutting edge stuff. A recent issue had an article about “Lubricheck.” This small device is purported to “test” motor oil and give you an indication that the oil is still good or that it should be replaced. What I saw was that a number of LEDs will indicate higher or lower values associated with whatever it is that Lubricheck checks, so, the indication is not just something as simple as GO, or NO GO. The device is somewhere along the path to production and the three guys behind it explain something of its workings at their Web site. Here’s why I’m sending this message: you know the old saying that “misery loves company”, so when I went to the Web site, http://www.lubricheck.com/ and, since it won’t be the last time I throw money away, especially small amounts, I “bit” and sent them some money. I was a bit skeptical about this being on the up and up, but that concern went away when I saw that Amazon is serving as the billing company for “contributions.” At first, I was going to send them the smallest amount they listed, but, when I got to the point of actually committing to sending money, and when I saw that it was through Amazon, I actually went “Back” and changed the amount to a larger one, then I went forward to the Amazon page, entered my password (I buy all kinds of stuff from Amazon) and sent my money, which will be taken from my credit card by Amazon (I’m guessing Amazon Marketplace) soon. I just checked and the charge is not yet at my credit card’s Web site. One thing my “contribution” will get me is one of the first production runs of Lubrichecks, whenever they start. If not, well, I won’t miss the amount I sent."

Eat corn. Drill for oil.

2008 Concours, 2010 Goldwing

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
  • The C14 is vastly overrated.
Re: Oil Tester
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 08:02:54 AM »
yeah.
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 11:55:47 AM »
Your buddy's email got hijacked somehow. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 01:56:53 PM »
Are they located in Nigeria?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline throb

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 04:30:12 PM »
Seems perfectly legit to me... :o
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.

Offline Shoe

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 06:16:30 PM »
Seems perfectly legit to me... :o

Yep. I was hoping more feedback.
Eat corn. Drill for oil.

2008 Concours, 2010 Goldwing