Author Topic: Show us your Canyon Cage  (Read 143482 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Show us your Canyon Cage
« Reply #360 on: December 23, 2012, 01:21:49 PM »
Nice looking green HH!  8)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #361 on: December 23, 2012, 02:09:16 PM »

I was going to say the same thing.  Never seen one in person, but in pix it looks good.

I made the "cut" modification to the vent slots in the fairings, also.  But it is very difficult to get the fairings  on/off without removing the cages.  It is like a 3-dimentional puzzle from hell.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Highett

« Reply #362 on: December 23, 2012, 07:00:46 PM »
maxtog,

I though the same the first time I removed and refitted the cowling with out the cage but after a few times it got easier,

With the cages on the entry angle changes so the old way of fitting them  does not work, you also have to manipulate them a little to get the slot overt he bar of the cage.

Try loosening off the bottom skirt (grey Bit) this will give a little more room down low, sit on something low along side the bike, I used a 20 litre bucket and just slip them in, it's hard to explain but once you have it figured they go in and come out easy.

I will say that the left side is easier than the right side.

Cheers

Offline Conrad

« Reply #363 on: December 24, 2012, 05:37:55 AM »

I love that green! 

Not so much your passanger backrest though...   :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #364 on: December 24, 2012, 06:54:42 AM »
How often are you all having to remove the fairings on the Connie?
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #365 on: December 24, 2012, 07:08:49 AM »
I have been trying to figure out what that is behind the passenger section.  I really like the green. 

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #366 on: December 24, 2012, 10:17:15 AM »
I have been trying to figure out what that is behind the passenger section.  I really like the green.

I thought it was either part of his stunt cage as a place to put his feet when riding wheelies, or where he puts the tow line when pulling skateboarders.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Highett

« Reply #367 on: December 24, 2012, 01:50:25 PM »
I love that green! 

Not so much your passanger backrest though...   :o

Its not a passenger back rest, I ride solo.

Its for my gear sack, and because I do not have much of a work shop and do not have a welder I made it out of angle and bolted it together like Mechano.

Its not flash but it does what I need it to do, Maybe next year I will have something professionally made, at the moment its not in the budget.

Cheers

Offline Conrad

« Reply #368 on: December 25, 2012, 05:49:20 AM »
Its not a passenger back rest, I ride solo.

Its for my gear sack, and because I do not have much of a work shop and do not have a welder I made it out of angle and bolted it together like Mechano.

Its not flash but it does what I need it to do, Maybe next year I will have something professionally made, at the moment its not in the budget.

Cheers

As long as it works for ya. I'm sure that it looks much better with the gear sack covering it.    ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stoneworrior

• 2005 Gixxer 600 2011 Ninja 650R 2012 Connie 14ABS
« Reply #369 on: February 01, 2013, 05:38:41 PM »
Well I can say for a fact the Canyon Cage does its job at 30 mph. I was leaving work today and was taking a turn at around 30 mph and was beginning to accelerate when the ass end came out from under me. The bike went down hard and fast and I instinctively pulled my right leg out before I went down putting my palms up and dragging my knuckle protectors on the asphalt while kicking the bike away from me. The bike did several 360 spins on its side and came to rest with the tires in the gutter. I do not know what the slimy crap was I hit but it smelled really bad and looked and felt like slime. It was covering most of the road way and I when I saw the goo I was already scraping my toe in the turn while I was rolling on the throttle so it was too late to do anything but ride on through. My protective gear had my body covered and all I suffered was a nice sized goose egg on the side of my shin. The Connie doesn't have a scratch on her and I am amazed the mirror came out unscathed! Ryan thanks for the cage and thank everyone involved in the making of it. I would hate to see my repair bill if I hadn't bought them. They have without a doubt just paid for themselves!

Again thank you!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #370 on: February 01, 2013, 06:06:43 PM »
Stuff happens fast, doesn't it? Glad you're ok.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #371 on: February 01, 2013, 06:52:45 PM »
Well I can say for a fact the Canyon Cage does its job at 30 mph. I was leaving work today and was taking a turn at around 30 mph and was beginning to accelerate when the ass end came out from under me. The bike went down hard and fast and I instinctively pulled my right leg out before I went down putting my palms up and dragging my knuckle protectors on the asphalt while kicking the bike away from me. The bike did several 360 spins on its side and came to rest with the tires in the gutter. I do not know what the slimy crap was I hit but it smelled really bad and looked and felt like slime. It was covering most of the road way and I when I saw the goo I was already scraping my toe in the turn while I was rolling on the throttle so it was too late to do anything but ride on through. My protective gear had my body covered and all I suffered was a nice sized goose egg on the side of my shin. The Connie doesn't have a scratch on her and I am amazed the mirror came out unscathed! Ryan thanks for the cage and thank everyone involved in the making of it. I would hate to see my repair bill if I hadn't bought them. They have without a doubt just paid for themselves!

Again thank you!

Man that is awesome! I don't mean the accident of course but surviving it with minimal damage to you or the bike.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #372 on: February 01, 2013, 07:09:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about you going down SW.  :'(
Glad you're alright bro and that the cages did their thing!  :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Do you think it was that massive potato launcher that pulled her down?  :o :-\ ;) ;D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #373 on: February 01, 2013, 08:55:48 PM »
I do not know what the slimy crap was I hit but it smelled really bad and looked and felt like slime.

Antifreeze?
.... They have without a doubt just paid for themselves!

That is great that you and the bike are both OK!  You get to join the SBTCCC like me!  (Saved By The Canon Cages Club)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #374 on: February 01, 2013, 08:57:10 PM »

Do you think it was that massive potato launcher that pulled her down?  :o :-\ ;) ;D

That line is getting old now, ZG.  You are just in awe of the greatness of the stock muffler, that's all.  Size envy....

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #375 on: February 01, 2013, 09:08:59 PM »
That line is getting old now, ZG.  You are just in awe of the greatness of the stock muffler, that's all.  Size envy....

:rotflmao: :chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #376 on: February 02, 2013, 06:21:52 AM »

Again thank you!

Good news!!!!     :thumbs:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #377 on: February 02, 2013, 06:24:08 AM »

:rotflmao:

Nope, that line isn't old yet. Or rather, it's only old to the folks who still have a potato launcher.   ;)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #378 on: February 02, 2013, 09:13:43 AM »
Sorry to hear about your wreck, but glad to hear the cages are good for low speed wrecks.

And Max, that line will never get old.  ;D

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #379 on: February 02, 2013, 10:54:46 AM »
Quote from: Conrad linkGood news!!!!     :thumbs:
[/quote

The Connie doesn't have a scratch on her and I am amazed the mirror came out unscathed.

It seems to me a fall from a standing, however your wallet thank you.
Centauro ancora a  60 anni,..che non finisca mai!!!