Author Topic: please read..act fast...Otp...OtP...Otp...PLEASE...  (Read 3120 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
please read..act fast...Otp...OtP...Otp...PLEASE...
« on: February 17, 2019, 06:33:55 PM »
ok, I was asked to be fair, so this is the dealeo...

http://forum.cog-online.org/rallies-rides-and-events/otp-voting-has-opened/

PLEASE assist this program.. we are NOW all volunteer driven on it...finally, once again.
all help will greatly be appreciated by whomever wins...

I've been here since '02 iirc, wayyy  back.. some folks alienated, and refused to be part of this site, others simply never wanted to be a part..

As a COG member, I could never "divide" my allegiance to either place...
because it all started Here...

so that said, and if they (nominee's) don't come here, or add to your Concours experience, sift thru, and assist with that in mind.

Thanks in advance,
It's all about the program.

Rich
aka MOB.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline sport rider

Re: please read..act fast...Otp...OtP...Otp...PLEASE...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 11:44:43 AM »
Two votes for ya Rich!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 06:29:17 PM »
last call... I really had hoped for more support here, from people I have known for a 15 years or more...  (Rick... wassup? no support?.backing? nothing????.. I voted for you...it's no longer a COG thing... it's now back in people hands...)

votes end sunday, Mar 3rd, at midnight... Please vote for me, and at least support the program...

man, this isn't the response I expected, from the forum that once WAS the voice, and the communication means, utilized for this program..

I'll let you all return to the arena.

thank you if you voted, and thank you again if you donated, no matter who gets the vote.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 11:13:39 PM »
last call... I really had hoped for more support here, from people I have known for a 15 years or more...  (Rick... wassup? no support?.backing? nothing????.. I voted for you...it's no longer a COG thing... it's now back in people hands...)

That's debatable, the "in the peoples hands" part. Perhaps things have changed... Last time I checked, any Covenant of the Goddess (COG) member in good standing (read: paid up) could vote. Any non Covenant of the Goddess member had to attach some bux to their vote in order for it to be tallied (assuming it was tallied). No matter how much that person supported OTP, or how much that person supported the C-10/14.

As to your support for my OTP trip, I thank you dearly. You should also know that even though I don't mention it (much), I've supported the OTP effort 100% since year two? More than one time I've shovelled personal funds to a winner (or backup), avoiding the Covenant of the Goddess bureaucratic BS paperwork. A bike (twice), food/lodging/routing/guide, and anybody that visits leaves with a wad of cash.

Should you win, send me your address. Should you be the runner up, and the Covenant is sending a runner up, send me your address. Should you crap out, but have the means and contacts to go OTP, send me your address. Dona said she wants you out of the house (or something like that ;) )

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 12:54:08 PM »
Thank you again for your support... I knew you were still a kind and caring person with regards to the "program"...
And, I will honestly say that when the program "changed", it was due to a lack of funding, and also votes, on "both shores"... which led to dangerously close consideration of ending the program... the whole "donate to vote" thing (which from it's beginning) I was never a fan of, and did say this to the organizers; but the mindset was made in order to utilize funds, which were not coming in, to keep it running... Back when you were elected, the forums (yours and GCE) were made up of people that would donate $$$ freely, and do so based on "friendly nature" .  but now all the forums (with the exception of GCE) are made up of people that are 90% guests, wanting only to get free help to fix a bike, and "poof", they are gone in a heartbeat...  Times change, people do also, and the price of a trip like that doubled.. even if sending only one person...(which it has now come back to), making it almost impossible for someone with little or no money to be bestowed with the honor of "a trip of a lifetime".

Thanks again for your support, and voting ends at midnight tonight.

Offline sport rider

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 03:47:48 PM »
I know they would not divulge the voting for any of the nominees, but have they said anything about overall volume?  if we could even hit 10% of membership voting, that would be a good sign.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 05:51:01 PM »
a couple day ago, a "figure" was tossed out as 114 votes made, but I'm sure it is changing in the final hours...people HAVE dropped out from the running... and now there is only 4 still hanging in... I'm hoping to see a total count of 200 by the end, with the GCE guys included...we won't know a "total" until tomorrow, and even after that, individual "totals" will never be revealed,(nor should it); just who wins, and who is runner up.. all in all, I think it's as good as it can get today, considering the limited amount of members that actually "USE" and visit the sites on a regular basis....

till time left to vote for me...  :rotflmao: :thumbs: :thumbs: :grouphug: :banana :hail: :hail: :hail:

it doesn't close till midnight on the "west coast"...

Thank goodness I never had a habit of biting my nails.. :'(

peace, and ride safe.. and I thank any and all of you who did donate (and can continue to donate) and made a vote... especially for the votes, no matter who they were for...(choke)...

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 12:40:19 AM »
... I knew you were still a kind and caring person with regards to the "program"...

Who are you, and what have you done with Rich?

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Justcliff

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 10:01:03 AM »
and we won't know a "total" until tomorrow, and even after that, individual "totals" will never be revealed,(nor should it); just who wins, and who is runner up.

I see no reason not to put the totals out, at least you knew where you stood. If I only got 3 or 103 votes I have no problem with that being posted.
Cliff

2008 C14, 250,000 miles & counting!  2014 V-Strom 1000
IBA#66047

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 11:03:11 AM »
New team is in charge, not me. They may announce total number of votes..
But, "OtP" has never announced the number of votes for each Candidate.

By the way, enjoy the waiting... <evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 02:04:32 PM »
still waiting....

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 04:51:15 PM »
"as always";
AFTER VOTING ENDS, final votes are counted {including votes from Eu}.
Candidate's and "OtP" Team/Eu must be contacted and reply back prior to official announcement to the COGdom.

Ride safe, Ted

PS:
As the candidates seem just a bit anxious to hear the results, follow instruction's poorly, and can't read,,,,
     I thought I would brighten their day & post the schedule....
                            :rotflmao:  <evil grin>  :rotflmao:

2019        OTP XVII     Schedule
1-Jan             Announce start - "OtP" Facebook
5-Jan             Announce start - COG Forum
6-Jan             Present time table
12-Jan           Start donations and pledges
15-Jan           Open Nominations
1-Feb             Close Nominations
4-Feb             Contact Nominees
8-Feb             Nominees finalized
9-Feb             Announce Nominees
10-Feb           Voting Starts
3-Mar             Voting ends
3-5 Mar          Votes counted
5-Mar             Winner selected
6-Mar..10/12-Mar Winner & Runner up contacted & replies received
10/12-Mar       Winner & Runner up presented
14-Mar           Begin detailed travel arrangements
29-Mar           Complete initial travel arrangements (having an idea)
1-Apr              Ticket purchased

NOTE: The process can be a bit quicker if all the final votes come in, and the candidates are notified and reply quickly.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 08:05:58 AM by connie_rider »

Offline sport rider

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 07:22:05 AM »
after all, they gotta make sure there's no hanging chads.  :D

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 06:53:43 PM »
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=23915.msg299657#msg299657

I admit I DID campaign on every website available to me.. and don't feel bad about any of it.. whatsoever.

I've always been loyal to both COG, and Rick's ZG/GTR site, (which was the voice of COG; before the big split), and will continue as a member of both (COG, and this forum)  that wants to contribute, and further the owner experience, and knowledge; both on C10 and C14 owners, until I cannot physically do it.

a lot of people dropped out.. of both places.. many new people arrive. It's an open book.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 02:25:47 PM by MAN OF BLUES »