Author Topic: Stupid is as stupid does  (Read 33620 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2018, 07:17:36 AM »
More of the same...

Tennessee teen allegedly shot in head during internet challenge, officials say

A new internet fad is reportedly responsible for a shooting in Tennessee that critically injured a teen and led to an arrest.

Sherman Lackland, 21, was at E’s 24 Hour Cafe in Memphis on Thursday morning when he and two others were playing the “No Lackin Challenge,” according to Fox 19, citing a police affidavit.

The game, according to the document, is when “people get into fake arguments” and draw their guns at one another.

But Thursday’s incident ran afoul when Lackland allegedly fired his handgun by accident, shooting his 17-year-old friend in the right side of his head, according to the affidavit. Police said the teen was brought to the hospital in critical condition and was eventually “downgraded to extremely critical.”

Lackland reportedly did not have a carry permit for the weapon.

A witness on the scene recalled hearing the gun go off and said Lackland was emotional, Fox 19 reported.

"A real loud bang, then I see the guy across from him fall in the floor,” Thomas Fitzpatrick, who was at the restaurant at the time, said. "He started grabbing him and telling him to get up and then he was kind of mad and was swinging stools and stuff.”

Lackland was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and unlawful possession of a weapon, police said.

Challenge-type games have long been fueled by internet exposure. One of the most recent and more highly publicized has been the Tide pod challenge. Videos on social media are showing kids biting into brightly colored liquid laundry detergent packets. Or cooking them, ingesting them and spitting up soap.

According to The Washington Post, last year U.S. poison control centers received reports of more than 10,500 children younger than 5 who were exposed to the capsules. The same year, nearly 220 teens were reportedly exposed, and about 25 percent of those cases were intentional, the paper said, citing data from the American Association of Poison Control Centers.

The Post's article, published earlier this month, said that there have been close to 40 reported cases among teenagers so far in 2018 — half of them intentional.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2018, 07:37:28 AM »
According to The Washington Post, last year U.S. poison control centers received reports of more than 10,500 children younger than 5 who were exposed to the capsules. The same year, nearly 220 teens were reportedly exposed, and about 25 percent of those cases were intentional, the paper said, citing data from the American Association of Poison Control Centers.

Exposed?  You are are exposed to disease, radiation, etc. These knuckleheads are making a choice.

The morons pulling guns in public are going to get bystanders killed. Their parents need beat about the head and shoulders with a 2x4.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2018, 07:57:06 AM »
I find the whole Tide capsule thing interesting. I wonder if swallowing one of those with, say, a pair of socks would result in clean socks? Might be a great way to 'rinse out a few things' when traveling and such. It could even be a little public service; out to dinner with friends and someone spills something on his tie? No problem- I can 'freshen' that right up for you.....

Brian (it really is a new world, not so much brave as..... well, I do not know what it is)

Exposed?  You are are exposed to disease, radiation, etc. These knuckleheads are making a choice.

The morons pulling guns in public are going to get bystanders killed. Their parents need beat about the head and shoulders with a 2x4.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2018, 08:52:04 AM »
This is what happens when phone booths are removed from the young peoples habitat. They adapt to new things on their own.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/30270/cramming-people-thing-photo-history A perfectly good outlet for rambunctiousness is removed from their landscape, and without adult guidance to safer stupid stuff, they are allowed to come up with stupid stuff on their own. A perfect recipe for detergent eating, fake gun play, extended childhood, etc. If only more parents or teachers would tell their kids not to eat live goldfish then we wouldn't be in this mess when they decide to rebel.  ::)
 This is not helping: https://youtu.be/lSnF-bLVLnw

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2018, 06:42:16 AM »
This is what happens when phone booths are removed from the young peoples habitat. They adapt to new things on their own.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/30270/cramming-people-thing-photo-history A perfectly good outlet for rambunctiousness is removed from their landscape, and without adult guidance to safer stupid stuff, they are allowed to come up with stupid stuff on their own. A perfect recipe for detergent eating, fake gun play, extended childhood, etc. If only more parents or teachers would tell their kids not to eat live goldfish then we wouldn't be in this mess when they decide to rebel.  ::)
 This is not helping: https://youtu.be/lSnF-bLVLnw

Finding a phone booth is hard, stuffing 17 or 18 Russians into a car, not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zItJedEZB8M

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline tonedeaf1

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2018, 08:21:26 PM »
Now here is STUPIDDDDDD. (The extra  stupiddddd is because it is promoted by a completely bogus pseudo-religious group and the victims are children.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/autism-bleach-california-us-genesis-ii-church-mms-scientology-a7409186.html

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2018, 04:56:31 AM »
Now here is STUPIDDDDDD. (The extra  stupiddddd is because it is promoted by a completely bogus pseudo-religious group and the victims are children.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/autism-bleach-california-us-genesis-ii-church-mms-scientology-a7409186.html

Wow! You're right, that IS stupid!

Lord save us from the stupid people.  :nuts:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2018, 05:18:08 AM »
Wow! You're right, that IS stupid!

Lord save us from the stupid people.  :nuts:

They could drink more bleach.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2018, 05:46:21 AM »
More news about the stupidity of the current crop of social media idiots.

There you go, fry those Tide pods up in a pan and get em nice a melty before you eat em.

Mom and dad will wonder where all of their (relatively) expensive pods have gone. You know that these teens aren't buying those pods themselves.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/01/26/teens-eating-more-tide-pods-than-ever-despite-efforts-to-stop-trend.html

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2018, 05:57:12 AM »
If they develop autism from eating detergent pods they can clean them up with a bleach chaser.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2018, 08:23:11 AM »
If they develop autism from eating detergent pods they can clean them up with a bleach chaser.

Which end should the bleach go in?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2018, 09:03:52 AM »

Preferably the bleach should be applied by time machine to the womb at the time of conception.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2018, 08:51:55 AM »
Man steals car, then calls owner for help starting it, police say

A Minnesota man has been arrested after allegedly stealing a car from a Walmart parking lot, then calling the owner less than two hours later for help starting the vehicle.

Edward Leroy Wilson, 37, is suspected of sneaking into the car after its owner turned it on remotely from within the Sartell, Minn., store, the St. Cloud Times reported.

The woman who owns the vehicle apparently wanted to warm it up Monday night in frigid evening temperatures, but by the time she went to the parking lot, the car was gone.
Police say Wilson had driven the vehicle more than an hour away, but ran into trouble restarting the car after he had parked it.

About 10:30 p.m. -- less than two hours after surveillance images showed the car leaving the lot --  the owner received a call from a woman who told her that a man was asking questions about the vehicle, the St. Cloud Times reported.

Wilson, who gave a fake name, then spoke to the owner directly, and asked if she could find someone to start the car for him, police said.

Officers responding to a suspicious person call identified Wilson and the stolen vehicle during Wilson's conversation with the owner, according to local reports, and took Wilson into custody.
He reportedly admitted to the crime and told officers "he knew it was not a good idea to get the vehicle," according to a criminal complaint filed against him.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2018, 09:08:29 AM »
Pretty crazy!

Must be some improperly installed after-market remote starter.  Properly designed/installed ones will kill the engine the moment the car is moved if the key is not present.

She probably didn't lock the doors either  ::)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2018, 12:30:25 PM »
Into the gene pool, just like it goes into a swimming pool.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2018, 04:58:55 PM »
It won’t be long until we read about someone dying or nearly dying from snorting a rubber.   :loco:
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2018, 05:36:57 PM »
Stupidity knows no bounds....http://www.kfvs12.com/story/37857192/condom-snorting-challenge-is-the-latest-dangerous-trend-to-go-viral-on-the-internet

"The internet has seen the "Tide Pod challenge" and the "cinnamon challenge," but the most recent online challenge [condom snorting] is dangerous [...]"

Hello?  As if eating washing machine detergent is somehow not dangerous in comparison??

What is with these stupid people???  Part of me wishes they would all take the "arsenic challenge" and then maybe it will all end?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2018, 06:21:26 PM »
It won’t be long until we read about someone dying or nearly dying from snorting a rubber.   :loco:
It’s called natural selection.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2018, 06:47:43 PM »
It’s called natural selection.
I like Max’ idea.  We’ll call it:

The 2019 Darwin Award Academy presents:

The Arsenic Challenge!!!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.