Author Topic: Adventure Tour?  (Read 7044 times)

Offline tomp

Re: Adventure Tour?
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 06:01:50 AM »
Looks to be ready for anything ;)

I stopped by a dealer today and saw a new Vstrom 1000 being uncrated. Nice bike, and it had the khaki color paint and tutone seat which was interesting.

Also did a bit more looking at the Explorer and Stelvio recently.

With new tires and revised suspension settings, the connie has been feeling pretty good though. Kind of hard to think of moving on when I'd have to go some distance from here for any decent off-roading.
That would make any adventure bike primarily a road bike for me.

Had a DL1000.  Great road bike.  Handled dirt and gravel roads worse than a Streetglide I had at the same time.  I traded a KLR5650 for my Connie, because like you, I had to ride 100 miles one way, to get to any decent off road areas.  Miss the KLR, but love the C14.
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 08:39:09 PM »
Had a DL1000.  Great road bike.  Handled dirt and gravel roads worse than a Streetglide I had at the same time.  I traded a KLR5650 for my Connie, because like you, I had to ride 100 miles one way, to get to any decent off road areas.  Miss the KLR, but love the C14.

Interesting, and quite a ludicrous statement.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline tomp

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2014, 10:01:59 PM »

Interesting, and quite a ludicrous statement.

Pokey, been riding/racing off road almost a half century.  Guess my mind must be going, and can't remember much anymore.  Thanks for reminding me that I don't correctly remember the difference between the DL and SG.  I feel much better now.  Everyone, please ignore my post, as Pokey disagrees with it.  Have a great weekend, sir, and ride safely, on or off road.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...