Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 672958 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #1440 on: April 28, 2014, 07:12:27 PM »

Yep, yer missing out Chet, supposed to be great weather here in the PNW all week, Wednesday n Thursday are looking to be in the mid-80's!  :o   8)

Safe travels bro!  :chugbeer:
Well, some 6,000 miles in the last 30 days I feel safe in saying I am getting some seat time in.  On road, off road, off road racing, and training.  I can hardly wait for "Riding" season to get here :P  I am riding a 2014 Ultra this week so the pace is a bit differant :-[

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #1441 on: April 28, 2014, 07:49:58 PM »
I am riding a 2014 Ultra this week so the pace is a bit differant :-[

:o

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1442 on: April 29, 2014, 01:54:29 PM »
Got six cords of wood (easy boys!) delivered today. Next year's heat is taken care of and there should be at least one, and hopefully two or more, cord left over to season for more than a year.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #1443 on: April 29, 2014, 03:14:59 PM »

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1444 on: April 29, 2014, 03:38:42 PM »
Outstanding!!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1445 on: May 03, 2014, 06:01:58 AM »
My brother traded his Allison bass boat for a 2010 FJR w/6,000 miles on it.  :)

Sweet! Now I'll finally have someone to ride with.  :thumbs:

He hasn't owned a bike since he had some woman make a left turn in front of him and he ended up in a coma for two weeks. That must have been 20 years or more ago. He wasn't wearing a helmet at the time. He says that he'll never ride without one now.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1446 on: May 03, 2014, 06:04:05 AM »
Sigh....and why not a C14?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1447 on: May 03, 2014, 06:06:43 AM »
Sigh....and why not a C14?

He wanted a C14 but he couldn't find anyone who wanted to trade for his boat. He was a bit bummed that I have the faster bike.   :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1448 on: May 03, 2014, 07:25:48 AM »
Good...and well he should be.  What color is his bike?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1449 on: May 03, 2014, 07:53:58 AM »
Was it floating or on the bottom of the lake or river? I mean hey, if you are trying to trade a boat that won't float, you don't think you're going to do better than an FJR, do you?

Good luck to your brother on the new ride and the very best of luck with it- they really are nice bikes of course.

<duckin', grinnin' and runnin'>

Brian

He wanted a C14 but he couldn't find anyone who wanted to trade for his boat. He was a bit bummed that I have the faster bike.   :)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1450 on: May 04, 2014, 05:51:36 AM »
Good...and well he should be.  What color is his bike?

:)

[smg id=632]

Was it floating or on the bottom of the lake or river? I mean hey, if you are trying to trade a boat that won't float, you don't think you're going to do better than an FJR, do you?

Good luck to your brother on the new ride and the very best of luck with it- they really are nice bikes of course.

<duckin', grinnin' and runnin'>

Brian

Thanks Brian! His boat still floated just fine, and looked great, It was his souped-up motor that belonged at the bottom of the river. When it ran, it RAN. I was in it a few years ago, just the two of us, when he reached 125mph (via GPS). That boat sits VERY low in the water and 125 felt crazy fast in that thing! He was spending way too much money keeping that motor running.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1451 on: May 04, 2014, 07:06:56 AM »
Well, at least it is one of the faster colors.  Not as fast as our 08s, of course, but still fast.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1452 on: May 04, 2014, 07:17:53 AM »
Well, at least it is one of the faster colors.  Not as fast as our 08s, of course, but still fast.

:thumbs:

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1453 on: May 04, 2014, 11:16:54 AM »
My idiot brother-in-law the cop talks with a Midwestern accent.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1454 on: May 05, 2014, 05:00:40 AM »
I have jury duty today.  :(

On the plus side, the county courthouse is 45 mins away, it's a VERY scenic ride, and it's going to be 65 and sunny today.  :)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1455 on: May 05, 2014, 07:42:40 AM »

Wow, Allison boats are total bad-*ss too
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1456 on: May 06, 2014, 04:35:57 AM »
Wow, Allison boats are total bad-*ss too

His Allison was some kind of limited/special addition too. He had a heck of a time locating that boat when he first bought it.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1457 on: May 06, 2014, 04:44:28 AM »
I have jury duty today.  :(

On the plus side, the county courthouse is 45 mins away, it's a VERY scenic ride, and it's going to be 65 and sunny today.  :)

I took the long way to the courthouse yesterday, took me an hour. After sitting in the 'jury room' for an hour and a half (with 49 other prospective jurors) the judge came in and told us to go home because the defendant pleaded guilty 'on the courthouse steps' as the judge put it.

Took me three hours to get home.    :)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1458 on: May 06, 2014, 06:37:10 AM »
I went to jury duty once but could not ride my bike :-(  Still, it was quite interesting- there were originally 4 cases coming to trial and a gigantic jury pool. Half of the pool was dismissed the first morning but I got to stay. As the cases were all being settled by plea bargain, the people needed for jurors kept going down but I kept missing the 'go home' selections (name on wrong end of alphabet, standing on wrong side of room, etc.). Actually went back the next day, went through the entire instruction process and was sworn in WHEN SUDDENLY, the last case also reached a plea bargain. It was an interesting experience though and hey, 'cause I got sworn in, I got jury pay for two whole days....  I think it was something like $15 / day, or in C-14 terms, 4% of 1/2 of a cheap farkle.

Brian

I took the long way to the courthouse yesterday, took me an hour. After sitting in the 'jury room' for an hour and a half (with 49 other prospective jurors) the judge came in and told us to go home because the defendant pleaded guilty 'on the courthouse steps' as the judge put it.

Took me three hours to get home.    :)

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1459 on: May 06, 2014, 08:59:45 AM »
I was not only selected to be on the Jury, I was selected as Jury Forman. On the first day the case was dismissed because the prosecuting attorney screwed up, but they didn't tell us how.
This was 8-10 years ago. I also went in 2012, and I have another at the end of this month. I sort of hope to make it through one of them someday, but probably not this one.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"