Author Topic: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package  (Read 127922 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package
« Reply #400 on: February 09, 2015, 04:40:24 AM »
Must be something about this time of year.  I just traded in the 2014 Blue TDI in on a 2015 Black TDI. They have an extra 10 hp this year at lower rpm. Not much more in changes. Just new car smell. I was going to get the brownish red color to match the new 2012 Concours I just got, but they went to a brighter red.

What model did you get and how much did they give you on your trade, if you don't mind me asking?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #401 on: February 09, 2015, 07:03:57 AM »
I have been buying the base model Passat tdi se 6 speed. Right now they are offering $4000 off sticker price. $24,200. I could've gotten one for $23,880, but they didn't have the right color in that package. So I got the splash guards, wheel locks, cargo organizer, and first aid kit for the extra $300. He got my trade to  $20,800. 0.9 % for 5 years again.
The new cars only have one scheduled service included. The last 2 offered two. I picture the tires needing replacement at about 30,000 miles and have yet to get up that far to know for certain. I also haven't bothered trying out the Auto transmission because of the higher cost for 40,000 mile service. I just haven't been that high on the clock yet. I have seen these used with 130,000-150,000 miles and they are still pricing them over $10,000.
I wish they offered the Fender sound system on the base models. It is the only option that I would really like to have added on.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #402 on: February 09, 2015, 08:34:01 AM »
I have been buying the base model Passat tdi se 6 speed. Right now they are offering $4000 off sticker price. $24,200. I could've gotten one for $23,880, but they didn't have the right color in that package. So I got the splash guards, wheel locks, cargo organizer, and first aid kit for the extra $300. He got my trade to  $20,800. 0.9 % for 5 years again.
The new cars only have one scheduled service included. The last 2 offered two. I picture the tires needing replacement at about 30,000 miles and have yet to get up that far to know for certain. I also haven't bothered trying out the Auto transmission because of the higher cost for 40,000 mile service. I just haven't been that high on the clock yet. I have seen these used with 130,000-150,000 miles and they are still pricing them over $10,000.
I wish they offered the Fender sound system on the base models. It is the only option that I would really like to have added on.

Sounds like you got a good deal! I've had the dealership where I bought my Jetta contact me twice, telling me how badly they need my used car and would I please trade it in on a new car.

I also got the splash guards, wheel locks, cargo organizer, and first aid kit with my Jetta. I just spent $15 buying the lug nut kit to do away with the wheel locks. Those things are a pain in the butt! When was the last time you've heard of someone ripping off the wheels from a VW? If you misplace the 'key' to those locks you will be in a serious bind!

http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4411

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #403 on: February 09, 2015, 08:38:34 AM »
That's a gimmick, they were telling me that on my 05 Prius, and it had nearly 300k miles on it..  Yeah, right.  You need that car badly.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #404 on: February 09, 2015, 12:56:48 PM »

Good idea on the lug nuts. I do have the regular ones. I might do that at some point. The low mileage tdis are wanted, because no one trades them besides me.

Sounds like you got a good deal! I've had the dealership where I bought my Jetta contact me twice, telling me how badly they need my used car and would I please trade it in on a new car.

I also got the splash guards, wheel locks, cargo organizer, and first aid kit with my Jetta. I just spent $15 buying the lug nut kit to do away with the wheel locks. Those things are a pain in the butt! When was the last time you've heard of someone ripping off the wheels from a VW? If you misplace the 'key' to those locks you will be in a serious bind!

http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4411
Joel from Maine.

Offline Conrad

TDI Goodwill Program
« Reply #405 on: November 08, 2015, 08:11:05 AM »
Dieselgate

VW ‘TDI Goodwill Program’ Will Pay Owners $1,000

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/11/exclusive-volkswagen-to-announce-tdi-goodwill-program-next-week/

Volkswagen of America, in a bid to regain the trust of current diesel owners, will announce a prepaid card campaign on November 9, TTAC has learned.

The program, detailed to dealers Thursday in preparation of its public announcement, is aimed at current owners of affected TDI models regardless of whether they bought their car new or used.

Two prepaid cards will be offered to those TDI owners. The first one will be for $500 and has no restrictions on where it can be used. The second, which may be valued between $500 and $750, will be limited to use at Volkswagen dealerships.

According to our tipster, owners of affected models will need to visit their local Volkswagen dealership with proof of vehicle ownership to activate the prepaid cards.

Owners can find out if they qualify for the “TDI Goodwill Program” by going to www.vwdieselinfo.com and doing a VIN lookup on or after November 9. If they qualify, owners will then be asked to register to receive updates regarding future developments on their diesel vehicles.

The program is expected to apply only to four-cylinder diesels for now, though it could be expanded to 3-liter V-6 diesels later.

Representatives for Volkswagen of America could not be reached for comment.

The additional cash could be a plus for those looking to stay with the brand but get away from their diesel cars. Volkswagen announced October 31 that they would subsidize dealers to take in TDI vehicles on trade at pre-crisis valuations, on top of a $2,000 TDI owner loyalty discount announced October 2.

::)

Offline Blown32

« Reply #406 on: November 08, 2015, 01:20:36 PM »
Interesting,

Given all the pending litigation (class action types), I wonder if part of accepting the cards is agreeing not to be part of the various actions?  If so, it's likely deep in the fine print.  I'm generally not a fan of class action lawsuits as they tend to be a money grab for the law firm and do little for the actual consumer.  I've already received and ignored letters from three law firms.  May be interesting to see what falls out from all this but more often than not, lawyers will get richer and the EPA will collect huge fines.     
Current 2 wheel rides:
2014 Councours 14, 2003 ZRX1200r, 2001 ZRX1200r, 1994 KLR 650, 1985 Eliminator 900 (will sell in the spring)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #407 on: November 09, 2015, 06:17:32 PM »
It looks as if the rumors are true,

"Owners can find out if they qualify for the “TDI Goodwill Program” by going to www.vwdieselinfo.com and doing a VIN lookup on or after November 9. If they qualify, owners will then be asked to register to receive updates regarding future developments on their diesel vehicles."

VW says no strings attached.

$500 gift card
$500 VW cash
3 years 24/7 roadside assistance

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #408 on: November 09, 2015, 06:32:34 PM »
Are they having a buyback program?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #409 on: November 10, 2015, 04:43:51 AM »
Are they having a buyback program?

No one knows what's going to happen yet G. VW is still working on this. Some of our politicians are calling for a buyback where VW pays us what we paid for the cars. I'd go along with that! Drive the car for 4 years and get all my money back.  :)

Here's a copy of my Goodwill Package confirmation letter.

Thank you for requesting the Goodwill Package and signing up to receive communications regarding the 2.0L TDI emissions issue.

Your registration code is xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Volkswagen is committed to finding a remedy as soon as possible. We would like to emphasize that the EPA has noted that vehicles affected by this issue are legal and safe to drive, and we are working to develop a remedy that will meet the expectations of the government agencies.

Within 4 weeks you should receive your Goodwill Package materials. You will need these, along with additional verification items, in order to activate the Goodwill Package at participating Volkswagen dealerships. You must remain the owner of the vehicle at the time of activation in order to receive the benefits of the Goodwill Package.

For immediate inquiries please contact VW Owner Customer CARE:

1-800-822-8987
8am - 7pm LOCAL
Monday - Friday
http://www.vw.com/contact

Thank you,

Volkswagen of America

Helpful information:
Goodwill Package FAQ's
Program Rules
Program Overview

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #410 on: November 10, 2015, 05:26:54 AM »
What's the mpg on your VW?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #411 on: November 10, 2015, 08:51:35 AM »
What's the mpg on your VW?

Mid to upper 40's on the highway (70 - 80mph). Upper 30's in mixed warm weather driving, mid 30's in mixed cold weather.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #412 on: November 10, 2015, 09:29:45 AM »
You could use that money to buy a Toyota with the added bonus of unexpected acceleration...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #413 on: November 10, 2015, 09:42:15 AM »
You could use that money to buy a Toyota with the added bonus of unexpected downhill acceleration...

FIFY

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #414 on: November 10, 2015, 11:33:56 AM »
....or buy a Government Motors car and never worry if your key was in the ignition...

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #415 on: November 29, 2015, 08:51:28 AM »
I too took advantage of the $1000 + plan. There does seem to be some fine print involved. It is pretty hard to find it though. It was in the card acceptance information. Even though the CEO said that you could take the deal and still sue them. I decided to accept the money and just see how it plays out.

fine print

https://www.vwdieselinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Goodwill_Package_Cardholder_Agreements.pdf

This is where he said you could do both.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2015/11/19/vw-diesel-deadline-goodwill/76036232/
Joel from Maine.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #416 on: November 30, 2015, 04:41:43 AM »
I too took advantage of the $1000 + plan. There does seem to be some fine print involved. It is pretty hard to find it though. It was in the card acceptance information. Even though the CEO said that you could take the deal and still sue them. I decided to accept the money and just see how it plays out.

fine print

https://www.vwdieselinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Goodwill_Package_Cardholder_Agreements.pdf

This is where he said you could do both.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2015/11/19/vw-diesel-deadline-goodwill/76036232/

I signed up for the $1000+ plan as well.

The 'fine print' appears to apply to the use of the 'gift card' and seems to be standard. I can't imagine that VW would 'pull another fast one' with the world watching.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:19:50 AM by Conrad »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #417 on: November 30, 2015, 08:19:12 AM »
They already have, C.  They just got caught.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #418 on: November 30, 2015, 10:08:15 AM »
They already have, C.  They just got caught.

You're right, I fixed my post.    ;)

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #419 on: December 02, 2015, 06:33:27 PM »
Seems like it will be a while before it all gets figured out.
Joel from Maine.