Author Topic: A total waste of my time....  (Read 17126 times)

jirod

Re: New bike, two really annoying things. any suggestions?
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 06:21:08 PM »
...I'll just be a lurker that comes here, reads the posts and extracts the vital information I need and not contribute one  :censored: thing to the board...

That's exactly what I have come to expect from you.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 06:57:40 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 06:34:14 PM »
 :o

jirod

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 06:35:02 PM »
Well Jirod, just to **** you off, I'm going to post the Kawi Part numbers for OTHER members that want to disable to stupid linked braking and ABS.   Please be sure not to use them ok?  lol

You guys crack me up... you're like a bunch of sissies that gang up on one guy in a dark alley but don't have the balls when it's one on one... ::)

But, but... I have a 2008.  How would I disable what is not there? I figured since you're so smart you would know the answer? No?  Well, you see?  you have contributed nothing again.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 06:36:49 PM »
Boys, let's calm this a bit.  I must say I find this thread most interesting and would prefer not to lock it...yet.

Arena material possibly...we shall see. :popcorn:

Nope

:popcorn:  This thread is gonna deliver.... :finger_fing11:

Possibly...we'll see.  It's up to the members.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 07:04:29 PM »
You may get used to the KIPASS thing. I didn't like it much when I got my bike, but after a while I got used to it, and kind of like it now. Since you don't like fobs, you may never get used to it, but almost every new car or truck has one, so they are becoming the new normal.

Yep, that is my sentiment.  My first reaction to some things is "WTF were they thinking" but try to keep an open mind and try it out.  It really isn't that bad.... and in many ways it is very convenient.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 07:12:48 PM »
Ok, just to set the record straight, BFD, I didn't bash the bike... I love the bike... there are things about it (electronic) that I don't like about the bike... I bet 90% of the owners don't like all the electronic BS either. 

I think you might be surprised how many people like the electronic features.  There are times when it is frustrating when the designers don't add an "off" option, though.

But the bike has a great power plant, awesome drive train, superior brakes and handling... all with a much more comfortable riding position than the ZX-14.   Just because I want to custom tune it to my preferences doesn't mean I'm bashing it...

Many on here get what you are saying.  But it is strange to see someone buy an expensive Concours and then disassemble all the great touring features off of it :)   I mean, you are getting rid of the mirrors???  They are really nice mirrors!  But whatever... to each his own.  Although it is an expensive starting platform, since you got it for such a song, it makes it easy to swallow.  BTW- you got the one with my second favorite color (that neat burgundy) it is a shame that it will go bye-bye; although black and white does look really cool on the Concours.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 07:15:01 PM »
Look at the two pics I posted, one of the GTR and the other of my last ZX-14...  I'd almost bet the seat and rear cowl off the ZX will fit on the GTR.   Damn... I might be on to something here.
Comfort and ride position of the GTR (love the elec windscreen) but the streamlined looks for the ZX tail...

The ZX14 and Concours14 seats are interchangeable (like quite a few other parts), although there is a bracket you have to move on the seat.  Not sure about the rear cowl thing since I have never seen anymore remove the luggage rack from a Concours before so I doubt anyone has tried that.

Offline shreveportSS

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 07:39:55 PM »
Thanks for the seat info Max, now that's enough to push me to buy a used seat off a ZX and the rear cowl... Saaaaweet!

Ya gotta remember it's hard to ride ZX-14s for 6 years and then go to a different bike.  I tried a Goldwing and friggin hated it...  Also rode a vstom 1000 and it sucked too.
So I'm hoping this will be a nice bridge from the all out fighter to more of an interceptor... if ya get my drift.  I just gotta make it my own.

Speaking of making things... I design and build these. I know it's off topic.

I'm thinking you may be better off modding a ZX-14 into a more upright riding position. You may be disappointed with the engine as she ain't no ZX-14.
 You may call a tuner like Guhl or Ivan and see if they can disable the TC.
2011 Concours 14
2011 ZX1000GBF Ninja. Died Dec. 1st, 2012
2012 ZX1000HBF Ninja.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 07:44:21 PM »
Ya gotta remember it's hard to ride ZX-14s for 6 years and then go to a different bike.  I tried a Goldwing and friggin hated it...  Also rode a vstom 1000 and it sucked too.  So I'm hoping this will be a nice bridge from the all out fighter to more of an interceptor... if ya get my drift.  I just gotta make it my own. 

A Goldwing is like a barge compared to the Concours... no comparison at all.  Vstrom is quite different too.  If you are looking for something seems familiar to the ZX, it doesn't get much closer than the Concours, so you are on the right path.  Same size, similar engine, similar transmission, similar configuration, same controls, same manufacturer.

Speaking of making things... I design and build these. I know it's off topic.

Neat looking.  Not something I would buy, but still interesting.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 07:49:33 PM »
I'm thinking you may be better off modding a ZX-14 into a more upright riding position.

Seat and bar configuration would be easy.  The hardest part would be the pegs/shifter.  And it sounds like he likes the shaft drive and at least a few of the other touring features.

You may be disappointed with the engine as she ain't no ZX-14.  You may call a tuner like Guhl or Ivan and see if they can disable the TC.

Yeah, but if he was willing to give a Goldwing or Vstrom a chance, the Concours is waaaaaaaaaay far ahead in his game.... especially after mods.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2014, 07:50:13 PM »
New ideas...I like that.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2014, 07:55:23 PM »
So this isn't the first forum to suffer through.... you.

:rotflmao:

Brian

Ya gotta remember it's hard to ride ZX-14s for 6 years and then go to a different bike.  I tried a Goldwing and friggin hated it...  Also rode a vstom 1000 and it sucked too.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2014, 07:59:53 PM »
Hey Jim, you really gonna' let this language fly? If I wanted to read this, I would go to the other forum and stop paying dues.... and then I could use any language I wanted (apparently).

By the way, if you edit the copied post, please edit or just erase the copied content of this post.

Brian

Ok, just to set the record straight, BFD, I didn't bash the bike... I love the bike... there are things about it (electronic) that I don't like about the bike... I bet 90% of the owners don't like all the electronic BS either. 

But the bike has a great power plant, awesome drive train, superior brakes and handling... all with a much more comfortable riding position than the ZX-14.   Just because I want to custom tune it to my preferences doesn't mean I'm bashing it... I'm more of a purist, I don't need Daddy govt protecting me with ABS and other "safety" features that an experienced rider doesn't need or want.

Sorry this thread has become ugly... no problem.  I'll just be a lurker that comes here, reads the posts and extracts the vital information I need and not contribute one  :censored: thing to the board.

Is that what you boneheads want?  BFD, NFP (No  :censored: Problem)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:11:23 AM by VirginiaJim »
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »
Dis guy gotta' live under a bridge somewhere.

Brian

Also, as much as I hate to admit... I'm getting old.  At 60 I should not still be doing stand up wheelies on the interstate, and stoppies in the parking lots... It's time to tone it down a bit, but not to a Goldwing etc.  I'm also a bit old to be doing 195mph through the AZ desert heading down to Tombstone for breakfast...

On the weekends, hwy 82-83 from Tucson to Tombstone is a wide open event.  In 6 years I've never met anyone that could get past my 14s... I'm sorta proud of that
but I just can't keep it up.  I've been real lucky, never been caught and never arrested.   

If the GTR can do 170mph I'll be happy... does anyone know the top speed?  Will I run out of hp or rpm?   Hard to change the final drive ratio on a driveshaft.  I'm hoping it's geared tall enough that if I have the hp I can get up into some respectable triple digits..

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2014, 08:16:13 PM »
You bust on me then cry like a baby when it gets tossed back at you.. unbelievable.   Drop out of the thread... quit coming back ya little whiner. You ride a bike right?
I didn't think this was a Marry Poppins forum... :) 

No, it's a forum of somewhat like minded individuals with a common liking of a specific brand an model of motorcycle. Said individuals enjoy reasonable discussions concerning said motorcycles. What I have noticed is when a new member to the forum introduces himself as the biggest dick on the forum he usually gets treated as such. Enjoy the bike and your time here.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2014, 08:24:46 PM »
It's all about attitude...or lack thereof. :stirpot:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »
Jim will fix this up. This guy is one o' dem guize from da' other forum who hops in either as a guest or a troll.

I am really surprised Rick is as tolerant as he is with 'those guys'. They are not nearly so tolerant of him.

Brian

No, it's a forum of somewhat like minded individuals with a common liking of a specific brand an model of motorcycle. Said individuals enjoy reasonable discussions concerning said motorcycles. What I have noticed is when a new member to the forum introduces himself as the biggest  :censored: on the forum he usually gets treated as such. Enjoy the bike and your time here.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:12:39 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2014, 08:39:37 PM »
Wait for it...3...2..1
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Cuda

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2014, 08:45:00 PM »
What is going on? I guess this fits in?

(Really, Cuda?.....Jim)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:14:08 AM by VirginiaJim »
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2014, 08:51:14 PM »
Can we guess the forum you moderate?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

Yes, as a former moderator, I know the normal rules of a forum.  There are rules against badgering other members.  And if your moderator reviews this thread I think he will see a whole lot of badgering. 

Just because you don't agree with a post, or a certain member, doesn't give you the right to badger someone.  Call them " :censored: " and other terms...

So I really hope the moderator will lock this thread, strip out the off topic posts, give a couple of members a warning and leave the valuable, to the point posts made by myself and Maxtog on modifying the GTR.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:15:02 AM by VirginiaJim »