The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > The Bike - C10

Looking for a project bike.

(1/14) > >>

gpineau:
Whats the going price for a not running C10?
Looking on craigs list there are not many C10s near me.
This is all I could find. https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/denver-86-kawasaki-zg1000/6786764744.html
Is it worth $800? I am thinking $400?

connie_rider:
In the shape it's in, maybe $400; If it were running, and you needed it for parts it might be worth $600-$800. {maybe}

Ride safe, Ted

sport rider:
I paid $350 for mine.  plastics were with it, but not good enough to resell for much.  tank had some rust.  it was not running, but overall was ok.  I've got some odds and ends parts which might earn me a little bit to offset the $, but honestly not counting on much.

this pic is what I got to after stripping all the parts off.  I replaced the front end with a ZRX 1100 front end I already had.  I replaced the rear wheel with a meanstreak which I already had.

In some ways you save some time because this one is already stripped.  as long as all the pieces are there which you want to use, you might consider it worth a few hours of your time not to have to get it to this point.  I would not pay anywhere near 800 for that bike at the point the seller has it.  that seat has to go and be replaced by something that looks nice.  the headlight/brackets is not there yet.  the rear brake/running light is crap.  turn signals added back on.  I'd bet money you'll easily spend about a grand getting this to what you want it to be.  I'm on that same kind of track.  the second pic is a mock up of what I want to get to.

sport rider:

--- Quote from: gpineau on January 17, 2019, 01:38:42 PM ---That's a good start. Post some more pictures as you progress.

I am of the opinion that if the bike is not running you cant ask more than a few hundred. And not running in that shape it is in I would worry about bent rods and carb parts missing.
I think I a going to pass on this one or give him a low ball offer.

--- End quote ---

I have another thread going about it.  it includes putting pod filters on it just to get everyone's dander up.  :D :D :D

Rick Hall:

--- Quote from: MAN OF BLUES on January 17, 2019, 05:12:08 PM ---I'm sorry, I'm old, I've built countless amounts of bikes... this drama crap gets fuggin old.

--- End quote ---

Maybe you can now take a pill and chill the F out... dood. The masses have contacted the Borg Collective.

Just sayin ;)

Rick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version