The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > The Bike - C10

Basic Carb Cleaning

(1/3) > >>

sport rider:
had a great day yesterday taking care of a nagging issue.  bike was not running on one cylinder at idle.  the bike is ridden a lot, so I figured it was dirt and not gummed up from fuel.  took both lower fairings off, pulled out the carbs.  flipped them over and didn't detach the throttle cables.  removed each bowl one at a time.  pulled both pilot and main jets.  cleaned them and gently blew some air though to be sure passages were clear as best I could.  put it all back together and she purred like a kitten just like she should.  I put an inline filter on the fuel line just to be sure to trap any dirt from getting in again.

this is all thanks to the information posted here and other sites.  There is a ton of C10 data out there along with videos and diagrams.  Makes working on these bikes SO much easier!

thanks to those that went before and took the time to document and post details!

gPink:
A twofer...fixed the bike and got rid of the nagging issue. So where did you send her?

sport rider:
I'm old enough to know the proper response to that is "no comment".   ;D ;D ;D

RFH87_Connie:
If you get anything similar to a fuel starving issue, remove that fuel filter.  Sometimes it will only occur when the tank is almost empty and head pressure is low.

sport rider:
will monitor.  thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version