The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > The Bike - C10

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!

(1/2) > >>

snarf:
If you purchased a set of my Highway pegs before 04/21/11 there may be a flaw with the inner stud.
During installation over tightening of the stud may cause separation of the stud from the stand-off.
I absolutely hate to admit that I made a mistake; my belief in a quality product and honor come before pride.
Originally I was using a hydraulic press and pressing the stud in with an excess of 1300psi.  I would then drill and pin the two pieces together. 
There are three sets out there currently; I will be trying to send those people a message today.
If anyone is suspect to having an early model production stand-off please contact me.  I will powder coat and send you out two new second gen stand-off (no charge). With these 2nd gen's the stud is threaded into the  stand-off.  The more you tighten the stand-off; the tighter the stud gets.
Again I apologize for this and I will absolutely try and make it right to you.
On the bright side  no one has ever choked to death swallowing their pride

Steve in Sunny Fla:
It happens. you just made a decision that will result in you getting MORE work, not less. good on you -  :chugbeer: Steve

Tele130:
Hey Chris, Thanks for the heads up.  I'll check it out this morming.  Mine was the "Prototype" not a production production unit  :chugbeer: ;D.  Steve said it well. :thumbs:

snarf:

--- Quote from: Tele130 on May 24, 2011, 07:06:11 AM ---Hey Chris, Thanks for the heads up.  I'll check it out this morming.  Mine was the "Prototype" not a production production unit  :chugbeer: ;D.  Steve said it well. :thumbs:

--- End quote ---
:o oh yeah.  Two units out there ::)
I'm sorta a perfectionist; so it kills me to make mistakes.  Admitting them is even worse.                                                   I will have to call my father and thank him for raising me right.

redzgrider:
Hadn't checked this thread before -- fear my pegs were ordered and arrived in the March, 2011 time frame, and I see the drilled pin in the stand-off, so I guess I'm one of the others. I take it you lost my email since the transaction?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version