Author Topic: New pics. Got My Goldwing home. It was a chilly ride!  (Read 9023 times)

Offline jamiemac

Re: New pics. Got My Goldwing home. It was a chilly ride!
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2019, 09:05:26 AM »
Finally Home. Niehaus is a fun place to buy from. They have around 60 Goldwings right now. I'm pretty happy with the new ride. 250 miles was no problem, after being out of the saddle for almost a year. Pretty decent seat on the new wing, even after seeing everyone bit...complain about it on all the forums. The seat and grip heat were nice, but I just am not used to cold weather riding anymore, and my age might be catching up to me. I'll post more later. I'm going for a ride.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2019, 10:03:40 AM »
Finally Home.... I'm pretty happy with the new ride. 250 miles was no problem, after being out of the saddle for almost a year........ I'll post more later. I'm going for a ride.

Congratulations J'mac!!!!!

For the new bike for sure, but mostly for the return to riding.  8) It is a big deal, and you should treat it that way.
OH, and you are not that old yet, so maybe get some heated gear.

..but again...CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbs:

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2019, 10:41:33 AM »
Maybe a heated vest for good measure. Surely there is a port.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2019, 12:55:21 PM »
Congratulations J'mac!!!!!

For the new bike for sure, but mostly for the return to riding.  8) It is a big deal, and you should treat it that way.
OH, and you are not that old yet, so maybe get some heated gear.

..but again...CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbs:
You were reading my mind! All I really need is a controller. I already have the heated stuff. I want one of those fancy wireless controllers.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2019, 12:56:31 PM »
Maybe a heated vest for good measure. Surely there is a port.
Not from the factory, but I'm getting a controller for the heated gear I already own. Fancy new wireless one.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2019, 04:29:06 AM »
Does it have heated grips and seats?  I was out today on my Indian using both and while I didn't feel cold, once I got home I couldn't get warm again.  I have a heated Gerbing vest (wired) that I just plug into the cig lighter port on the dash, but I didn't turn it on.  Just now starting to use it and most of Winter is now gone for me.

These days it has to be sunny for me to be out in the cold, otherwise I take the truck.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2019, 07:43:03 AM »
Does it have heated grips and seats?  I was out today on my Indian using both and while I didn't feel cold, once I got home I couldn't get warm again.  I have a heated Gerbing vest (wired) that I just plug into the cig lighter port on the dash, but I didn't turn it on.  Just now starting to use it and most of Winter is now gone for me.

These days it has to be sunny for me to be out in the cold, otherwise I take the truck.
I hear ya! Yeah, it's got both the grips and seat heat. They're nice, but after about an hour, they just couldn't make up for the loss of body heat. My Brother in Law was in their minivan, and made the trip with me, so at the first fuel stop, I climbed in there to warm up, and dress in a few more layers under my winter riding gear. That got me the rest of the way home in pretty good shape. If I decide to ride in anymore temps below 50 though, I'll put a heat troller on it. Brrrr.

Offline MichiganRider

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2020, 01:23:56 PM »
Enjoyed your post. I bought a 2109 Goldwing Tour DCT last summer and really enjoy it, but for me I’m looking for a Connie as a second bike lol.  New 2019 Connie’s can be bought new for 11k !!
Hoping to find around a 2016 or so used to purchase for around 7.5k  With your Connie we’re you able to do much long distance riding?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2020, 07:10:19 AM »
I rode mine all over the country.  The bike is designed for long distance touring at break neck speeds.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MichiganRider

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2020, 09:15:53 AM »
Hey Virginia, finally got the Connie for my second bike. 2012 with only 3500 miles, had to go from Michigan to Des Moine Iowa to trailer it back. Nice bike, definitely a sportier ride.  Thanks for your kind remarks in earlier posts.