Author Topic: Waterproof speakers  (Read 7203 times)

Offline atilla457

Waterproof speakers
« on: August 02, 2011, 11:26:21 AM »
Hi all,

A few months ago, I saw a 2008 with speakers mounted on both sides of the dashboard.  I want to see what it would take to do the same thing on my bike and play music from my iphone (pandora :).

I'm going to start my research this weekend.

Does any body have any experience with motorcycle speakers?  Any companies I should look at?  Any tricks, trips in installation/mounting?

As a starter, it should be water and heat proof (maybe also snow proof?  maybe).
I should also have a separate battery for the amp so I don't drain the main battery.

My applications will be playing music at low speeds or at a camp ground.

Promise, i won't play it loud.
thanks,
2009 Concours 14 ABS - Black

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
Re: Waterproof speakers
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 11:31:42 AM »
Although I would probably not put speakers on my bike, I just found these.....what do you think?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/5/86/30250/25177/PITEM/Cycle-Sounds-Sport-Bike-Sound-System-2010-Kawasaki-Concours-14-Parts.aspx
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline atilla457

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 09:52:33 AM »
2009 Concours 14 ABS - Black

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 10:14:13 AM »
Waterproof sneakers? You should not be wearing sneakers on a motorcycle! It doesn't matter where you put the sneakers, even on the sides of the dashboard, because they are just not appropriate footwear! Buy and use some real motorcycle boots and no only will your feet stay dry, they will be protected in a crash!

Brian <chuckle>

Hi all,

A few months ago, I saw a 2008 with speakers mounted on both sides of the dashboard.

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com