Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455961 times)

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1980 on: February 17, 2020, 02:17:52 AM »
Too many use the merge lane to pass, ie. drive to the end and try to barge their way in rather than to find a gap to pull out. Too many also seem to be incapable of matching their speed to the traffic in the lane they are merging into. Finally, w.t.f. is peoples problems with using turn-signals? Are they just too  :censored: lazy or are they just plumb  :censored: ignorant?
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1981 on: February 17, 2020, 05:22:45 AM »
Finally, w.t.f. is peoples problems with using turn-signals? Are they just too  :censored: lazy or are they just plumb  :censored: ignorant?

Both.  Plus, they have their phones in their left hands, of course.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1982 on: February 17, 2020, 06:02:53 AM »
Too many use the merge lane to pass, ie. drive to the end and try to barge their way in rather than to find a gap to pull out. Too many also seem to be incapable of matching their speed to the traffic in the lane they are merging into. Finally, w.t.f. is peoples problems with using turn-signals? Are they just too  :censored: lazy or are they just plumb  :censored: ignorant?

Florida has BY FAR the worse offenders when it comes to not using their turn signals! I believe that once a car is sold and license for use in this state that the turn signal fuse is pulled so that, just in case by shear accident, if someone forgets and attempts to use their signal, it won't work, just like every other Florida driver.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1983 on: February 17, 2020, 06:18:42 AM »
Not using signals is not an offence to be pulled over for in VA, however if not using signals and you cause an accident...well then, that's quite different.  The law was changed several years ago.

Speaking of VA...Lane sharing is dead, using handheld devices whilst driving is on the way to becoming law.  Right, I can see people being pulled over right and left over this one...not.  But at least they are trying.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1984 on: April 09, 2020, 07:29:49 AM »
Members on the forum going after one another...that's what makes me crazy and annoyed.  I'm not expecting kumbaya but I think being sequestered at home has something to do with it with this Covid s**t going on around us.  We're here together for the love of motorcycles (especially two - C10 and C14).  Most of us have that in common and whilst we may disagree with each other on how certain things are being handled and by whom, let's try to keep that in the background of our posts (as in not visible) or in the Arena where you can tear each apart if you want (virtually of course).

Stay safe out there...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1985 on: April 09, 2020, 09:17:11 AM »
Welcome back. However keeping on topic, your avatar is somewhat annoying. You know things were a lot more peaceful around here when you had the old one with the sword held on high. Could be related, could be.  ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1986 on: April 09, 2020, 11:26:51 AM »
You know, I think that you are right.  I've been toying with the idea of getting an Angel sword covered with flames.  I'll see what I can come up with.

This will have to do for now..

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #1987 on: April 10, 2020, 01:08:12 AM »
What about this Jim?
"NONE SHALL PASS!"  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1988 on: April 10, 2020, 03:52:44 AM »
The sword is long enough, I'll grant you that.  But he isn't waving it around getting ready to chop a head off.  Wrong emblem on the front as well...

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1989 on: April 10, 2020, 11:08:37 AM »
You know, I think that you are right.  I've been toying with the idea of getting an Angel sword covered with flames.  I'll see what I can come up with.

This will have to do for now..

No need for further searching unless you can find a gif of what you have there now, an animated gif with just a hint of sword movement ...it will be perfect.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1990 on: April 10, 2020, 03:27:07 PM »
No need for further searching unless you can find a gif of what you have there now, an animated gif with just a hint of sword movement ...it will be perfect.

Eeew, don't do that.  Animated gif/png/etc are so annoying I have to disable it in the browser settings (thank God that is possible)!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1991 on: April 10, 2020, 04:13:00 PM »
What about this Jim?
"NONE SHALL PASS!"  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

"It's just a scratch.... come back here, I'll bite your kneecaps off...."

https://youtu.be/XCnK3B7Ftow?t=10m7s
http://youtu.be/XCnK3B7Ftow?t=10m7s

Ni..... or Ping... and we want a shrubery...

https://youtu.be/zIV4poUZAQo
http://youtu.be/zIV4poUZAQo

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1992 on: April 10, 2020, 06:25:56 PM »
Eeew, don't do that.  Animated gif/png/etc are so annoying I have to disable it in the browser settings (thank God that is possible)!

Good to know.  :stirpot:

Now to find one that can't be disabled that has it's brights on in the daytime....this is going to be great!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1993 on: April 10, 2020, 07:11:13 PM »
<sigh>

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1994 on: April 10, 2020, 07:47:20 PM »

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1995 on: April 10, 2020, 11:23:24 PM »
:goodpost: Already the new ...or shall I say recently revived avatar is paying big feel good dividends!    :thumbs:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1996 on: April 11, 2020, 02:05:47 PM »
  I've been toying with the idea of getting an Angel sword covered with flames.

Kinda like this?  ???   ...or does it need wings or something?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1997 on: April 11, 2020, 03:14:03 PM »
Absolutely perfect!  You've earned one not get your head chopped off merit!  As you can see, I've put it to good use!

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #1998 on: April 11, 2020, 03:34:10 PM »
Absolutely perfect!  You've earned one not get your head chopped off merit!  As you can see, I've put it to good use!
I can imagine Max changing his browser setting now...   :stirpot:
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #1999 on: April 11, 2020, 04:08:12 PM »
Kinda like this?  ???   ...or does it need wings or something?

Brown-noser.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours