Author Topic: Tip over - Broken mirror  (Read 2092 times)

Offline amigoride

Tip over - Broken mirror
« on: February 22, 2015, 01:31:43 PM »
Ooops! Over she went. Broken mirror.
Are there replaceable parts connecting the mirror to the attachment point inside the fairing or inside the corrugated rubber boot?
OR  do I order an entire mirror assembly?
The only listed part I found was the mirror assembly.
Embarrassed......idjit.
2005 C10

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
Re: Tip over - Broken mirror
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 02:33:02 PM »
Don't feel bad.  That's why we have Connie Droppers Anonymous...
 ;)

I'd venture to guess that well over half of us have had a Connie go over at one time or another.  Mine has been over waaaay too many times, thanks to bad decisions on inclines and drunk people knocking my bike over.

Murphs has mirrors btw:
http://www.murphskits.com
http://www.murphskits.com/product_info.php?products_id=193

The 'elbow assembly' may require you to have to pop the glass out of the mirror frame, which by itself might be a reason to just pony up for a new mirror assembly...
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline Mettler1

Re: Tip over - Broken mirror
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 09:33:22 PM »
  What Two Skies said. Dropped mine last fall in the garage. Clutch handle through the mirror and cracked the fairing. Wasn't really much of a job putting on a new mirror from Murphs'. Had to remove the windshield to get at the dash to move it out of the way and then a couple screws to change the mirror assembly. Hated to spend the hundred $$ but really the easiest fix. Murphs' shipped it in 2 days!   ;D
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc