Author Topic: Seeing the surgeon  (Read 29252 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Seeing the surgeon
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 01:39:13 PM »
Just returned from the office, the surgeon will be performing a lumbar lateral microdisectomy.  Amounts to a small incision, scope inserted, dremel inserted in scope, and ginding things to fit.  Not unlike working on a bike ;)  Recovery time is estimated at 6-8 weeks, havent had that much time off work since I was in High School, gonna be weird. If I start posting up things about Jerry Springer or Oprah it's the drugs, honest ;)  I just hope he doesn't have a KiPASS activation switch failure mid grind ;D
The procedure will be either next week or the following week.  Guess I'll be the camp cookie this Elk season :'(

Don't forget to get enough to share with the class.     8)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 02:17:17 PM »
Remember... anything you say to hot nurses can be blamed on meds.  ;D
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline yoman

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 02:40:36 PM »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Healing thoughts,
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 07:41:16 PM »
You're covered from N.Ga, brother.

Net Flix picked a heckuva time to raise your rates. ;) Good luck.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 08:38:07 PM »
Again, and regardless of the particular procedure, the very best of luck with the surgery, the recovery (from the surgery) and mostly, getting your back straightened out.

Brian

Just returned from the office, the surgeon will be performing a lumbar lateral microdisectomy.  Amounts to a small incision, scope inserted, dremel inserted in scope, and ginding things to fit.  Not unlike working on a bike ;)  Recovery time is estimated at 6-8 weeks, havent had that much time off work since I was in High School, gonna be weird.  If I start posting up things about Jerry Springer or Oprah it's the drugs, honest ;)  I just hope he doesn't have a KiPASS activation switch failure mid grind ;D
The procedure will be either next week or the following week.  Guess I'll be the camp cookie this Elk season :'(
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 09:35:31 PM »
Best wishes.  Heal quickly.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 09:59:43 PM »
Late reading your thread, Chet.. Prayers sent your way, God speed with the procedure and recovery. Pain-free is the focus, don't loose sight
of that throughout the following weeks.. And your brothers are here for you to accuse, abuse and amuse..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 01:52:36 PM »
Good luck Chet, may your recovery time be short and your healing complete!
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Son of Pappy

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 08:59:31 AM »
Date with the Doc is set for next Wednesday the 12th.  Life really sucks right know, totally off all arthritus meds.  I can feel all my old injuries and I'm walking like a broken man. 
Thanks to all and keep them prayers and well wishes a comin!!

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 09:09:07 AM »
Will big guy... had my dance with Doc yesterday afternoon... did discogram of S1 thru L2 and CT scan of them as well... that was an experience.  I only have to get my L5/S1 fused, going off of the discogram, so far.  That was the only level they couldn't get a needle in, totally collapsed.

Now I get to met with the main knife guy to get it scheduled.

Good luck... happy thoughts and prayers still being sent your way.
Rob

Son of Pappy

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 09:28:22 AM »
Prayers and best wishes back atcha!  Just got off the phone with the surgery nurse, she sounds hot and has a wonderfull sense of humor.  I'm gonna have me some fun ;D

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 11:28:03 AM »
Prayers and best wishes back atcha!  Just got off the phone with the surgery nurse, she sounds hot and has a wonderfull sense of humor.  I'm gonna have me some fun ;D

Regaining consiousness after surgery with a hot nurse around is a bad combo.  Especially if your wife and parents are in the recovery room with you.  Don't ask me how I know...... ;D

I don't remember hardly any of it, but I guess I had them all rolling.  My wife didn't even hold it against me.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 11:34:13 AM »
Just got off the phone with the surgery nurse, she sounds hot and has a wonderfull sense of humor.  I'm gonna have me some fun ;D

... I don't remember a thing... I said that?  Must have been that fentanyl!   :o
Rob

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 01:28:09 PM »

You had just better get those ideas right out of your head young man. Nurse Ratchet has something else in mind for your visit.

Time for your meds Chet
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline okxd45

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 03:24:57 PM »
Chet, the wife and I have been in a lot of training.....so I missed your original post. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery as well! :)
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2011, 05:07:49 PM »
Use video if you want some history of your wake-up call.
I only tell this, because it is funny.
In 1984 I had a radical dislocation of my left knee in a football game. It was pushed backwards, and slid up the back of my leg, nothing was left as far as ligiments or tendons, it was not good.
Long story short, after getting to a wake-up enough state to talk, I guess I went a little nuts. In my transport back to my room, my wife says that she could hear me coming well down the hall.
I called every person I saw a MF'r, over and over again.  :o
She said they were doing there best to keep me down on the cot. I tried to get up and go after the people rolling me along. A nurse came into the room and told the wife that I was a little upset.
She made a decision, she grabbed her coat and purse and got out of Dodge. Knowing me like she does, there was nothing she could do to get off this drug crazy rant.
So get the video out if you really want to know what happens.
Good luck buddy, you will do just fine.
Ride safe all, and ATGATT please.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline booger

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011, 06:05:54 PM »
I called every person I saw a MF'r, over and over again.  :o

I found when I had my triple bypass that I evidentially did not tolerate morphin too well.  They had me in restraints until they got me weened off of it.  I don't think I was a pleasant person.

Excavator

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2011, 06:33:46 PM »
I don't remember what I was on after surgery but I don't think I cursed anyone, I just laid there and smiled at everything.....took a trip and never left the hospital.

Be careful with those nurses Chet, some of em have a hairy back and really large hands.....usually the ones who give sponge baths.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2011, 03:48:07 AM »
Chet, will be thinking of you and pulling for you. You've got the right attitude towards life and it's not-so-little problems, and that counts for a lot when the medical community gets to play with you.

Hang tough!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 01:11:42 AM »
at 0930 I'll be meeting my cute voiced nurse, I'll be on the table by 1100, procedure will be about an hour long, sew me up, wake me up, wipe the drool off of my face, tell me bho was impeached alongside Eric Holders dimissal, and all will be well with the world.  Oh well, doesnt hurt to dream.  All I am really interested in will be reduced back pain, and pain free sex.  Aint asking for much ;)

I want to thank everyone for their words, well wishes, and prayers.  Some of which have been answered, my father is up on the mountain with my buddy, so I will have a coupla weeks to recoupe before he returns.  The Lord works in strange ways indeed.  I'll post up first chance I get after the procedure.  I just finished my last meal before the procedure and dranks lots of water.  Gonna miss my morning cup of joe, food not so much.  I'm getting nervous, I had a bone spur removed from my ankle in '99, hurt like heck and took a long time to heal.  I am in high hopes my back does better.

Thanks again, be well,

Chet