Author Topic: New PR2's, 2011 C14  (Read 1190 times)

Offline mvjr1904

New PR2's, 2011 C14
« on: October 08, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »
I made 3 separate trips to the dealer to get my rear tire sensors fixed.  It finally works, but now... the rear tire loses air pressure, up to 15 lbs overnight.  Back to the dealer again!  Dealer said " due to the tire being removed so many times, that there was a small gouge on the bead and that "they" might have caused it (just what I needed to hear) and they determined that the air was leaking from the bead.

I purchased the bike new in March 2012, I only had 4950 miles on the OEM stones, I drive mainly highway miles back and forth to work.

SVC Mngr said "since the tire was 1/2 gone, they will "give" me 50% off on another rear tire and free mount and balance (m&b).  Dealer wanted 310.00 out the door.  I said " I did not ruin my tire, your service department did and why do I have to pay for 1/2".  I also mentioned that with a new rear and old front, the bikes riding attitude will be affected and that now I will have to get a new front also.  SVC Mngr said "looks like the front will only last another 2 weeks anyways".  I replied "now I will be paying over 450.00 because you damaged my rear tire".  Boy was I pissed!

I told the SVC Mngr I was going to complain to the store owner and let Mamma Kawi know how I'm being treated.  Long story short, I got a FREE rear PR2 w/ free m&b, I paid 210.00 out the door for the front PR2.

I wanted PR2's because I learned about them from the site and member feedback, thanks.   I'm more than pleased with my new PR2's, it's totally different and better ride!
2011 Silver C14 - Fastest
2002 Silver C10 - Fast
1994 Black FXDWG (because it didn't come in Silver)