Author Topic: best advice you would give to a new (used) concours owner  (Read 1349 times)

Offline ZG RIDER

best advice you would give to a new (used) concours owner
« on: April 21, 2012, 01:46:52 AM »
'97 Concours with 70k. All periodic services performed over the years. Runs great no mod's. I rode one other street bike for several years from '83 to'88. It was a '82 Yamaha XJ 550 Seca and I rode it till it died! I don't recall how many miles I put on it but it was my only mode of transportation at the time so, yea , i rode it alot. I've just been riding dirt bikes with the kids for about the last 15 years so i haven't been on the highway in a while. I feel quite comfortable on the Concours and am taking my time getting re acclimated with a road bike and the road. I'm just hoping for some good sound advice from some well seasoned Concours riders cuz this aint nothin like the old Yamie!  Anything come to mind?

Thank you in advance to all that care to comment! 8)

Offline ZG RIDER

Re: best advice you would give to a new (used) concours owner
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 01:49:53 AM »
Oh crap I posted in the C-14 discussion!! Sorry folks

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 06:59:29 AM »
That's alright. What you're asking seems general enough to be asked anywhere. My best suggestion would be to go back to school. Take a rider course to learn or relearn what you need to survive on the streets. It's a mean world out here. And welcome to the forum.

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 01:05:55 AM »
I would highly recommend David L Hough's Proficient Motorcycling.  Welcome to the forum.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 06:28:07 AM »
Get comfortable, easy to don and take off (and looks really kewl) safety gear so you'll wear it ATT.

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 08:15:48 PM »
Learn to do your own work. Your dealers may mean well, but most have never worked on a C-10 and the people around here do. Save money and hassle.
2014 C-14 Red