Author Topic: Sad day  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Awaz

• Arena
Sad day
« on: August 29, 2011, 01:47:12 PM »
Wife bought a Pro-Aqua vacuum cleaner today.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Sad day
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 03:41:12 PM »
Here's a You Tube link on it.  I don't think there's anything funny about this at all based on the comments....  I feel your pain.

Pro Aqua Vacuum Movie
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »
Current version of the Rainbow vacuum.  :pukeface:

They used to make air filters for cars and trucks that worked on the same principle.  They used oil to collect the particles, though.  They don't generally use that design anymore.  I wonder why...
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 05:39:54 PM »
Weird, we were just talking the other day about vacuum cleaners. My sister buys those plastic ones that last a few years, work great, then die. We used the money we got from our bridal dance at our wedding, 1992, and bought a REAL vacuum, a Royal upright. Aluminum, stainless steel, heavy duty wheels, a metal switch, and wait, made in the U.S. A few drops of oil for the motor once a year, replace the bag when its full, and thats all we've done for 18 years, and it will outlive us. I found a Kirby in the garbage and had it refurbished, we keep that downstairs, its just too big and bulky, but its made to last forever too.

COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 06:31:13 PM »
+1 on the Kirby....we've had ours close to 20 years.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 09:14:02 PM »
+1 on the Kirby....we've had ours close to 20 years.

I used to sell them.  Still own one, and love it, except when I have to bring it upstairs.

The most common problem, a broken fan, can be fixed with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. 
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 09:16:35 PM »
A couple of years ago I gave my mom back the Electrolux canister vac she had given me about 30 years ago.  I think it is about from the early 1960's or so, all steel, USA, weighs a ton, sucks like a $12 whore and never failed.

Don't know anything about the Pro Aqua, but a water filter just looks like a breeding ground for mold and all sorts of things that are going to get trapped that are biological entities, which a lot of dirt and "dust" really is.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 09:55:29 PM »
My wife vacuums so much she wore out two Electrolux's and a Meile - on the second Meile now, in 25 years. WORE THEM OUT!
Did I mention, WORE THEM OUT!

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 09:58:40 PM »
I used to sell them.  Still own one, and love it, except when I have to bring it upstairs.

The most common problem, a broken fan, can be fixed with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers.
Mine was 25 years old when I retired it..... BIG mistake.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 07:54:22 AM »
In all honesty, the pro aqua is not a bad unit. But it definitely was NOT worth the BIG!!!! price tag. But she wants one coz it was much lighter to vacuum with, quieter, and did not smell like our conventional vacuum cleaner did. So, there we go - slammed the plastic down. I told her - there goes your Honda Rebel out the window for a while ! She has been wanting one of those.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 09:14:58 AM »
So its a carpet BONG?

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 09:48:08 AM »
No wonder all the BONG users are dirt poor !  ;D

I think I ma put a sign up front "Come Vacuum your car with German Technology for just a $"

Need to re-coup some of the money!
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline this is a rv

• This is a RV
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »
Next time your in MO going down I-44 take a break and check this out.
http://vacuummuseum.com/
Jack Gindra
X-COG #43

Offline Mad River Marc

• The Kipass shall inherit the earth
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 10:40:35 AM »
My parents bought an Electrolux Canister Vacumn in 1983,   still use it to this day...

Offline booger

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 07:16:43 PM »
I have had a Kirby for over 40 years.  But I think my Dyson will out last it.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 08:21:44 PM »
This is the 1276th reason I stay single
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Nosmo

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 08:51:07 PM »
This is the 1276th reason I stay single

That's nuthin'.  I'm up to 4,983. 8)

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 08:42:02 AM »
Single. eh? ;)

There is a guy that comes to the gym that is single. He talks my ear off while I am trying to work out. Someday I feel like dropping a weight on his head and go 'oops'. Assuming he is not 'ghey' (does attracted to my awesomely awesome good looks  ;D), I hope that is not the characteristic of a 'single' person. lol

2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline GTRrob

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 11:10:04 AM »
+1 for Dyson. I've had mine for almost 8 years and it is awesome. I first picked it up after buying a brand new home in Hawaii. I vacuumed with a POS Hoover first, then with the Dyson. It was incredible how much more the Dyson was able to pick up in that new construction home! That Hoover went to Goodwill the next day...

Offline Nosmo

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 08:49:48 PM »
Single. eh? ;)

There is a guy that comes to the gym that is single. He talks my ear off while I am trying to work out. Someday I feel like dropping a weight on his head and go 'oops'. Assuming he is not 'ghey' (does attracted to my awesomely awesome good looks  ;D), I hope that is not the characteristic of a 'single' person. lol

No.  There is no relation between single and gay.  I love women from the neck down, but I got tired of the crap in their heads, their attitudes and telling me what to wear and what to eat and how to conduct myself.  Every girlfriend I ever had wanted to be in control and kept telling me I needed to change and “get better”.  I got fed up trading my handy-man skills and mechanical talents for mediocre sex, on her schedule, maybe.   When the last one told me, after returning from her wack-o “church” meeting, “You know, there’s a lot to be said for a celibate marriage”, I knew I had to get out.  When she told me, during a discussion, “You shouldn’t think that way”, I said “See ya in the funny papers”.  NOBODY tells me how to think.   That was July 1998.   That’s why I have cats instead of girlfriends.
And now, back to the vacuum thread………………