Author Topic: Javascript-UPDATE-FIXED  (Read 6451 times)

Offline wahrsuul

• This is personal, stop reading it!
Re: Computer question-Javascript
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 07:02:46 AM »
DANG, I forgot all about the Norton....That has been the source of so many issues I've dealt with over the years.  Seems like its only gotten worse with age.  Good luck getting it out of there, as I recall, it was a real PITA to remove manually, and the automated uninstall didn't always work as it should.
1999 C-10: Knee savers, Givi trunk, Rifle windshield, KB risers, K&N...and counting...

What did I do to deserve this life?  And how do I do it again?

Offline Strawboss

Re: Computer question-Javascript
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 09:51:35 AM »
OK, update. Went to Best Buys, sought out a "Geek Squad" dude. After looking at my pc, he was flummoxed, the Grand Poobah of computers there was flommoxed. We wiped out Norton. No joy. We wiped out Internet Explorer. No joy. Found out that Java was NEVER installed. Installed Java,, enabled the script, installed Opera browser. Kinda OK, but still not right. Returned it. They said somethings wrong with it. Radio Shack said somethings probably wrong with it.  New unit, no charge, downloaded java, installed new printer, flash drive working, everything exactly as it should be. I've also learned that nowdays, every single thing you do, loaded a new device, buying a new pc, starting it up, setting it up, requires you to be online. Oh, almost forgot. Threw away the norton, litterally, threw it in the garbage, $100, 3 pc's, junk, too complicated, way, way too much work to use, its for youngsters who have attention spans of seconds and spend all day fiddling with their pc's, changing that, getting updates, being informed that the pc is on, informed that the pc is work or plugged in or working for you, finxing things, telling you things need fixing, prompting you to take action to fix, turn on, turn off, change, update.......well, you get the picture, I couldn't F***ing care less about what the F**k this thing is doing, I just want to check my e-mail and surf the COG forum.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Re: Javascript-UPDATE-FIXED
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »
Did you go to start>control panel>add or remove programs and remove all previous versions of JAVA and then re-install.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 10:53:40 AM »
No, no java of any kind ever installed, first thing I did today with the new unit is install the latest java. Works great, just like its supposed to.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »
I had a javascript problem just recently. What I described to you is what I had to do, along with a reset of my IE settings (it cleared out the cache and other stuff). Then I no longer got a popup error message when I did my timesheet. What you see is that when Java updates to the newest version it doesn't do a clean install. It leaves the other on too and that can give you trouble sometimes.