Author Topic: Rode to the North Pole  (Read 2447 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Rode to the North Pole
« on: December 25, 2013, 03:31:23 PM »
Well, at least the North Pole where the Santa that all good little farkle buying boys and girls care about. Yep, stopped by this place today:

Was a mite chilly too at 23 F

The bike had been sitting for a while and I checked the voltage on the display- 11.1 volts. Not good. But before getting out the charger and the wiring to tie it into the coax connector, I hit the starter for chuckles and while it did roll over, it was the slowest cranking speed I think I have ever heard. Of course I knew it would not start like that and after about 3 seconds cranking.... it snapped to running! Amazed me for sure. So we strapped the new SPOT on (more carefully than I have in the past sometimes ), plugged in and went for a ride. We found Santa around back collapsed in exhaustion after his strenouous work and I have to say, in a rather odd situation with some elves and reindeer.... it looked like they might have been imbibing. I snapped a photo but would not dare publish for fear of not getting any coal next year to heat my house. Speaking of heat, this was my first time riding below freezing with a bare face in something like 25 years or so- I had a balaclava with me but did not wear it and at highway speeds, the neck and even the cheeks got pretty tingly!

On the way back, only several hundred yards from TT is Exeter Scrap Metal which has this sorta' cool sign out front:

And right next door to the scrap metal place is this place, and no, I am not implying anything at all....  :rotflmao:

We were out about an hour and that was really enough. We could have stayed out longer but our necks and faces were getting pretty chilly and that was after taking secondary roads (max. 60 MPH) all the way home.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Roger.m

• Arena
Re: Rode to the North Pole
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
That's great Brian. Susan and I got out for a ride today as well. Been pretty fortunate so far this year, bike hasn't sat longer then three days without being taken out for a ride. Mostly commuting to work, but a rides a ride. Almost didn't recognize you without the whiskers, if you need some, I may have some to spare.  :rotflmao: Merry Christmas.  :)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 05:41:45 PM »
Yeah, now nobody in the house has a beard and it is getting hard to tell us apart. Once the dementia gets worse we probably won't know which one of us we are anymore. You just gotta' know that is going to be award regarding underwear, standing up to p-- for Andrea and a whole bunch of things our caretakers are going to get sick of.

The plan shave until the end of Jan. or so and then grow the beard back. I have had that thing forever, like 25, 28 years or something. The last time I shaved it off, my 26 year old son could not yet walk as I remember.

You grow the front of that thing any longer and it is going to get stuck in your zipper..... and I don't mean the one on your jacket either.  :rotflmao:

Brian

That's great Brian. Susan and I got out for a ride today as well. Been pretty fortunate so far this year, bike hasn't sat longer then three days without being taken out for a ride. Mostly commuting to work, but a rides a ride. Almost didn't recognize you without the whiskers, if you need some, I may have some to spare.  :rotflmao: Merry Christmas.  :)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 08:54:46 AM »
Wow- Wish I'd have been with you on that ride....  then again I can't go inside such a place without dropping some farkle coinage   ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 02:23:39 PM »
Well, that would have been a classic 'good news / bad news' situation: The good news is the store was closed so no money required: the bad news is that the store was closed and shopping would have set off the alarm. Maybe if we didn't strop to try stuff on it would still have worked....?  Then again, we could probably get away because the police around here ride.... no, wait, can't say that, sorry.

:rotflmao:

Brian

Wow- Wish I'd have been with you on that ride....  then again I can't go inside such a place without dropping some farkle coinage   ;D

Offline Roger.m

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 03:55:24 PM »
Yeah, now nobody in the house has a beard and it is getting hard to tell us apart. Once the dementia gets worse we probably won't know which one of us we are anymore. You just gotta' know that is going to be award regarding underwear, standing up to p-- for Andrea and a whole bunch of things our caretakers are going to get sick of.

The plan shave until the end of Jan. or so and then grow the beard back. I have had that thing forever, like 25, 28 years or something. The last time I shaved it off, my 26 year old son could not yet walk as I remember.

You grow the front of that thing any longer and it is going to get stuck in your zipper..... and I don't mean the one on your jacket either.  :rotflmao:

Brian

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: