Author Topic: tire monitors for c14  (Read 7725 times)

Offline Bill

tire monitors for c14
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »
Has anyone tryed to change the battries in there tire monitors?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: tire monitors for c14
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 05:27:15 PM »
Yes.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 06:14:07 PM »
Must have just joined to ask that.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 06:33:46 PM »
Yes.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »
To start...  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6071.0

Max, I expect you to do the rest....  I'm starting to drink so I won't be much good in a bit....

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 06:44:21 PM »

Check out the thread Jim posted and here is another one.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=301.30
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:19:53 AM by Tom V »

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 08:30:02 PM »
I'm starting to drink so I won't be much good in a bit....

You'll need to be a little more specific about what time of day it is Sparky...  ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 03:58:35 AM »
 ;D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 03:15:28 PM »
To start...  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6071.0

Max, I expect you to do the rest....  I'm starting to drink so I won't be much good in a bit....

I am tired of it already.  I think you should nuke the redundant threads and just send PM links to the search box...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 03:28:52 PM »
I am tired of it already.  I think you should nuke the redundant threads and just send PM links to the search box...

+1

knowing how to use search tools should be a mandatory membership prerequisite too
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 03:32:42 PM »
That's no way to treat the new guy.

www.justfuckinggoogleit.com     :o

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
Where's Bill?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 05:56:47 PM »

Oh come on now, Max.  You're really good at pulling up those links... :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 10:40:30 PM »
Oh come on now, Max.  You're really good at pulling up those links... :)

+1...

Tru dat, change your name from Max to Bing, if anyone needs a thread search Max (aka Bing) always delivers...  ;) :) :thumbs:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 08:52:16 AM »
a noble service, its obvious the forum needs a human search engine
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline olie

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 10:35:22 AM »
why not "merge" all those common threads? Jim?
13 Blue Connie, 8/4/2013
16 Green Versys 1k
11 Red Vette

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 12:40:03 PM »
I'm not going to 'merge' them as such but I try to move mostly dead threads (little or no activity) that have a wealth of information into the C14 Wiki area...  Problem is I need to get time to do it as it's somewhat of a manual process.  Using search helps some but we don't use the same terms for what we talk about.  That plays heck with the search engine (digital and human).

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 04:04:27 PM »
I'm not going to 'merge' them as such but I try to move mostly dead threads (little or no activity) that have a wealth of information into the C14 Wiki area...  Problem is I need to get time to do it as it's somewhat of a manual process.  Using search helps some but we don't use the same terms for what we talk about.  That plays heck with the search engine (digital and human).

Indeed.  Searching can be frustrating for any number of reasons.  Terminology is the primary cause of failure- when people use different words for the same thing.  I can very much appreciate when people can't find something and try to help (on several forums).  What I don't appreciate is when people never even try to search and, instead, just start a new thread on a topic that has been discussed over and over.  Those not only waste time, they create a lot "noise" when searching.

I found it especially irritating when the settings in this forum used to actually COMPLAIN when you tried to post to a thread not even a year old- encouraging the user to create yet another thread/topic.  Thankfully it has been adjusted to be a year:

"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic. "

Of course there are cases where a new topic/thread is indicated, but it generally better to pull back existing stuff so there is continuity.  (Yet there can be a lot of noise in threads too that make it hard to perform research... even this post is noise, since it is not related to "tire monitors").
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »
could change the post title to 'tire THREAD monitors'  ;)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 09:20:11 PM »
Just delete them before they even get rolling, no more need for them other than to bitch.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey