Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 304363 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1400 on: October 25, 2020, 10:41:14 AM »
C'mon now Conrad.... your pants have slipped down and the crack of your politics is showing :-) 

I find Attenborough's programs fantastically well filmed but so slow that they do not hold my interest. Sort of like watching a series of stills on video.

My pants have more than just slipped down and revealed the crack of my politics!  I'm showing a full moon here man!

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1401 on: October 25, 2020, 11:45:34 AM »
Not the news or political commercials.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1402 on: October 25, 2020, 01:32:39 PM »
Finished the third year of Yellowstone and hit the 'who shot JR' plotline. Seriously, the last episode ended with 'our hero' being shot on the highway and we do not know who it was although there were several groups of people maneuvering around him that are all suspect, exactly as it was on Dallas all those years ago.

In a direct answer to your question Marty, I believe the Rip character in Yellowstone was Ray Krebbs; the outsider who is really kinda' an insider and a good guy in disguise as a bad guy.

I never watched Dallas, I mean I don't even know who(m) shot J.R.  ???
Since you've seen both obviously, I'm curious who(m) the Dallas actor/character was that would be the counter part to Cole Huaser's Rip Wheeler in Yellowstone?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1403 on: October 25, 2020, 08:25:47 PM »
Since I got yet another "free" month of Amazon Prime (seems to happen annually), I tried some of their stuff:

The Tick (2 sea), was entertaining, but a bit low-brow.
The Boys (2 sea), far more entertaining and interesting.
Tales from the Loop (1 sea), kinda slow, pretty music and artistic, a bit boring at times.  Could/should have been better.

Back to Netflix, I managed to get through "Evil", which had a fantastic premise (kinda "Lucifer" meets "X-Files"), but some episodes were so heavily infected with leftism it kinda ruined what could have been very good.  Seems to happen a lot with Netflix.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1404 on: October 26, 2020, 05:54:56 AM »
Finished the third year of Yellowstone and hit the 'who shot JR' plotline. Seriously, the last episode ended with 'our hero' being shot on the highway and we do not know who it was although there were several groups of people maneuvering around him that are all suspect, exactly as it was on Dallas all those years ago.

In a direct answer to your question Marty, I believe the Rip character in Yellowstone was Ray Krebbs; the outsider who is really kinda' an insider and a good guy in disguise as a bad guy.

My wife and I just finished season 2 of Yellowstone. We like it! Kinda like a modern day Bonanza.    :thumbs:

Brian, on what network did you watch season 3? We watched 1 & 2 on Peacock for free but it seems that season 3 isn't free, at least nowhere that I can find.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1405 on: October 26, 2020, 08:46:36 AM »
I think you can buy or rent episodes on Amazon Prime. I do not think S-3 is free anywhere, at least not yet.

My wife and I just finished season 2 of Yellowstone. We like it! Kinda like a modern day Bonanza.    :thumbs:

Brian, on what network did you watch season 3? We watched 1 & 2 on Peacock for free but it seems that season 3 isn't free, at least nowhere that I can find.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1406 on: October 27, 2020, 07:50:03 AM »
I think you can buy or rent episodes on Amazon Prime. I do not think S-3 is free anywhere, at least not yet.

I saw that and I'm not going to pay extra for any TV programming, not any more than I already do anyways.

Peacock says that it will have S-3 for free on 11/22, I'll wait.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1407 on: October 27, 2020, 11:23:29 AM »
Youze guys, (or Ya'awl) are making me feel really ol' fashioned. I recorded it (Yellowstone S3) as it aired on the Paramount network and watched it one episode at a time.

Only recently discovered one on Netflix Hap & Leonard originally on the Sundance channel I guess, but I had
never heard of it. Only three short seasons but I thought it was pretty good. I'm glad I found it. I thought the back story of how they became friends slowly revealed,
was almost as interesting as the main story line.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1408 on: October 27, 2020, 12:28:01 PM »
Just watched episode 6 of season 4 of Fargo. Excellent series IMO though it is too slow for my wife. All four seasons have been great, and all tie-in with the original season at some point, in some way. A subtle, slow show but it does get pretty violent before each season ends- that is basically the point as the entire series is about crime in some way.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1409 on: October 27, 2020, 06:05:16 PM »
Yeah, with more and more 'designer' services splitting the available shows, it is getting tougher to get a wide swath of available programming without buying a lot of services. We just took a look at Hulu again but they are intertwined with Disney + and come as a package deal for three times the price. Currently have Netflix and Amazon Prime and honestly I would not pay for Prime at this point and only get it because it comes with the Prime package from Amazon which we use quite a bit (for purchasing from Amazon, not watching Prime).

I saw that and I'm not going to pay extra for any TV programming, not any more than I already do anyways.

Peacock says that it will have S-3 for free on 11/22, I'll wait.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1410 on: October 28, 2020, 07:05:45 AM »
Youze guys, (or Ya'awl) are making me feel really ol' fashioned. I recorded it (Yellowstone S3) as it aired on the Paramount network and watched it one episode at a time.

Only recently discovered one on Netflix Hap & Leonard originally on the Sundance channel I guess, but I had
never heard of it. Only three short seasons but I thought it was pretty good. I'm glad I found it. I thought the back story of how they became friends slowly revealed,
was almost as interesting as the main story line.

I saw that Yellowstone S3 was available on the Paramount network. We don't get that network without paying extra, no thanks, I'll wait. 

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1411 on: October 28, 2020, 07:52:10 AM »
I saw that Yellowstone S3 was available on the Paramount network. We don't get that network without paying extra, no thanks, I'll wait.

I agree with you, its good, but not pay for good.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1412 on: October 28, 2020, 11:31:05 AM »
My wife has been watching a Hallmark series called "When Calls the Heart", it's been running now for about 5 or 6 years. She watches it when I'm not home but sometimes it's on when I'm reading. It's a drippy, sappy, family oriented, historically inaccurate, upbeat, costume drama set in the early 1910's somewhere in northwest territories of Canada featuring a cast of well known and lesser known actors based on a book by author Janette Oke that follows the life of a teacher in a small town filled with all the required characters to fill out the correct boxes of what a town should be like today and how they interact with her in day to day life.  ;D How's that for a summary?
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1413 on: November 02, 2020, 05:15:26 AM »
Sideways on topic: It seems the entire delivery system of video (all TV, a lot of movies, everything we watch for entertainment) is changing quite a bit again. There are more and more 'channels' popping up, such as Disney, CBS Direct and similar, and they are of course spreading the video content further and wider. We were just about to try on Hulu again and found that it is somehow bundled with Disney and the package is $15 / month. Now of course that itself is not horrible but coupled with Netflix, Amazon Prime and we have 'middle' cable TV, it gets quite expensive. And even when buying several services, delivered via cable / Fios or through the 'Net, it seems there are always more things of interest to watch somewhere else read: another service we do not have. Anyway, we passed on Hulu / Disney, not that they did not have some content we were interested in but because it is just another tread in a very expensive flight of stairs that the video system has become.

I do not blame those doing this, they answer to stock holders and of course are pushed to show a profit as all companies are.

And with the arrival of Covid 19, it seems like a huge amount of series type programming has been pushed back. Not surprising but disappointing because there are a handful of non 'major network' shows that I think are excellent and really like to watch.

Back to the topic: we are watching Fargo season 4 and it is excellent. A bit quirky, and quite slow but the season is going someplace, just like all the previous ones. I did not know what to expect from Chris Rock (as an actor) but he is proving to be excellent always, as is the rest of the cast IMO.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1414 on: December 10, 2020, 07:30:25 AM »
Netflix. Formula 1: Drive To Survive.

We just started watching this yesterday. Damn good show!!!

Two seasons and rated 8.6/10 on IMDB.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8289930/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Offline greenie

• Arena
« Reply #1415 on: December 10, 2020, 08:04:24 PM »
Better call Saul - 5th season on Prime. $16 for the season but I could find no other less expensive source. When a television series comes along that has some creativity and requires some thought as it is watched. Additionally the series portrays lawyers in a better light than they deserve.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1416 on: January 05, 2021, 12:22:46 PM »
"Enola Gay", made in 1980 and only on VHS, with Patrick Duffy, and a young Billy Crystal. Hard to believe its been more time since that movie was made than the time the war ended and the movie was made.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #1417 on: January 06, 2021, 02:33:43 AM »
New series of Wheeler Dealers, new series of Kindig Customs.
Quite enjoy Abandoned Engineering, and other similar shows.
I can never get into any of the series as, regardless of the basis of them, they all turn into a soap opera and that bores me silly.

We get a cable TV package of some 230+ channels. On top of that we have Amazon Prime (mostly because of the next day delivery).
I have yet to see anything on any of the other Netflix/AppleTV/Disney/BritBox/etc. packages to warrant paying extra for them.

George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1418 on: January 08, 2021, 08:34:47 PM »
UTOPIA on Amazon. Season one was awesome!
It's like Stranger Things during a flu pandemic. I can't believe they released it.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1419 on: January 09, 2021, 05:06:54 AM »
I'll have to check that one out!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.