Author Topic: What do you think is the best looking bike ever?  (Read 23496 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: What do you think is the best looking bike ever?
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2014, 09:03:07 PM »
I like it Chet, great pics bro!  :thumbs: :thumbs: 8) :chugbeer:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
FM. I can't tell if you are joking?   ??? 

No I wasn't. However I wasn't putting down the bikes I picked on as bad bikes, just ugly bikes. I'd take your GS in a sec. if I could afford it.

However this thread was supposed to be about beauty (aka best looking), not function. No matter the great adventures delivered, the performance in the twisties, the performance on the single track, etc etc, your GS is always going to look like an unmade bed in a crack house. Admittedly minus the urine stains, but all those stickers are a great way to simulate same.  :P

I really like the Bart doll on the back, but no he isn't beautiful either. ???

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2014, 01:32:56 PM »
... your GS is always going to look like an unmade bed in a crack house...

That's funny!

Check this out...
http://legacy.jyi.org/volumes/volume6/issue6/features/feng.html
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Son of Pappy

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2014, 11:12:02 PM »
No I wasn't. However I wasn't putting down the bikes I picked on as bad bikes, just ugly bikes. I'd take your GS in a sec. if I could afford it.

However this thread was supposed to be about beauty (aka best looking), not function. No matter the great adventures delivered, the performance in the twisties, the performance on the single track, etc etc, your GS is always going to look like an unmade bed in a crack house. Admittedly minus the urine stains, but all those stickers are a great way to simulate same.  :P

I really like the Bart doll on the back, but no he isn't beautiful either. ???
Bart is on his way over with his mother to kick yer a$$!!  Having never slept (or seen) an unmade bed in a crack house I will just assume it isn't the best looking bed ever?  Not sure how there is a comparison of any sort, but?  FWIW, I paid for my bike from earnings on the range training new riders, I continue my build as funds become available.  I also peeled a lot of the older stickers off today, looked at them closely and realized I was no longer running many of the products for one reason or the other.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2014, 03:55:21 AM »
Second best

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:08:39 PM by Pilgrim »

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2014, 11:43:47 PM »
FWIW, I paid for my bike from earnings on the range training new riders, I continue my build as funds become available. 
My comment was more about my finances ( :( ) than yours. My DR also looks like an unmade bed. It would be from some drug house where the drug of choice is cheaper than crack. I've got some stickers saved up, I just haven't used any yet.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2014, 03:29:18 PM »
3rd best my avatar bike  ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2014, 08:57:58 AM »

However, some of you get it..... 8) :hail: :thumbs:

Those Ducati's look like the Honda Pacific Coast to me.  Way too much plastic!

My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2014, 08:02:49 PM »
08 C14
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

My F800GS is the best looking bike ever :)
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2014, 09:47:28 PM »

Major build is done, new Rad hubs and Excell rims installed, went with an "18 in the back wrapped with a Dunlop 908.  Sick bike that is sexy as hell, it likes getting dirty ;)  Cell phone pics don't do her justice, I'll shoot some after the Touratech Rally this week.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2014, 08:18:17 AM »
Sweet adv bike!

Offline ssbraun

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2014, 09:38:35 PM »
Loved my FJ1100; loved my VTR1000F Firestorm/Superhawk; loved my K7 GSX-R1000; but I always REALLY loved this:

Ayrton Senna ... "Oh, dat fla tie rella fack up ebertang!"
Past rides...'83 GS750ES,'84 GS750SE (Canada only),'85 FJ1100;'98VTR1000F Firestorm;'07GSX-R1000
Current ride...'12 C14 Candy Arabian Red (even faster than black and silver!!)

Offline Furbo

• Arena
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2014, 11:38:43 PM »
Truth in advertising - have never the first two of these, have a replica of the third:

late 30's HD EL Knucklehead. It's the prototype that HD (and all others) still wanna look like.

Mid 70's Ducati 900SS. In blue & silver. Best expression of a classic Cafe Racer in production form. The equivilent of the Alfa Romeo Spider (Pre mid 90's of course)

Laverda SFC.
05 C-10
Eccl: 9: 7-10

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2014, 05:51:51 AM »
The 2004 Kawasaki ZX10R, bar none. (for me...lol).

Not only because of how it looks, but also because of what it was. It was an animal that broke all the molds at the time.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2014, 12:39:02 PM »
A long time ago...in a galaxy far, far away...

'02 C-10

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2014, 02:32:16 PM »
I do like these.
Joel from Maine.

Offline tonedeaf

« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2014, 07:37:10 PM »
FM. I can't tell if you are joking?   ???  FWIW, I see beauty in purpose driven design, if there is no value in application, I see no appeal.  My GS is purpose built, with sturdy, clean lines meant to used in all situations for real world use.  The lines are appealing, the color is appealing, and all additions deliver function, not flash, even the stickers have purpose-support the industry products that provide reliable bits of kit.  Only (roughly) 10,000 miles this years (3,000 off road), and she still looks hot!!

I can sort of get the idea of beauty being what is seen in the elegance of function but this reminds me of an aviation saying: "Helicopters can't fly, they are just so ugly that the ground repels them."

BTW: NO insult intended, that is a nice ride.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2014, 09:15:34 PM »
I can sort of get the idea of beauty being what is seen in the elegance of function but this reminds me of an aviation saying: "Helicopters can't fly, they are just so ugly that the ground repels them."

BTW: NO insult intended, that is a nice ride.
None taken, I reckon part of the beauty is the labor of taking a good platform and making it travel worthy in all conditions.  Not many bikes have that  :)  Beyond that?  I find the lines attractive and love the color scheme.

FWIW, my bike is the best looking in more places than most (not just on the pavement), be it mud, dirt, sand, gravel, pavement, or track, it just does it all 8)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2014, 06:20:16 PM »
Best looking bike ever is the one I have at the time that is paid for.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2014, 01:26:39 AM »
Best looking bike ever is the one I have at the time that is paid for.

amen
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.