Author Topic: MRA X-Creen Variable Windshield Extension  (Read 21152 times)

Offline Bryn

• Leicestershire.... in the heart of England
Re: MRA X-Creen Variable Windshield Extension
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 01:42:51 PM »
I have the MRA X-creen....the full screen with spoiler bought together. Really happy with it, after discovering the standard 09 screen is rubbish... Also tried a Calsci large before settling with this one.

The buffeting has been reduced considerably, and I love the look of it  8)

I am 5'9" and 170lb

w

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 05:25:32 PM »
Now with a few hundred more miles experience I can say more about it. [...]Is the adjustability worth not having just a larger screen?  Still not sure.

Haven't posted an update in a while.  Now that I have used the thing for even more months and in now in combination with my home-made shorty shield, I am convinced it is a GREAT farkle to have.  It is especially nice to have the short windscreen but still have the ability to move the X-Creen up and block even more wind when there is an unexpected temp drop.  I am amazed at how strong the plastic mounting and adjustment stuff is.  It took quite a while to figure out all the various positions to use for different situations. 

I would definitely buy this sucker again.  I posted a photo in another thread of the shorty and X-Creen together, but neglected to post it on this thread too, so here it is.

[Additional terms for search engine: Xscreen X-screen Xcreen adjustable screen Motorcycle Racing Accessories mra.de touring topper laminar lip wind clamp clampon clamp-on]
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 06:02:26 PM »
Thanks for the update. Still looking at this and the possibility of a new windshield to go with it.

Quick question: can you adjust the top 'air wing' while riding? It seems like the locks have to be unlocked, the top shield adjusted and then the locks re- locked. I currently have an MRA visor which has 7 click- stop positions and can be moved while riding which is a big plus for me. The downside to the visor is that I cannot clean under it quickly or easily when on the road. It is a PITA to deal with and I usually end up unscrewing it from the main windshield to clean. All of that is fine on a Sunday afternoon in the driveway but not doable when on the  road trying to make progress.... This is the attraction of the new MRA screen extension.

Brian

Haven't posted an update in a while.  Now that I have used the thing for even more months and in now in combination with my home-made shorty shield, I am convinced it is a GREAT farkle to have.  It is especially nice to have the short windscreen but still have the ability to move the X-Creen up and block even more wind when there is an unexpected temp drop.  I am amazed at how strong the plastic mounting and adjustment stuff is.  It took quite a while to figure out all the various positions to use for different situations. 

I would definitely buy this sucker again.  I posted a photo in another thread of the shorty and X-Creen together, but neglected to post it on this thread too, so here it is.

[Additional terms for search engine: Xscreen X-screen Xcreen adjustable screen Motorcycle Racing Accessories mra.de touring topper laminar lip wind clamp clampon clamp-on]
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 06:08:13 PM »
Quick question: can you adjust the top 'air wing' while riding? It seems like the locks have to be unlocked, the top shield adjusted and then the locks re- locked.

You are correct, it cannot be adjusted while moving.  You can however, adjust it while stopped and without getting off the bike.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 11:31:34 PM »
I'm liking the x-creen by the way, just need to fine tune the angle. Went on the Vstream fairly easy. I did realize if I put the windshield all the way up with the x-creen in the highest position, i can take phone calls in absolute silence haha, just have to look through the x-creen then.

It does take a lot of experimentation with the thing to figure it out.  Seems I tend to keep it in the lowest position all the time and just vary the angle (at least when it is on the regular windscreen).

I will say that now that I have had it a while, sometimes the arm rotator joints/adjusters get a bit finicky and I have to mess with them to get them to move.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2015, 06:00:30 AM »
As Frank Barone would say "Holy Crap!, that's a lot of windshield!" 

I have the MRA Vario dark tint windscreen on my Concours.  With the Vario folded away and the screen in the lowest setting the wind hits me just under the rib cage.  Very nice during warm weather.

With the Vario extended and the windshield up high I am fully protected.

Does that huge screen cause the air to push you forward?
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline PH14

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 12:14:09 PM »

Does that huge screen cause the air to push you forward?

If you have a tailwind, you can put the bike in neutral and use it as a sail.

sailor_chic

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2015, 07:00:11 AM »
I was just on the MRA X-creen website, and they dont list the C-14. Or am I bilnd?

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2015, 09:57:38 PM »
I was just on the MRA X-creen website, and they dont list the C-14. Or am I bilnd?

Try this its a little closer to home.

http://www.twistedthrottle.ca/mra-x-creen-tour-windshield-for-kawasaki-concours-gtr1400-08-14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2015, 10:52:33 PM »
Try this its a little closer to home.

http://www.twistedthrottle.ca/mra-x-creen-tour-windshield-for-kawasaki-concours-gtr1400-08-14

Keep in mind that link is a whole windscreen PLUS the bolt-on X-creen (and in CDN$).  This is what I bought:  http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-x-creen-add-on-variable-windscreen-spoiler-blade-clamp-on the touring clamp-on

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 07:13:43 PM »
Keep in mind that link is a whole windscreen PLUS the bolt-on X-creen (and in CDN$).  This is what I bought:  http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-x-creen-add-on-variable-windscreen-spoiler-blade-clamp-on the touring clamp-on
j

That price is a lot less intimidating.
Thanks Max  :finger_fing11:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2019, 03:28:48 PM »
Has been 4 years now and still working perfectly.  Love it.

Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/MRA-X-Creen-Variable-Windscreen-Spoiler/dp/B00HH13I3Q
RevZilla: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mra-x-creen-tour-variable-windscreen-spoiler-blade

Remember to get the "clamp on" model.

Info on a Chinese copy on Ebay (of unknown quality): http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=23868