Author Topic: Should I stop my Health Insurance  (Read 22958 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Should I stop my Health Insurance
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »
Of course its very easy to say, well, its the law of the land and we must abide and work to change it in other ways. Well, yes, you are right, but you asked where did it say it was illegal. I'm not angry at all, dissappointed, but not angry, I was merely trying to convey to you what I thought another member was saying. I didn't need a patronizing comment about my high school education while answering your flippant question concerning the obvious.

Sorry, I missed your response.  I think I said that in a more rhetorical tone rather than an accusation, at least that was the intent.   Sorry about that.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2012, 04:20:47 PM »
Its ok. I'm just trying to keep this thread civil, I'm surprised its lasted this long here without name calling and troll comments designed to incite anger.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2012, 04:25:44 PM »
Didn't they have something to do with the present regime?

I spent time last night watching my DVRd episode of 'Queen and Country'.  It brought me to tears, but I digress.

Ok, so what kind of government do you want?  Now bear in mind, the majority of folks here in the US like the present form of government, me included, but I'm open to suggestions.....right now I'm leaning towards a monarchy....what's your druthers?

Monarchy, who do you have in mind. :stirpot:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:50:46 PM by Bosco »
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2012, 04:48:55 PM »
Well, first off you don't vote for a king. And its been quite awhile since I've seen the lady of the lake, her arm clad in the purest if simmering samite holding aloft Excaliber, proclaiming someone king. So, I'm at a loss as to who we can get. ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2012, 04:54:39 PM »
Monarch,y who do you have in mind. :stirpot:

Why, the Queen of England, of course....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2012, 04:57:12 PM »
I'd be in favor of a representative republic. This form of government would only work if the people took an active part and the elected persons actually represented the people and not themselves and their quest for power.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2012, 04:58:17 PM »
Well, first off you don't vote for a king. And its been quite awhile since I've seen the lady of the lake, her arm clad in the purest if simmering samite holding aloft Excaliber, proclaiming someone king. So, I'm at a loss as to who we can get. ;D

True enough.  I actually saw her the other day as I was sipping on a Margarita newly made on our new Margaritaville mixer.  Still trying to get the mix right.  Had to add more Tequila and more mix to make it taste right.  I'll have to work on that some more tonight.  Any more visions and I'll let you know.  ;D

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2012, 05:05:11 PM »
You're not confusing your cacti are you?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »
I'd be in favor of a representative republic. This form of government would only work if the people took an active part and the elected persons actually represented the people and not themselves and their quest for power.

That's what happens now, doesn't it?  ;)   In theory.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2012, 05:06:52 PM »
You're not confusing your cacti are you?

Absolutely!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2012, 05:09:14 PM »
Its ok. I'm just trying to keep this thread civil, I'm surprised its lasted this long here without name calling and troll comments designed to incite anger.

So far...we don't usually discuss such things out of the Arena.  I'm impressed.  I'm hoping more people can get involved but so far it's not working.  Got me involved but that's not exciting at all.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2012, 05:40:08 PM »
I usually don't see the lady of the lake until 3 or 4 gin and tonics, twist of lime and a dash of bitters. But you know, they'd lock me up if I went around talking of watery tarts lobbing scimitars at me.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2012, 05:46:57 PM »
I usually don't see the lady of the lake until 3 or 4 gin and tonics, twist of lime and a dash of bitters. But you know, they'd lock me up if I went around talking of watery tarts lobbing scimitars at me.

I wouldn't either...lock you up for talking such.  Gin and tonic.......ahhhhhh.

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2012, 05:52:26 PM »
Benevolent Dictatorship! Kinda like the way I run my shop. Everybody gets a say as long as it's done my way.  ;D
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2012, 06:10:56 PM »
That doesn't sound so benevolent to me... :-X

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2012, 06:15:46 PM »
Bombay Blue Saffire or Tanqaray Rangpur, of course I've been seen drinking Beefeaters in a pinch ;D. And nothing but Angostura bitters. The tonic water sold here has fructose in it, there are some others that are sold in specialty stores that have real sugar. Anyway, we've gotten off topic, sorry, back to the discussion. Do you think people like it here because of the system we have because if you asked I'd wager a majority wouldn't know what we have here, a Republic?

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2012, 06:35:30 PM »
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2012, 06:53:11 PM »
...but ...it was a magic sword.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2012, 07:20:26 PM »
A moistened bint?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2012, 08:11:58 PM »
That's what I like about this place...bikes, liquor, women, tarts, swords...not necessarily in that order...  I guess that's what brings us together.