Author Topic: Try a windshield for free....  (Read 242474 times)

Offline Broz

Re: Try a windshield for free....
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2013, 04:06:53 AM »
Current wait list is:

Denver23
Bosco. (Possibility he might let someone go before him depending on weather in his area)
Voileauciel

Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black

voileauciel

« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2013, 07:29:53 AM »
Sweet!

Will make a table of my findings once they get here.  ;D

Offline honzacaf

« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2013, 01:09:05 PM »
Hello,

I would like to try the windshields, I am at the Travis AFB, CA.
I have 2008 Concours 14

Thanks

Offline Broz

« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2013, 03:21:12 PM »
Current wait list is:

Denver23
Bosco. (Possibility he might let someone go before him depending on weather in his area)
Voileaucie
Honzacaf

I need Denver23's address. I am done trying them out and ready to ship. If I do not hear from him by Monday I will ship to Voileaucie and we will put Denver23 as next on the list.
Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black

Offline Broz

« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2013, 10:46:02 AM »
Gents,
The shields have been shipped to denver23.  The old box was splitting open so I replaced it.  The new dimensions are 39"x28"x8   it weighs about 34lb but they charge billable up to 53 lbs.  From Charlotte NC to Texas was $42. via UPS.  I get a corporate discount that might drop that price by 30%

So for those not familiar with the free offer, all you have to do is add your name to the list and be willing to pay shipping to the next guy.  Test all the shields and ship them out as soon as possible to the next guy on the list.
Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black

Offline Danger716

« Reply #225 on: March 03, 2013, 01:28:28 PM »
I would like to be added to the list.  The weather here in upstate NY should allow me to ride in a few weeks.
2009 C-14.  Black

Offline Broz

« Reply #226 on: March 03, 2013, 07:59:12 PM »
Current wait list is:

Denver23
Voileauciel
Danger716
Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black

Offline Wally

« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2013, 08:36:14 PM »
I would like to be added to the list.  I have a 2012 Concours . I am looking for a much quieter windshield.

Appreciate getting on the list.

Wally

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2013, 09:50:06 PM »
Current wait list is:

Denver23 (on the way to)
mntbiker-junkie
Dusty1300 (I live in northern iowa. it is cold, snowy and nasty out, my two concours are put away on battery tenders, but awaiting Spring. I would appreciate keeping my name on the list as I'm very interested in finding a shield that will work for me.  For now, you can keep passing me up till the weather shapes up here. Probably another month or two.)
Voileauciel
Honvacaf
Danger716
Wally

Looking back through the posts I think this is the correct list, please correct it if it is wrong.
Black 2011
Full Delkevic no cat, Ivan's Flash, Projector headlights, Dunlop Q3+
Valentine 1 with JBV1 on phone

Offline Wally

« Reply #229 on: March 09, 2013, 08:44:54 AM »
Thx for adding me.

Wally

Offline Wally

« Reply #230 on: March 09, 2013, 08:49:52 AM »
For those of you who have tried them- and maybe its been covered- oh well- Which one is the most quiet for a taller person-say 6-2 ? Need one where I actually look thru the shield for sure when all the way up. Hate all the wind noise and I have a new Shuberth. That didn't help much. I have a 2012 Concours.

Appreciate feedback

Wally

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #231 on: March 09, 2013, 11:27:50 AM »
For those of you who have tried them- and maybe its been covered- oh well- Which one is the most quiet for a taller person-say 6-2 ? Need one where I actually look thru the shield for sure when all the way up. Hate all the wind noise and I have a new Shuberth. That didn't help much. I have a 2012 Concours.

Appreciate feedback

Wally

For me the Aeroflow was the quietest but I couldn't get past the shape on my bike, The Cal-sci was a very close second. I bought a Cal-sci large but an extra large would be better for your height. I am 6-1 and have a 2011.
Black 2011

Offline mntbiker-junkie

« Reply #232 on: March 13, 2013, 06:58:26 AM »
When our turn comes up, how do we get the shipping info in the person that has the screens?  Do we each cover the shipping cost to the next person on the list?

Thanks, Tony (mntbiker-junkie)

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2013, 07:01:37 AM »
When our turn comes up, how do we get the shipping info in the person that has the screens?  Do we each cover the shipping cost to the next person on the list?

Thanks, Tony (mntbiker-junkie)

PM the next person in line for his shipping information, and yes you cover the shipping to the next person on the list. $38 USPS when I shipped it.
Black 2011

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #234 on: March 13, 2013, 07:11:47 AM »
Got snow again this morning. I am going to move myself down to the bottom of the list.

Current wait list is:

Denver23 (on the way to)
mntbiker-junkie
Dusty1300 (I live in northern iowa. it is cold, snowy and nasty out, my two concours are put away on battery tenders, but awaiting Spring. I would appreciate keeping my name on the list as I'm very interested in finding a shield that will work for me.  For now, you can keep passing me up till the weather shapes up here. Probably another month or two.)
Voileauciel
Honvacaf
Danger716
Wally
Bosco
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline Broz

« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2013, 02:18:02 PM »
Gents,
The shields have been shipped to denver23.  The old box was splitting open so I replaced it.  The new dimensions are 39"x28"x8   it weighs about 34lb but they charge billable up to 53 lbs.  From Charlotte NC to Texas was $42. via UPS.  I get a corporate discount that might drop that price by 30%

So for those not familiar with the free offer, all you have to do is add your name to the list and be willing to pay shipping to the next guy.  Test all the shields and ship them out as soon as possible to the next guy on the list.

Gents,
This is just FYI I dont care what anyone decides to do since I have already tested the shields but the cost of shipping is getting to be expensive for those that do not have access to a corporate UPS account.  I did so it's no big deal but the fellow that has to ship the box next told me it was over $65.  It ended up costing me only $27 (after a 35% discount quoted price was $42) and I dont know what the discount will be until the bill arrives.  It has something to do with how much the corporate discount is that month based on all shipping.

I was curious so I went to my UPS account and entered the Texas zip to a NJ zip and sure enough if you have to pay at a retail UPS store (no account with UPS) it cost an extra $18 to $20.  Not to mention if they try and sell you on "what's the value of the contents"  Do not pay to insure theses windshields!  UPS is pretty good about handling and they are packed very well.

All that said, knowing what I know I think it would be cheaper to break the shields up into 2 boxes.  Maybe for those guys 6' + you will be looking at the Cee Baily Large (which I'm pretty sure is the Ultra Tour Dome Shield) the XL Cal Sci, and the V stream.  All the other shields in another box.

I would not want to pay $65 to test those shields,  If you want the best quality of the bunch just buy a Cee Baily, I think there sizing info on there website is pretty accurate too.  IMO it was hands down the quietest and best quality materials and finish.

Just a thought, and trying to save a few guys some of their hard earned money.
Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2013, 10:13:21 PM »
Gents,
This is just FYI I dont care what anyone decides to do since I have already tested the shields but the cost of shipping is getting to be expensive for those that do not have access to a corporate UPS account.  I did so it's no big deal but the fellow that has to ship the box next told me it was over $65.  It ended up costing me only $27 (after a 35% discount quoted price was $42) and I dont know what the discount will be until the bill arrives.  It has something to do with how much the corporate discount is that month based on all shipping.

I was curious so I went to my UPS account and entered the Texas zip to a NJ zip and sure enough if you have to pay at a retail UPS store (no account with UPS) it cost an extra $18 to $20.  Not to mention if they try and sell you on "what's the value of the contents"  Do not pay to insure theses windshields!  UPS is pretty good about handling and they are packed very well.

All that said, knowing what I know I think it would be cheaper to break the shields up into 2 boxes.  Maybe for those guys 6' + you will be looking at the Cee Baily Large (which I'm pretty sure is the Ultra Tour Dome Shield) the XL Cal Sci, and the V stream.  All the other shields in another box.

I would not want to pay $65 to test those shields,  If you want the best quality of the bunch just buy a Cee Baily, I think there sizing info on there website is pretty accurate too.  IMO it was hands down the quietest and best quality materials and finish.

Just a thought, and trying to save a few guys some of their hard earned money.

UPS and Fed-ex are both expensive. US Postal Service parcel post was only $38 to ship all 6 shields from California to South Carolina.
Black 2011

voileauciel

« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2013, 10:46:44 PM »
UPS and Fed-ex are both expensive. US Postal Service parcel post was only $38 to ship all 6 shields from California to South Carolina.

Good to know! I was thinking that splitting the boxes up might be a good idea also.

If nothing else, I'm wondering if we can work out a deal with getting the discounted shipping labels, and we just paypal Broz to cover the cost. Would this work, possibly? Trying to think of the most efficient way to keep this going, as if it's going to cost $60+ to ship this box for some folks, it might almost negate the whole idea for them.

I'm open to ideas on how to make a great idea, even better!  :D

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2013, 10:52:49 PM »
It was worth $38 for me to know I was getting the shield that would work best for me, small investment when the price of a shield is $200+

Give the post office your money instead of UPS, the Post Office takes less of it too. The line was 2 people long at the post office when I went, I was in and out in 5 minutes.

If we split the boxes up one will just get lost, and now you are paying postage on 2 boxes. Do what you want, I have tried them all already.
Black 2011

Offline Danger716

« Reply #239 on: March 21, 2013, 11:15:50 AM »
I think that Broz was suggesting that we split the windshields into 2 boxes and send them to 2 different people.  I would like to add the suggestion of large and extra large in one box and medium in the other.  At 6'3", I'm only interested in the large and extra large windshields.

Aeroflow large
Cee Bailey's large
Cal-Sci extra large extra wide

Cal-Sci medium
Cee Bailey's medium
V stream

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?
2009 C-14.  Black