Author Topic: Corona virus.... the gift that keeps on giving  (Read 10005 times)

Offline MtnRider

Re: Corona virus.... the gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2020, 02:09:48 PM »
Apparently people are considering memes as PSAs now...    :banghead:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2020, 05:59:52 PM »
Personally I consider Corona a 'trash' beer but for those that like it, I would think it should be on sale if it's not selling.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2020, 07:04:42 AM »
My wife and I risked it yesterday and went grocery shopping. Locally there's really only two stores, Super Walmart and Aldi.

Aldi is always the first stop and then whatever we can't get at Aldi we pick up at Wallys.

It was a fucking zoo!!!

We both wore medical masks and gloves. An overabundance of caution? Better safe that sorry. A few people in the stores also wore masks and we had several people ask us where we got our masks. I 'acquired' a box of medical grade masks several years ago at work. 

Lots of stuff was sold out but we did manage to get some TP at Aldi, the last package on the shelf. When we arrived at Aldi there weren't many people there but right after we arrived the place got flooded with folks. I heard later that there was a fake text going around that POTUS was going to shut down everything! I wonder if that prompted the rush? We managed to get just about everything we needed.

Then off to Wallys. Now that place was crazy! No bread, no flour, no sugar, they had TP but it was being rationed, no frozen fries, very little fresh meat or frozen veggies.

Never in my life did I imagine that I would see something like this in our country, never.    :'(
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2020, 07:47:45 AM »

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2020, 09:21:05 AM »
The Governor (RI) just extended the normal 7 day wait to transfer a firearm to 30 days. Lots and lots of people trying to buy firearms and ammunition, wiping out local stock as well as creating havoc (or so they claim) at local P.D.'s processing the applications.

But the people that this is making really cranky are heavy 2A supporters in the first place, and we already have  said hardware. The push is now on for the November elections though to be honest, I do not know if it will really make much difference in such a 'blue' state anyway.

In other COVID news, people are progressively losing driving skills as this thing progresses. It is getting a bit scary just driving out there, never mind negotiating full parking lots and trying to find a parking space. The Corona virus has symptoms similar to the usual strains of flu but fear and panic induced by the Corona virus seems to inhibit brain cells from working....

:-(

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2020, 05:19:42 AM »
Well, South Africa is officially under "lock down" as from Friday 2020/03/27. This means I have to go sit at home without pay for three weeks.

Not allowed out of the house unless for medical emergencies or shopping for food. Only 1 person allowed in a vehicle, unless it is a minor, or for a medical emergency. The passenger must be seated in the rear, and both must wear face masks. The army has also been enlisted to assist the cops in performing their duties.

Restaurants and bars will be closed for business, and the restaurants may only do food deliveries, under strict conditions.

This is gonna be a long ass three weeks, where I'm not even allowed to ride my bike. Can't even go to the motorcycle shop in order to buy parts for servicing my bike.....

No alcohol sales allowed during this time either..... So it is going to be a "dry" three weeks as well :banghead:....

Travel bans have also been put in place, so you are not even allowed to visit your relatives in other towns/cities, or have friends over for a braai (BBQ for those not in the RSA)....

Thanks Corona, I finally get to take my full three weeks leave, but have top stay at home......
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2020, 06:05:28 AM »
Lockdown here too now.
It seems the stupids couldn't understand "We advise you to stay at home" so now it's "STAY AT HOME STUPID  :censored: ERS OR WE WILL JAIL YOU!"
Nothing like a global pandemic to really drive home just how stupid and selfish many people are. <sigh>
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2020, 06:43:13 AM »
Well, South Africa is officially under "lock down" as from Friday 2020/03/27. This means I have to go sit at home without pay for three weeks.

Not allowed out of the house unless for medical emergencies or shopping for food. Only 1 person allowed in a vehicle, unless it is a minor, or for a medical emergency. The passenger must be seated in the rear, and both must wear face masks. The army has also been enlisted to assist the cops in performing their duties.

Restaurants and bars will be closed for business, and the restaurants may only do food deliveries, under strict conditions.

This is gonna be a long ass three weeks, where I'm not even allowed to ride my bike. Can't even go to the motorcycle shop in order to buy parts for servicing my bike.....

No alcohol sales allowed during this time either..... So it is going to be a "dry" three weeks as well :banghead:....

Travel bans have also been put in place, so you are not even allowed to visit your relatives in other towns/cities, or have friends over for a braai (BBQ for those not in the RSA)....

Thanks Corona, I finally get to take my full three weeks leave, but have top stay at home......

WOW.... REAL BUMMER DUDE.... how's it feel to live in the land, that introduced..... EEEEEEEE-Booo-Lah....?
anyways, we got deer in th back yard, and the B-B-Q is smoking hot right now.. mmmmm , quick question, what do Rhino's, and Elephants actually taste like?, and don't say they taste like Chicken....  sorry, I just woke up to make coffee for my wife, it's her birthday...I built a still, for her, so we can always have booze... Didn't mean to be a debbie downer, just joking around, so laugh and enjoy life.....

oh, send us all the spare Krugerrand's... people here don't want to handle paper money any more.. like my plastic charge card won't hold germs on it.... hehehhehhhehhhe
aaaaaahhhhhh -chooooo

hey, stay safe, stay healthy, and use social distancing as your pal, peace bro,

https://youtu.be/3nlm56AgJvM
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 07:13:43 AM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2020, 09:30:19 AM »
I'm re-reading an interesting book that I purchased a few years ago 'The Great Influenza' by John M. Barry.  Chronicles The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History (1918).  That flu kind of resembled Ebola in some respects.  It's thought to have killed 100 million people world wide.  You'll never believe where it's thought to have started from....

Insert answer here...

If you are 70 or over, you may want to bypass Texas.  The Lt. Governor there is recommending that people over 70 bite the bullet for the economy or maybe I'm just misinterpreting what he said.  Yeah, that's it.  No one can be that callous or misinformed.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2020, 09:49:43 AM »
Damn, Hooligan, that's tough. Good luck to you & yours.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2020, 03:27:48 PM »
I'm re-reading an interesting book that I purchased a few years ago 'The Great Influenza' by John M. Barry.  Chronicles The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History (1918).  That flu kind of resembled Ebola in some respects.  It's thought to have killed 100 million people world wide.  You'll never believe where it's thought to have started from....

Insert answer here...

The origin is actually unknown because there was not enough data or good record keeping.  Many believe it was France, others America, China, or Austria.  But most experts agree it was not Spain (so it really wasn't the "Spanish Flu").
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2020, 06:29:05 PM »

Insert answer here...

Not quite sure of the "accuracy" of that written Novel, but factually it began in China, and was spread to U.S. troops in a French "hospital" where soldiers were recovering from terrible wounds.. why France? I dunno... they had good food, but crappy doctors... I guess it was because France was the major "central point" of safety for American soldiers, and deployment... as we didn't have huge jet planes, that could fly to China, or much else in the world.... rapidly.
https://www.mphonline.org/worst-pandemics-in-history/

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Hooligan

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2020, 07:05:33 AM »
WOW.... REAL BUMMER DUDE.... how's it feel to live in the land, that introduced..... EEEEEEEE-Booo-Lah....?
anyways, we got deer in th back yard, and the B-B-Q is smoking hot right now.. mmmmm , quick question, what do Rhino's, and Elephants actually taste like?, and don't say they taste like Chicken....  sorry, I just woke up to make coffee for my wife, it's her birthday...I built a still, for her, so we can always have booze... Didn't mean to be a debbie downer, just joking around, so laugh and enjoy life.....

oh, send us all the spare Krugerrand's... people here don't want to handle paper money any more.. like my plastic charge card won't hold germs on it.... hehehhehhhehhhe
aaaaaahhhhhh -chooooo

hey, stay safe, stay healthy, and use social distancing as your pal, peace bro,

https://youtu.be/3nlm56AgJvM

Firstly happy hatch day to your Mrs from the RSA please?

Secondly, I live in the city, so hunting is out of the question.

Well MOB, Ebola was started in mid to northern africa if I'm not mistaken , so for a change it wasn't the RSA's fault...LOL

As to answer your question regarding Rhino and elephants, I can't afford to shoot them, so I've never tasted it. I would have to sell my house in order to afford one of them animals, so sorry, can't help there.... I have had Ostrich though, and it quite tasty if prepared correctly. Crocodile is not bad either, just saying....

Had to make a run to NBS (Nearest Bottle Store) yesterday, and stocked up on some provisions for the next three weeks. I reckon a case of beers and a bottle of whiskey a week should suffice.... Luckily I still have enough venison in tyhe chest freezers to last me a month or two. Shot a warthog 2 weeks ago, and made some cheesegrillers (cheese sossages). Just have to put them though the smoker still, and I'll have plenty time to do that....

As for the Kruger rand, sorry once again. I don't own a single KR  myself..... outta luck there unfortunately.

But yes, good luck to you all during these times, and your advise is heeded MOB, thank you.

on a more serious note, I see there are some guys in the townships that has said that they won't go shopping at the stores, but will attack white owned homes and just take what they need. Well guess what? I have have a 9mm parrabellum, 300WinMag, and a 303 British rifle and plenty of ammo. They are welcome to come try their luck, as i will not allow my family's lives to be endangered....

I'm so tired of all the racism and reverse racism in this country.

Every time we make one step forward in coming together as a "rainbow nation" some m*****f***ing a****le idiot has to go srew s**t up and start the crap all over again.

Anyway, rant over. I will be keeping a low profile the next three weeks.

Y'all be safe out there....

Respect,
H
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Hooligan

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2020, 07:19:23 AM »
PS, I'll have so much time on my hands now, I might as well clean and re-arrange my garage...... :banghead: :banghead:

Then service the ZX14, as just got the oil and filters needed today (panic bought so I don't get too bored at home). That bike is gonna look better than it did the day it rolled off the showroom floor..... :thumbs: :thumbs:

But  I really feel sorry for some guys I know, that has been putting off home chores, and telling their wives:' I'll get to it when I get the time". Well guess what, you got three consecutive weeks now you SOB's..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2020, 07:51:50 AM »
Rich, that book is not a novel by any stretch of the imagination.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2020, 12:38:09 PM »
Yes, the "Spanish Flu". Nasty virus, not nearly as deadly as hemorrhagic fever (such as Ebola) but far, far more transmittable. A fascinating piece of our (human) history.

Best data shows it started in an army camp in Kansas, US of A, and was sent along to France from there. At some point, the virus mutated (became a different strain) and that was the version that spread over many parts of the world with returning WWI veterans of the western front.

Read a book about that virus and its effects during a particularly virulent outbreak in a major US city- it was either Baltimore or Philadelphia. Not a 'fun' read but absolutely fascinating in a clinical kind of way as it showed the steady breakdown of the very society in that city. Bodies in the streets 'cause there was no one to remove them. All city systems overwhelmed, many stopped and in the end, it nearly brought the lifestyle all the way back to the stone age.

The Spanish flu may have been the deadliest but only because it happened so late in history and there were a lot of us by that time. The bubonic plague, for example, was actually far deadlier with regard to the percentage of population killed and the degree to which many parts of the world were effected.

Bonus trivia: the word quarantine literally means 40 days. That is how long ships coming into Italian harbors were isolated and not allowed to off- load anything, to see if there was plague aboard.

Brian

Insert answer here...

If you are 70 or over, you may want to bypass Texas.  The Lt. Governor there is recommending that people over 70 bite the bullet for the economy or maybe I'm just misinterpreting what he said.  Yeah, that's it.  No one can be that callous or misinformed.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2020, 03:46:39 PM »
PS, I'll have so much time on my hands now, I might as well clean and re-arrange my garage...... :banghead: :banghead:

Then service the ZX14, as just got the oil and filters needed today (panic bought so I don't get too bored at home). That bike is gonna look better than it did the day it rolled off the showroom floor..... :thumbs: :thumbs:

But  I really feel sorry for some guys I know, that has been putting off home chores, and telling their wives:' I'll get to it when I get the time". Well guess what, you got three consecutive weeks now you SOB's..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Hooligan, since I may be having a bit of excess time myself what can you tell me about biltong?

Offline Hooligan

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2020, 12:03:02 AM »
Hooligan, since I may be having a bit of excess time myself what can you tell me about biltong?

Well what ya wanna know about biltong GP? You guys may know it as jerky....

Tell you what I'll do.......

I'll make some biltong over my "rest period", and take some pics while I'm doing it. I'll send you some detailed instruction sheet with pics on how to make your own.

You can make it with any beef or venison, although I haven't tried it with Ostrich or Crocodile yet.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2020, 05:12:54 AM »

Insert answer here...

No misinterpretation on your part Jim, that's what he said.

The lieutenant governor of Texas argued in an interview on Fox News Monday night that the United States should go back to work, saying grandparents like him don’t want to sacrifice the country’s economy during the coronavirus crisis.

Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, 69, made the comments on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight” after President Donald Trump said he wanted to reopen the country for business in weeks, not months.

Patrick also said the elderly population, who the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said are more at risk for COVID-19, can take care of themselves and suggested that grandparents wouldn’t want to sacrifice their grandchildren’s economic future. 

“No one reached out to me and said, ‘as a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren?’” Patrick said. “And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in.” 

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2020, 02:47:32 PM »
Well what ya wanna know about biltong GP? You guys may know it as jerky....

Tell you what I'll do.......

I'll make some biltong over my "rest period", and take some pics while I'm doing it. I'll send you some detailed instruction sheet with pics on how to make your own.

You can make it with any beef or venison, although I haven't tried it with Ostrich or Crocodile yet.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: