Author Topic: Gun in the house  (Read 15830 times)

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
Re: Gun in the house
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 06:15:23 AM »
If I have to explain what Durham County, NC is, you won't understand.. 8)

I live in Chapel Hill and work in Durham. I'm not (currently) a gun owner, care to explain?
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 06:36:37 AM »
At our most recent physicals, the doctor asked us both about having guns in the house. The answer of course was, NO.
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline Conrad

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 06:55:07 AM »
My wife just had a physical this past week and I had one in the Spring, our doctor never asked about guns.

I asked my wife what she would have told the doc if asked. She said that it's none of the doc's damn business if we have guns or not.    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 07:52:42 AM »
You guys can't understand that? No wonder we're in such a mess!
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 08:10:30 AM »
Understand what,specifically?

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 08:25:39 AM »
Has anyone bothered to read this thread?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, 08:46:59 AM »

No, should we? Not reading a thread has never stopped us from commenting before you know?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 09:27:13 AM »

Sorry, you're in the wrong thread....

You should be here...

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=7619.0

You, as well, Conrad.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 10:30:32 AM »
I would reply in my most irritated voice "none of your damn business".
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2012, 12:36:19 PM »
Actually, that's your normal mode but I agree with the sentiment.  I haven't run into that yet on anything I've had to fill out.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »
I have not been asked this question, but if I were, my answer would be:  "Well, no, there are no guns in my house. I am wearing all of them right now."
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Lone-Rider

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 06:16:16 PM »
A Dr. asked me the question once and my reply was "Does your wife like it in the butt?" I could tell I shocked him and I followed up with "Too personal? Well, that has about as much relevance to our business here today as whether I have guns in the house."

He never asked a second time.

Offline booger

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 06:26:07 PM »
I would reply in my most irritated voice "none of your damn business".

Pokey, my answer would be "no Agent Asshole, I no longer own any of the 250+ guns I have bought in the past 40 years"

Offline booger

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 06:50:30 PM »
If I have to explain what Durham County, NC is, you won't understand.. 8)

Ooo, Ooo, Ooo, Mr. Kotter I know.  Durham County, NC .  That's where the Ruby Ridge incident........no, that's in Northern Idaho.

It was the David Koresh and the Branch Dividians..........no, that was outside Waco, Texas.

I'm confused.  What significance is DurhamCounty, NC?

Offline Leo

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 07:40:30 PM »
I do not know who, if anybody, is having the Medical people ask this question.  I have been hospitalized 3 times this year at two different hospitals because I keep having heart attacks.  I have been asked that at both different hospitals, it was on one of the insurance forms and the cardiac rehab place wanted to know.  The place that did my stress test wanted to know if I was a hunter, police officer or in the military. I just told them "no".  That is my short slang for "no I will not answer that question"
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 08:05:26 PM »
Pokey, my answer would be "no Agent Asshole, I no longer own any of the 250+ guns I have bought in the past 40 years"

Or yes.......I have guns buried all over the state of Ohio, and some out of state too.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »
A Dr. asked me the question once and my reply was "Does your wife like it in the butt?" I could tell I shocked him and I followed up with "Too personal? Well, that has about as much relevance to our business here today as whether I have guns in the house."

He never asked a second time.

:o ??? :-\

Offline midnightrider

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 10:38:44 AM »
That question is on the questionare I fill out at my annual physical each year. My doctor says its the insurance company that wants to know. He is an avid hunter and shooter like the rest of us and doesn't like it, but the insurance company reguires it for a physical. I always leave it blank.
2004 C10 RIP

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 11:01:41 AM »
It has to do with laws concerning domestic violence. Theres all sorts of forms and paperwoork that needs done when a patients checks into a hoospital. Some docs ask as part of their protocols, some insurance companies ask, etc... They ask questions to all patients about if they feel threatened, do they live alone, are they afraid to go back home, does anybody want to hurt them and so on, the gun question is included as part of the law passed. Not sure if its part of a grand plan, I'm sure folks who want could glean info off it, but as always deny, deny,deny.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline ARS

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 05:01:37 PM »
Maybe I'm a glass is half full guy.  Many of us don't give humanity enough credit.  If our economy crashed, or a physical disaster strikes most people would strap up their boots and pull together, not apart.  I for one will not live my life in a constant state of fear, if the big meteor is about to render us extinct I'll be watching it come in my lawn chair with a beer in one hand and a fine cigar in the other.