Author Topic: Gun in the house  (Read 15828 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Gun in the house
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 05:05:41 PM »
Maybe I'm a glass is half full guy.  Many of us don't give humanity enough credit.  If our economy crashed, or a physical disaster strikes most people would strap up their boots and pull together, not apart.  I for one will not live my life in a constant state of fear, if the big meteor is about to render us extinct I'll be watching it come in my lawn chair with a beer in one hand and a fine cigar in the other.

I put little faith and trust in mankind, and who that has posted lives in a constant state of fear?
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ARS

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 05:12:46 PM »

Or yes.......I have guns buried all over the state of Ohio, and some out of state too.

Need I say more?

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 05:20:13 PM »
... If our economy crashed, or a physical disaster strikes most people would strap up their boots and pull together, not apart. ...

I think that's generally true. All went fairly well in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Some couldn't get fuel for their generators on the second(?) day though. What if it was longer? A larger area damaged?

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2012, 06:15:55 PM »
We'll see how long that kumbya stuff lasts when the horsemen ride.

Offline ARS

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »
. . .and there will be more disasters like Sandy or probably even worse.  I have no issue with being prepared.  I'm prepared.  Being ready for short term disaster is everyone's responsibility, but burying guns ??  I guess if this gives you peace of mind. . .you go guy.  Perhaps I'm turning this string to the South, but the level of paranoia in this country created by the media and internet has gone out of control. 

" kumbya" . . ."horsemen" really??   :deadhorse: 

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2012, 07:05:59 PM »
Need I say more?

And you believe what I said?  :rotflmao:  By the way.....I don't own any guns, they scare me.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 07:06:41 PM »
... but burying guns ?? ...

Figure of speech I'm sure.
But if you read the OP... If all your screwdrivers are out back in the chicken coop, you can give them an honest answer: "NO".

I have 50+ pounds of flour 'in the coop'. Someone in midtown Manhattan might not understand why, but I do. And it's not paranoia ;)

Couple of good friends are Mormon. They have a years worth of food in reserve, or are supposed to. Paranoid, or preparedness?

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Son of Pappy

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
. . .and there will be more disasters like Sandy or probably even worse.  I have no issue with being prepared.  I'm prepared.  Being ready for short term disaster is everyone's responsibility, but burying guns ??  I guess if this gives you peace of mind. . .you go guy.  Perhaps I'm turning this string to the South, but the level of paranoia in this country created by the media and internet has gone out of control. 

I sure wish you would join the Arena portion of the forum, I'd like to openly discuss the pros and cons of gun ownership and why I think that being paranoid is not paranoia at all.  I personally won't bury my weapons, they were all lost in a tragic boating accident just 45 minutes ago, I'd go back and recover them, but after walking for 2 weeks without water or nourishment I seem to have forgotten where the boat went down. :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »
Most of my 'paranoia' has been created by the government as it exists today and the society that has elected it.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 07:59:59 PM »
Most of my 'paranoia' has been created by the government as it exists today and the society that has elected it.

+1  That's just how I feel too
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline Conrad

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2012, 04:30:29 AM »
Maybe I'm a glass is half full guy.  Many of us don't give humanity enough credit.  If our economy crashed, or a physical disaster strikes most people would strap up their boots and pull together, not apart.  I for one will not live my life in a constant state of fear, if the big meteor is about to render us extinct I'll be watching it come in my lawn chair with a beer in one hand and a fine cigar in the other.

If you don't expect too much you'll never be let down. Some folks WILL come together and help others if the **** hits the fan, others won't. Please read this.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=11692.0
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 04:36:43 AM »
 :thumbs:  8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 04:49:22 AM »
I haven't seen any questions about swords, yet.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2012, 04:50:15 AM »
OJ ?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2012, 05:02:37 AM »

And you believe what I said?  :rotflmao:  By the way.....I don't own any guns, they scare me.

Not quite sure that I believe that statement... ::)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2012, 05:11:31 AM »
Not quite sure that I believe that statement... ::)

They all belong to his wife.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2012, 05:15:57 AM »
That explains it then...  I met her a few months ago when I stopped in to see Poke after his surgery.  He's a lucky guy.  They're both good people.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2012, 10:03:41 AM »
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2012, 10:04:42 AM »
That explains it then...  I met her a few months ago when I stopped in to see Poke after his surgery.  He's a lucky guy.  They're both good people.

How dare you ruin my reputation!!!! My wife is my best friend.....true story.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2012, 01:14:34 PM »
I like the new avatar...suits you. :)