Author Topic: Stupid is as stupid does  (Read 33589 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2018, 08:07:55 AM »
You mean paying for sex is illegal?    :o

DeKALB – A man who reported to police a “woman” he paid to have sex with him never showed up has been charged with solicitation of a sexual act.

Peter N. Coleman, 52, of the 600 block of North Annie Glidden Road, could face up to a year in jail if he’s convicted.

Police said in court records that Coleman reported that he paid “Kayrene” $40 via Paypal to have sex with him, but she never showed, so he wanted the company to refund his money.

According to the records, Coleman showed officers the exchange of messages with “Kayrene” indicating he wanted back his $40, which he’d paid her for gas, and that she never came for the other $50.

“Kayrene” told Coleman in a message that there would be a refund charge, at which point he urged her to just go to his house to have sex.

Coleman claims that because he did not, in fact, receive the woman’s services, he didn’t think he’d get into trouble.
Coleman was arrested Tuesday and posted $150 bail to be released, and is due back in court at 9 a.m. Dec. 20.

:rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2018, 10:22:14 AM »
You mean paying for sex is illegal?    :o

DeKALB – A man who reported to police a “woman” he paid to have sex with him never showed up has been charged with solicitation of a sexual act.

Peter N. Coleman, 52, of the 600 block of North Annie Glidden Road, could face up to a year in jail if he’s convicted.

Police said in court records that Coleman reported that he paid “Kayrene” $40 via Paypal to have sex with him, but she never showed, so he wanted the company to refund his money.

According to the records, Coleman showed officers the exchange of messages with “Kayrene” indicating he wanted back his $40, which he’d paid her for gas, and that she never came for the other $50.

“Kayrene” told Coleman in a message that there would be a refund charge, at which point he urged her to just go to his house to have sex.

Coleman claims that because he did not, in fact, receive the woman’s services, he didn’t think he’d get into trouble.
Coleman was arrested Tuesday and posted $150 bail to be released, and is due back in court at 9 a.m. Dec. 20.

:rotflmao:

I don't know if this Darwinism in action or not. On one hand, he is still capable of having sex and presumably reproducing, but since he's so stupid to go about it this way, maybe not.  :rotflmao:

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2018, 04:28:21 PM »
it could get better...
Imagine that on the day of his hearing.... “Kayrene” shows up, tries to counter sue for him not "satisfying" her, and also makes claims she now has "phone Herpes" requiring medication....

thank goodness what happens in DeKalb, stays in DeKalb...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2018, 05:41:09 PM »
it could get better...
Imagine that on the day of his hearing.... “Kayrene” shows up, tries to counter sue for him not "satisfying" her, and also makes claims she now has "phone Herpes" requiring medication....

thank goodness what happens in DeKalb, stays in DeKalb...

Nope... Thanks to Conrad it didn't stay in DeKalb..... :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2018, 07:24:39 AM »
I'm thinking that Coleman still owes the hooker the 50 bux for a 'refund charge'.  ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2018, 07:25:22 AM »
Nope... Thanks to Conrad it didn't stay in DeKalb..... :)

You're welcome

Offline Conrad

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2019, 09:27:02 AM »
Lord save us from millennials.    :o

https://www.foxnews.com/health/company-sells-80-used-tissues-so-people-can-get-sick-when-they-want

Company sells $80 used tissues so people can 'choose' when to get sick

A company which sells used tissues in an effort to allow consumers to decide when they get sick has reportedly been sold out online for months.

The tissues, created by company Vaev and sold online for a steep $79.99, will help people "prepare for the flu season and feeling clear all year round," according to the company website.

"We believe that when flu season comes around, you should be able to get sick on your terms," the Los Angeles-based company states online. "We believe using a tissue that carries a human sneeze is safer than needles or pills."

The company states the tissue is "specially treated with organic ingredients, is non-prescription, and works hand in hand with the human body to keep your immune system feeling like your immune system."

Oliver Niessen, the company's 34-year-old founder, told TIME that the idea behind the product is to "choose" when you get sick, rather than deal with it when it naturally comes.

“That kind of freedom, that kind of luxury to choose — I mean, we customize everything in our lives and we have everything the way that we want it, so why not approach sickness that way as well?” he said.

Most customers who purchase the used tissues are "young parents and people in their 20s" who are skeptical of vaccines and seeking "alternatives," according to Niessen.

However, there are no vaccines to combat the common cold. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the best way to protect yourself from the symptoms of a cold — sore throat, runny nose, sneezing and coughing — is to wash your hands often, to stay away from others who are sick, and to avoid touching facial orifices where germs can enter the body.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2019, 09:56:22 AM »
I just can't believe it.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2019, 12:16:32 PM »
Wow, just, wow...

2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2019, 01:12:14 PM »
'sold out online'
What a business model. Next up....'Used Condoms' so you can choose when to get pregnant!    ::)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2019, 01:32:24 PM »
or what STD you want.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2019, 06:33:52 AM »
"The company states the tissue is "specially treated with organic ingredients, is non-prescription, and works hand in hand with the human body to keep your immune system feeling like your immune system.""

I have a couple of tissues here on my desk that have been 'specially treated with organic ingredients'. Free samples! Anyone? 

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2019, 04:13:52 PM »
miraculous...

as horrible as it sounds, when I was a very young child, and one of us kids in the neighborhood got a "general" illness, like measles, chicken pox, mumps,(not just colds and influenza), things that today aren't seen like what was common in the 50's and 60's... our mothers would arrange a "party", a dozen or so kids, along with brothers and sisters, would all become "immunized by proxy" while eating cake, drinking soda pop, sharing handfulls of Cracker-Jack and Peanuts, and sharing ropes of licorice,  and candy...
This was VERY common, nobody will admit to it, but Mom's were pretty smart...
Getting all the kids at one time actually helped prevent the long lingering re-infections that would ruin a complete summer, being passed slowly between us goobers.
This was done at a time, way back, when a Doctor would actually know your name, and he would "pack up his black doctor bag" and show up on your porch, and help you... and in return, Momma would hand him $10, and an apple pie, and he would smile and go back to his office on the corner...
I know it sounds totally crazy, but just because i decided to share that, I went and looked around... seems it actually was a pretty well and diverse spread of this occurring.. mind you, my experiences were from 1960-1965...
but it seems to have been regularly done... I guess my Mom was a trendsetter..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pox_party

Immunizations as we know them today, were not common place way back.
Doctors like mine, tried to stay on the cutting edge of discovery, and anytime a vaccine was developed, he would make a point of calling, and having us come in... he cared about children, and their health..It had nothing to do with $, that was the least of his cares, he would see every kid in my neighborhood, black, white, Asian, Oriental, didn't matter, and if you didn't have $ he would say pay me when you can... and never bat an eye about giving. He would also make it a point, to attend every one of those "parties", which I assume he actually suggested at that time period, and physically check each and every kid, and know which ones were to be watched closely (and made sure to tell those parents what to watch for, and if something changes to get him there a.s.a.p.), or which ones seemed to have more resistance to "the bug",

Luckily, the Salk and Sabin vaccines were developed at this very time, so we got that protection from the get go... Massive immunizations took place here in my home town, as we were the largest city in Ohio, and adjacent to Pittsburgh where the first vaccines were administered.
My brother is older than me, and unfortunately he actually got Polio in his teens, he recovered very well, and did not suffer from related issues unlike many kids back then.
I worry today, that as we consider that disease completely non existent today, it could resurface, and as we no longer immunize for it, things could get out of hand..
I think I have one of these posters somewhere, and one from the times we went and ate a sugar cube each week... for a month.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 04:58:37 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2019, 02:03:02 PM »
This one starts off 'way cool' until being badly executed......

https://news.yahoo.com/polar-vortex-psa-throw-boiling-175513672.html

So it is really cold in parts of the US- unusually cold even for areas that often see very cold temperatures. During any type of odd weather pattern such as this, it is really pretty normal to try some unusual things that only work when the weather is extreme, and tossing hot (or boiling) water into the air to watch it freeze is way up on the list. And pretty cool too- I frankly admit if temps. were low enough here, I would be the first one outside with hot (or boiling) water and tossing it into the air, onto the side of buildings, etc., etc. just to watch how extreme the behavior is. But extreme temperatures are not an automatic 'pass' for extreme idiocy and pouring hot or boiling water onto any mammal, especially a non- furred (Easy Boys- mostly non- furred), thin skinned ones such as humans. I mean really people! What is even worse is that we need a Public Service Announcement about this..... isn't the pain and suffering enough of a lesson?

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2019, 03:20:20 PM »
Darwinism at it's finest..
we did this in elementary school, and the teacher was smart enough to say.."when you hold the pan, pay attention to where the steam i going first, and throw it in THAT direction..." nobody showed up at school the next day with burns...
but we all had something to share..

just this week, we had -6 with 30 mph winds, and I just had to do it again...

it was pretty clear WHICH direction to throw it..... and brought back a fond memory.

pouring it over your head, and throwing it into the air, differ greatly... thanks to youtube, we can elect new candidates for the Darwin award...

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2019, 03:35:27 PM »
Yeah, the 'throwing of hot water' is not inherently dangerous, any more so than shooting, driving, riding motorcycles, using chainsaws, etc., etc. but it IS rather unforgiving, just like all of the aforementioned. It is not that no one should do such a thing, it is just that doing it badly or incorrectly has a price that a person may not be willing to pay.....

Brian

Darwinism at it's finest..
we did this in elementary school, and the teacher was smart enough to say.."when you hold the pan, pay attention to where the steam i going first, and throw it in THAT direction..." nobody showed up at school the next day with burns...
but we all had something to share..

just this week, we had -6 with 30 mph winds, and I just had to do it again...

it was pretty clear WHICH direction to throw it..... and brought back a fond memory.

pouring it over your head, and throwing it into the air, differ greatly... thanks to youtube, we can elect new candidates for the Darwin award...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2019, 04:20:19 PM »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :goodpost: :rotflmao:

doing anything seen on youtube has that propensity for going awry...

"It is not that no one should do such a thing, it is just that doing it badly or incorrectly has a price that a person may not be willing to pay..... "

back in '77 during our record breaking winter here in N.E. Ohio, the house I rented/lived in had a sloped property, front of house was at street level, and back of house, due to the hill, had a basement and door that opened to the rear driveway.. the Hot water heater was about 10 feet from the door, we decided to "test" the snow maker theory, and hooked up the hose, with a sprayer nozzle on it, and played...during a drinking party...
we made a huge mound in a very short time.... it was a blast to use as a slide, from the upper porch deck, down to the driveway...

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2019, 01:07:05 AM »
One of the few things in my life in which I can take great joy is that I infected my older sister with a raging case of chicken pox when I was 6 (she was 10). 
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2019, 08:27:44 AM »
New Port Richey motorcyclist dies after popping wheelie just before Tampa crash, troopers say

TAMPA — A 36-year-old New Port Richey man died Wednesday after he popped a wheelie on his motorcycle and was then cut off by a car, resulting in a crash that threw him from his motorcycle, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

The crash took place at about 8:20 p.m. Tristan Velez was riding a 2018 Kawasaki motorcycle north on N Florida Avenue, approaching Celestial Oaks Drive when he elevated the front wheel of the bike and started riding on the back wheel, pointing the headlight skyward, troopers said.

Approaching the motorcycle from the opposite direction was a 2006 Chevy Cobalt driven by 26-year-old Jean Rony Jean Jacques. It was headed south in the inside lane on N Florida Avenue.

The Chevy changed lanes to get into the continuous left hand turn lane, and then turned left — crossing into the motorcycle’s path. The Chevy driver did not see Velez’s motorcycle, troopers said,

The motorcycle collided with the car and Velez was thrown off the bike and into the car, the Highway Patrol said. He later died from his injuries at AdventHealth Tampa hospital. He was wearing a helmet.

The Chevy driver, who was using his seatbelt, was taken to the same hospital to be treated for minor injuries.

No charges appear to be pending in this case. Alcohol was not a factor in the crash, troopers said. In Florida it is illegal for motorcyclists to operate “with one wheel off the ground at any time,” according to state law.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2019, 09:39:12 AM »
Sad. Heavy price to pay for being stupid. I don't do wheelies and besides all the other reasons why it is dangerous on the street, have never thought about the problem of doing it a night and now the headlight is not pointing forward. Feel bad for the other driver.

New Port Richey motorcyclist dies after popping wheelie just before Tampa crash, troopers say

TAMPA — A 36-year-old New Port Richey man died Wednesday after he popped a wheelie on his motorcycle and was then cut off by a car, resulting in a crash that threw him from his motorcycle, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

The crash took place at about 8:20 p.m. Tristan Velez was riding a 2018 Kawasaki motorcycle north on N Florida Avenue, approaching Celestial Oaks Drive when he elevated the front wheel of the bike and started riding on the back wheel, pointing the headlight skyward, troopers said.

Approaching the motorcycle from the opposite direction was a 2006 Chevy Cobalt driven by 26-year-old Jean Rony Jean Jacques. It was headed south in the inside lane on N Florida Avenue.

The Chevy changed lanes to get into the continuous left hand turn lane, and then turned left — crossing into the motorcycle’s path. The Chevy driver did not see Velez’s motorcycle, troopers said,

The motorcycle collided with the car and Velez was thrown off the bike and into the car, the Highway Patrol said. He later died from his injuries at AdventHealth Tampa hospital. He was wearing a helmet.

The Chevy driver, who was using his seatbelt, was taken to the same hospital to be treated for minor injuries.

No charges appear to be pending in this case. Alcohol was not a factor in the crash, troopers said. In Florida it is illegal for motorcyclists to operate “with one wheel off the ground at any time,” according to state law.