Author Topic: Duke has passed RIP  (Read 5759 times)

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
Re: Duke has passed RIP
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 08:37:31 AM »
Read your post on Facebook. Watched the video and Jeanice and I walked around choked up and Teary. Sorry for your loss Mark, pets are hard to see pass and Duke was special to all of us.

Offline Stasch

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 11:04:57 AM »
Sorry to hear this.  Duke will certainly live on in my memory even though i never met him.

Looking at a pic or vid of him never failed to make me smile.

To me the joy that is in a dog is best expressed by those lucky dogs hanging their head out the car window.

"wonder where we're going now . . . . oh yeah . . . . .  oh boy . . . . .  I smell stuff . . . . . . oh wow !"
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Makz58

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2012, 02:16:02 PM »
Sorry for your loss as a dog lover I feel for you....Duke was lucky to have you and you him. I will miss his riding stories RIP little guy.
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline Bob Young

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 03:13:03 PM »
Sorry. I had just read about Duke's 100th video and really enjoyed all of the videos you took. I always marveled at the places you went, some if not most of them I had been to but not with such a good traveling companion as you had.

RIP, Duke. May we meet some day where there's all good roads and good weather....
Bob Young

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 07:20:47 AM »
Sorry for your loss.  Had to call my dog over and hug her for a couple of minutes.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 10:23:05 AM »
 :(

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 10:53:13 AM »
 I'm so sorry to hear of Duke's passing. I have always enjoyed the stories and videos of your travels together. We have 3 dogs of our own (including my Australian Shepard named Duke) and have experienced the loss of others over the years. It's never easy, but remember all the smiles and the unconditional love they always give.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 11:10:03 AM »
 :'(
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline marcusorelius

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about Duke's passing.  :(

It was always a treat when visiting this site to see pictures of him out riding. That was a wonderful video you made and posted. It had a hauntingly beautiful song, would you mind if I asked who was it?

Thanks again everyone, it helps to know how many people loved him. The song in the vid is Laura Shay, a talented young gal in Pa, whos music carrer is more of a hobby. I contacted her on FB and showed her the vids I have made with her songs, she gave the thumbs up
THe Duke was KING!

Offline dagofast

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2012, 10:36:06 PM »
I shared your video with my brother. He lost his Bichon, Mr. Peabody a couple of years ago and still misses him. Oh, and thanks for the tip on Laura Shay. She just gained a new fan!

Offline marcusorelius

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 11:19:24 PM »
It's never easy, but remember all the smiles and the unconditional love they always give.
As Duke put countless smiles on peoples faces, I'm glad I put some smiles on his face!
The Smiles of Duke!

Offline shakespeare

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 07:21:09 AM »
I don't stop by here very often anymore, for I have sold my Concours and bought a KLR.

I am so sorry, and genuinely sad to read this. I'm certain Duke has put smiles on many faces over the years, including mine, as I have followed your adventures here on the forum.

I remember when you aquired Duke (from a family member if I recall correctly), and I have always thought how lucky he was to end up with you.

Although I know you are hurting, you need to remember the good times you had with Duke, and feel good about yourself for giving him such a great home, and a lot of great times.

My wife and I lost our 2 best friends in 2012, losing Shakespeare was, by far, the worst day of my life. My wife is also familiar with your adventures with Duke, I will wait until tonight to tell her this bad news, for I know it will upset her (esp since your Duke looks so much like her Chloe) , and I don't want to do that to her while she's at work.

Time will help ease the pain some, but I still miss Shakespeare terribly, and he passed away May 4th, the day before his 5th birthday.

I sincerely hope you find another deserving friend to share your 2 wheeled adventures with.

I wish you the best in 2013........Dan
Dan in South Jersey (formerly danielcombs)

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »
I'm so sorry, I remember Duke from quite a few years ago and love to read your posts and look at his pictures. He was a mascot of the Concours world. He'll be waiting for you just over the rainbow bridge.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"