Author Topic: Five Connie's hook up for a ride in Oregon  (Read 6013 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Five Connie's hook up for a ride in Oregon
« on: October 06, 2012, 07:24:06 PM »
Jay, Rich and I met in Beaverton this morning then we rode out to Troutdale to meet up with Rob and Bill. Rob took us on a great ride, backroads from Troutdale to Zigzag. We went up over Mt. Hood and down to Tygh Valley for lunch. Rich peeled off and went home to get ready for the Ducks game after lunch(go Ducks). From Tygh Valley we rode 216 to 97 into Biggs Juntion. Jay and I peeled off at Biggs and slabbed it home for the Ducks game. Rob and Bill went over to the Washington side and rode some more.

I have an app on my Iphone called Diablo. It's pretty sweet it tracks where you go, how fast, lean angle, and a bunch of other stuff. Distance from Rob's house over the hill and back to my house was 301 miles, Max Speed - some where in the triple digits  ;D, Average speed - 40.2 mph, Max lean angle - 35.1 degrees, and so on. I need to figure out how to email the ride report to myself. While I work on that here are a few pictures. I am sure Jay will have more.

Great ride guys, I thoroughly enjoyed myself today.

Three black bueaties  ;)

Five Connie's coming off of Mt. Hood

All gased up and ready to roll home.

Son of Pappy

Re: Five Connie's hook up for a ride in Oregon
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 07:32:59 PM »
I sure wish I coulda made it.  I did have a great time on the dirt bike though ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 08:00:29 PM »
Yep, you definately missed out Chet...  :(

Rob picked out some absolutely awesome roads for us today, kudo's to Rob, thanks bro!  :chugbeer:

And me and Gumbi stopped off at Multnomah Falls on the ride home for this pic...  8)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 08:19:33 PM »
I dislike you all!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline George R. Young

• Concours 2001 Farkles
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 08:35:37 PM »
How does it know lean angle?
65 CB160 (67-69), 69 350GTR (69-72), 72 R5, 73 RD350 (73-84), 82 XZ550 Vision (84-03), 01 Concours C10 (03-19), 89 EX250 (11-14), 00 SV650S (14-16), 03 SV650S (19-)

Offline okxd45

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 08:36:34 PM »
I dislike you all!
I second that... ;)
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 08:41:40 PM »
I second that... ;)
I will tell you what my 15 year old boy tells me.

DON'T HATE ME CAUSE YA AIN'T ME   :stirpot:

Offline okxd45

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 08:44:36 PM »
I've heard that one before......mine are 18 and 19. ::) Look forward to another trip to the PNW with the wife!
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 08:45:58 PM »
How does it know lean angle?
You keep the Iphone as vertical as you can, which is pretty easy for me because I have a RAM mount for my Iphone on my bars.

Accuracy, who knows? Cool piece of technology though.

http://www.ridermagazine.com/latest-news/diablo-super-biker-app-now-also-available-for-android.htm

http://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/diablo-super-biker/id451756374?mt=8

Offline udoggie

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 11:28:54 PM »
Looks like a fun time!  Maybe next time I can make it.  'Tis been a crazy weekend.

UD
Aloha, OR.

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 11:33:40 PM »
Now you guys know one of my favorite rides.  :)  I still have several others, so keep stretching, and start negotiating your next "ride day" / free time now.   ;D

After we split up at Biggs Junction, Bill and I wandered North across the Columbia River to Goldendale, then west on SR142 for even more canyon carving.  We weaved our way back to SR14, and then took another diversion onto old highway 8.  That eventually brought us back to SR14, which we road all the way to Vancouver Wa.  We crossed the Glen Jackson bridge, took Airport Way to Marine Drive, and road the levy all the way back to Troutdale.  Bill and I  waved goodbye to each other there, and I headed back to Corbett.  Bill continued on to Gresham, then home.

Great ride guys!  No mishaps, lots of great twisty roads with no traffic, high speed roller coasters, and even half a dozen switchbacks to slow things down from time to time.  Lunch was pretty good too.  8)
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline sixshooter

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 08:08:56 AM »
What a great ride for a sunny Saturday out of PDX. How to I get on the list when you guys are setting up a day ride? I live in Clackamas and all I had going yesterday was honey do's. Planning to get out today later for a short hop. Enjoy the weekends while the sun lasts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 08:11:02 AM »
I need to figure out how to email the ride report to myself.

I created an account for this app and it deleted all of my sessions.  >:(

http://www.pirelli.com/diabloapp/

Now we're going to have to do this ride again. What time are meeting today guys?  ;)

Offline Stubby

• 2011 Silver ABS Concours 1400
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 08:34:39 AM »
Looks like a sweet time guys someday I will make it up that way till then I will just have to suffer with the roads here in UT   ;D
it's better to ask forgiveness than permission..... So I have been told

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 11:51:27 AM »
What a great ride for a sunny Saturday out of PDX. How to I get on the list when you guys are setting up a day ride? I live in Clackamas and all I had going yesterday was honey do's. Planning to get out today later for a short hop. Enjoy the weekends while the sun lasts.

Well, you've already taken the first step - letting us know you're in this area.   ;)
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 12:09:55 PM »
I created an account for this app and it deleted all of my sessions.  >:(

http://www.pirelli.com/diabloapp/

Now we're going to have to do this ride again. What time are meeting today guys?  ;)

Probably for the best, destroy the evidence and all that.  ::)

You peaked my curiosity, so I searched around on Google Play for that app (on my tablet).  I couldn't find it, so I went to my phone and did the same search, and found it right away (Google? WTH??).  Anyway, once I installed it on my phone, it showed up in my downloaded apps on my tablet, and I could then install it.

I put the tablet in the map compartment on top of my tank bag (interactive map while riding  8) ), so this seems like a great place to 'test it out'.

The reported 35.1 degree lean angle seems a bit low, given some of the corners we were racing through, so I want to test it myself.  It may be correct, since I was a little too busy to watch your lean angles in my mirrors.  ;D

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »
Wow, it looks like I'm the only "odd" connie of the bunch. I know we had 1 blue but the pictures make them all look black.

Then again, I am a little odd...

It was a fun ride,but  I would probably shorten it up just a little for the people with crappy seats. :)

Offline C14PAINKILLER

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 06:29:06 PM »
Wow, it looks like I'm the only "odd" connie of the bunch. I know we had 1 blue but the pictures make them all look black.

Then again, I am a little odd...

It was a fun ride,but  I would probably shorten it up just a little for the people with crappy seats. :)

You added spice to the monotony, all black :o :stirpot: Looks like a great ride, hope you didn't have to wait to long for them slower bikes to catch up!

Thanks for sharing guys.
2010 PAINKILLER BLUE   COG# 9405
Rides the metal monster, breathing smoke and fire

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »
You added spice to the monotony, all black :o :stirpot: Looks like a great ride, hope you didn't have to wait to long for them slower bikes to catch up!

Thanks for sharing guys.

Nope, there was no waiting PK, no silver Connies joined us...  :rotflmao:   :stirpot:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »

Nope, there was no waiting PK, no silver Connies joined us...  :rotflmao:   :stirpot:
If I had been there we woulda been more worried about LEOs than touching up the polish for the pics :o  Not sure if I ever woulda got out of second, wait, there was a red bike there, third gear riding with that motley looking crew :-*