Author Topic: Nearly taken out  (Read 2219 times)

Offline DarrellB

• Arena
  • If your going to ride. Ride. Forget the trailer
Nearly taken out
« on: May 17, 2011, 09:07:22 PM »
I had a car today( from directly beside me) force me into a raised medium. I did what skate boarders would classify as wall grind with the bottom of the bike and and center stand leg. Not sure how I didn't take a dive but I must of put my foot down because my calf and ankle are sore. I blew the horn and yelled but they kept coming over. I couldn't see inside because tented windows but they didn't bother to stop and see if I was okay and I did not get the plate number because I was to busy trying to save the bike and getting my mind back right . This was the first time on a road bike that I really was going down. Well I guess it happens but it would have been nice if they would have stopped to see if I was ok.  Oh well I ride that way everyday. Maybe I can see them again. Not that It will do any good but I hope I do.   
02 Connie with 06 Skin

YoDoc

Re: Nearly taken out
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 10:20:41 PM »
I kicked a car once in traffic in my Harley days. Some stupid high school girl on a cell phone...

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 12:18:54 AM »
Glad you made it out OK, man!  Filing a report with the police/highway patrol probably won't accomplish anything.  Any chance you traded paint with this idiot?
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline DarrellB

• Arena
  • If your going to ride. Ride. Forget the trailer
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 05:07:56 AM »
No Im sure about that. He or she was real close to getting my leg.

02 Connie with 06 Skin

Offline roadkoan

• Arena
  • Some are as the river, some are as the rocks.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 05:19:30 AM »
Holy Hanna! Sounds like a close call. Good Save!
I know some people you can't fix, but I recommend the horn upgrade and relay wiring.
She was loud before, but now she can be almost as loud as the straight pipe crowd!
'02 C-10

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 06:29:56 AM »
Some very good advice, watch your position via their blind spot, and get a Fiam Horn.
A blast from that horn seems to get everyones attention, even with the radios up , and especially if they are distracted by cells, gps. or ignorance.
Glad you got out with no damage to bike or body.
Everyone ride safe out there.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?